Votes: 14 25.5%
  • No, leave it with this one

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Maybe let's see how KOCS turns out

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shortie

By the sounds of it if this one does well (which it will) Lucas plans on doing atleast 1 more. Plus he wants Harrison back!

So do you want more?
I do as long as Harrison, Karen & (maybe) Shia return.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Only, and I mean ONLY if Karen's in it. Otherwise, to be honest, I don't really want to see any more. This one's enough. Also only on the odd chance it turns out to be a more than ok film. But then, you've got to wonder where do you stop? When the formula stops working and becomes stale? Or do you do it on a big bang finale where the series ends in a good way, like M*A*S*H did?

|ZiR|

I'd like just one more film, I think. The Indiana Jones Quintet.

Anything beyond that would be implausible though, because by then Harrison's age finally will be an issue.

Violet Indy said:
Only, and I mean ONLY if Karen's in it. Otherwise, to be honest, I don't really want to see any more.

If the relationship between Indy and Marion goes where I hope it goes in KotCS, I don't see how it'd be possible to exclude her from any further sequels.

Harrison at the helm, another one would be nice. Round it off at five. A nice even number.

My mathematics teacher was awful.

Dr. Gonzo

At this point I think it would be damned near impossible to do one more, this last script took 19 years to assemble and have all parties agree to it...
to give Indy a proper final movie would be nice, but you have the issue of the macguffin to deal with and how long it will take to get another one written plus the fact that spielberg has at least two movies to do before even considering it. Its not impossible if your just trying to put some crap out there and label it "Indiana Jones", but if they were serious about doing one last really good indy, i think it is not possible.

Falco09

I know George's original plan was to do five Indy movies. So I say as long as KotS ain't utter rubbish, then bring on a fifth.

|ZiR|

Falco09 said:
So I say as long as KotS ain't utter rubbish, then bring on a fifth.

But what if Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is rubbish? Pure garbage; an utter cinematic Titanic -- would that really kill off all public interest in another film?

Honestly, even if Indy IV stinks, I'd still like one more, if only to see out whether or not the franchise could redeem itself.

agentsands77

Well, if KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL is going to tie things up as well as I believe it will (with Marion and Indy getting married in the finale and all), then I'd rather they left it alone. That strikes me as a good place to leave our hero.

Dr.Sartorius

Only if Indy is the main character. I don't wanna see Mutt have more screen time.

Harrison playing Indy while nearly 70 though is pushing it.

I don't think there really needs to be another. I think we can survive with just new books, comics, and video games after Indy 4.

Agent Z

I am leaning towards them ending the series with Kingdom. I don't care how great a series has been, if you keep going to the well again and again, you're going to end up with an empty bucket at some point.

Hopefully, Kingdom will end the series on a high note.