Bacon

roundshort

Is it the perfect food? Sure forgt the health issues that fat kills etc, hell corn syrup is much worse than fat, so I don't want to hear any sh*t about it being bad for you.

But wow, Bacon is so good. I just had lunch form Dean and Deluca, and if ou haven't been to one, you are missing out, and m sandwhich, had the worlds greatest bacon on it.

Please take some time out of your day to reflect on what bacon has given us (don't say heart attack smart-a$$), and lets submit a few lines about such a wonderful food source.

(Bacon) is proof god is a live, and wants to see us happy!"

Paden

roundshort said:
Please take some time out of your day to reflect on what bacon has given us
Heart attacks (or, if you prefer the technical term, myocardial infarctions). ;)

roundshort

Paden said:
Heart attacks (or, if you prefer the technical term, myocardial infarctions). ;)

didn't I just say, not to say heart attacks, huh!

in my best jackie Gleason voice, like in the Honeymooners

Johan

my wife and I started buying a Chicken and Turkey bacon. It's way healthier for just a wee bit less flavour...but its worth it for us.

IndyBuff

On the subject of bacon, my dog won't eat her food unless there is some bacon scattered in it. Yes, she's very spoiled but it's the only way that she will eat most of the time.;)

As for myself, I like bacon quite a bit, although I don't eat it much anymore.

roundshort

Indy said:
On the subject of bacon, my dog won't eat her food unless there is some bacon scattered in it. Yes, she's very spoiled but it's the only way that she will eat most of the time.;)

As for myself, I like bacon quite a bit, although I don't eat it much anymore.

Well, anyone form Tenesse, who has access to the second greatest food in the world, dry rubbed ribs (1-888-hogs-fly) doesn't need the allure of Bacon, man I would lvoe to be at teh Bar-B-cue shop and a whole rack of ribs . . .

Joe Brody

Couldn't Wait to Weigh in Here. . .

Perhaps my favorite paragraph from a great story by a wise man:

Every night now I used to slip ashore towards ten o'clock at some little village, and buy ten or fifteen cents' worth of meal or bacon or other stuff to eat; and sometimes I lifted a chicken that warn't roosting comfortable, and took him along. Pap always said, take a chicken when you get a chance, because if you don't want him yourself you can easy find somebody that does, and a good deed ain't ever forgot. I never see pap when he didn't want the chicken himself, but that is what he used to say, anyway.

The point? Bacon is the staple. Chicken is the luxury item. Bacon built this country.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
I'm gonna be mildly annoyed if this thread had been started in jest.

Jest, Hell I had the best sandwhich for lunch today (Dean and Deluca rocks!) and the bacon made it.

At a restaurant I worked at In Telluride we would do Brunch on Sundays in the morning. Usually brunch is an excuse to use whatever didn't sell all week (never eat brunch inthe city!), but not with our chef. Jimmy is one of those Norman Van Acken type guys, only the best will do, nothing was premade. Well, Jimmy would make this unreal bacon. I don't know who he bought it from, but it was insane. Every Sunday, I would be there gettingthe place ready before the servers would show up, and he would bring out the fresh trays of fat, juicky bacon. I would down a few pieces, and wow. I have never done any type of injectable drug, but the way that bacony goodness spread through out my veins! WOW, then to throw back a good glass for freshly squeezed OJ, those were the days . . .

There is a great Bacon of hte month Club you can join. I thnk the fellow's name is Dan Phillips who does it!

No jest Joe, just Bacon. I think Bacon was a staple for Chet Morton!

Paden

Side note: Personally, I think that Pap and Injun Joe qualify as two of the most terrifying antagonists in the history of literature.

On topic, much as I love bacon (especially as part of a breakfast feast), my culinary encounters with it are limited, as my household has been diligently striving to stick with a healthy diet for some time. Still, every once in a while, it hits the spot!

"The man ate bacon at every meal... you just can't do that!"
-City Slickers

;)

qwerty

If I would ever think about becoming vegetarian bacon would be the thing that would change my mind back. I might stay away from stakes but not from bacon.
I do not quite know names of all kinds of bacons but my favourite kind is the one that has a lot of fat and just occasionally meat. The kind that melts in your mouth. The moment it touches your lips aroma gives you the pleasure as strong as the first kiss. Every bite becomes the feast. And the moment it is over you feel as the luckiest person in the world becouse you had that fortune to taste the tastest meal that ever existed.
Sorry if I got carried away, but I realy love bacon.

roundshort

Paden said:
As previously mentioned...The Bacon of the Month Club. :)

You even receive a pig ballpoint pen with membership. :p

Actually the club is great, a guy named Dan Phillips started it, and he also started an import wine company which brings in some of the very best Australian wine out there, although personally, I would rather stick with Bacon!

About the quote form City Slickers, I hosted a few familes on a tour and tasting trip to some wineries in Napa, and we ate about 6 meals together, and one of the guys on the trip was so happy, as every meal he had he found something with Bacon on, in or as main course!

Paden

Does that mean Phillips is a...bacon guru? What exactly are the professional qualifications for such a position? ;)

IndyBuff

Maybe you can get paid to visit restaurants all over the country and taste their bacon and write reviews. You may gain 20 pounds but you'd definately get to eat a lot of bacon!;)