KOTCS's relation to YIJC

Matinee Idyll

Sankara said:
@adamwankenobi
Spielberg and Ford like YIJC??? I don't think so!!! :)
Source?

Harrison has definitely voiced his approval of the series, I remember reading the quote. Not sure about the Berg though.

Matinee Idyll

Knock it off. If you're so bloody keen go and find it for yourself. I know he said it, I've read the quote - all the proof I need.

Last edited:

Sankara

I know this video since a looong time. Boy, this an interview TO PROMOTE this show becaus it had very bad TV ratings. Nothing more! Do think Harrison Ford saw every single episode of "Young Indy"? :)

metalinvader

Sankara said:
I know this video since a looong time. Boy, this an interview TO PROMOTE this show becaus it had very bad TV ratings. Nothing more! Do think Harrison Ford saw every single episode of "Young Indy"? :)

Regardless,Promoting the show or not,He is still showing suport for the show.

And what does Ford watching ever episode have to do with anything?You can still suport a show and not watch it everyweek.

Sankara

No actor or director would say something negative about the show he promotes. I guess, Ford never saw "Young Indy".

I thought you are coming with NEW Interviews of Ford, Spielberg and their realtionship to "Young Indy" and "Indy IV".

It's possible that I could interview Ford in May. Trust me - i will aks him agout his thoughts about "Young Indy".

metalinvader

No actor or director would say something negative about the show he promotes. I guess, Ford never saw "Young Indy".

Well,Bill Cosby did for Leonard part 6...but that is niether here nor there..:p

I thought you are coming with NEW Interviews of Ford, Spielberg and their realtionship to "Young Indy" and "Indy IV".

Ain't going to happen because there most likely wont be any relationship between 'Young Indy' and 'KOTCS' besides main character.

It's possible that I could interview Ford in May. Trust me - i will aks him agout his thoughts about "Young Indy".

Either two things will happen...When Ford says he supports the show you will either..

A.Burn all your Indy stuff and denounce all things Ford

or

B.call Ford a liar and ask him for source

Last edited:

Matinee Idyll

Sankara said:

Ford isn't one to bull**** - if he doesn't like something, he'll say it. Lookit Bladerunner, for example.

If he didn't like the freakin' show, why would he agree to go and freeze his arse off for two days and shoot bookends for it - merely as a favour for George? I don't think so.

Ugh, this is so tiresome.

Last edited:

IndyJr.

Sankara said:
The "Blade Runner"-Example is nonsens. Have you seen the "Blade Runner"-Interviews from 1982??? :))))

Please, I will ask you in the most civilized manner I know how... shut up, sir. :gun:

You are obviously doing this for kicks. I say we do one of two things... ignore him and let him post his opinion and no longer respond to him. Or 2: ban him and call it a day.

edit: and he's obviously lying about him interviewing Harrison Ford. Who in their sane mind would dare interview Harrison Ford knowing the grief they've put Indy fans through?

tocksic

IndyJr. said:
edit: and he's obviously lying about him interviewing Harrison Ford. Who in their sane mind would dare interview Harrison Ford knowing the grief they've put Indy fans through?

Unfortunately he is not. ;)

Adamwankenobi

Sankara said:
Harrison has definitely voiced his approval of the series? Source?

Well, his production company helped produce the show, and Spielberg visited the Prague set, where he commented on how impressed he was with the show. He even planned on directing an episode, before he became tied up with Schindler's List and Jurassic Park. I don't know the exact source, but, as Indy would say... "trust me".

Sankara said:

So naturally your opinion on Ford's statement is more credible than Ford's actual statement. :rolleyes:

Shazam said:
Interesting. I seem to remember awhile ago after the removal of George Hall but before the new IndianaJones.com layout that the bio for our beloved hero still retained the old indy referance.

But I suppose we'll have to wait and see what the new bio says.

Yeah, that's one of the things that made me think Hall's stuff is still canon. I contrast that with how every time one of the Star Wars prequels was released, the StarWars.com editors would quickly change "incorrect" entries.

Last edited:

Adamwankenobi

Sankara said:

So in order for you to consider YIJC to be a quality show, you're saying every single episode of it would have to be outstanding?!? How many "good" shows can say that? None. Every show has its weaker episodes.

metalinvader said:
B.call Ford a liar and ask him for source

I think he would actually do that. :sick:

oki9Sedo said:
Ford wouldn't have cameo-ed in the damn thing, which means he couldn't have disliked it.

Exactly. Ford has always had a general dislike of TV after entering the film business. For him to appear on a TV show really means something... especially after his experience working on The Star Wars Holiday Special. :eek:

oki9Sedo

Attila the Professor said:
Nice emphasis. Not disliking something doesn't mean that you do like something.

Thats my point. He either liked it, or felt neutral enough about it to do it for the paycheque and for the simple fun of it. If he disliked the show I find it unlikely he would have appeared in it.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
No, I know that was your point, but it was subtly made, and almost surely would have gone unnoticed. They've got Sankara in their sights now and I wouldn't count on close readings of anything.

metalinvader

It's not going to matter how much evidence or examples we give Sankara,He's just going to come back with a stupid statement like..''Lawrence Kasdan didn't write a Young Indy episode,Therefor it is lousy".

:rolleyes:

Frankly,It's getting tired that any good Young Indy discussion turns into a debate about the quality or whatever with him.....