2nd Trailer - initial impressions

mr.wolf

well here's the thing, light-emitting diodes weren't COMERCIALY available til the '60's so this is pretty acurate the gov. having the stuff before us.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
The Man said:
250px-Mark_Sheppard_2007.jpg

Is this the wailing prisoner from the trailer? Mark Sheppard is a British-born actor, though he did play a Russian separatist in Day 5 of 24.

You mean ...Lampkin? Romo Lampkin?

Hehehe. I honestly don't think it's him. As cool as it would probably be.

Fine experience, Blue Jay! I actually had hoped to catch the original magic pants-a-plenty and voice-authentic trailer before the original version of Iron Man... Well, whatever. I failed.
As stupid as it sounds. I don't care about that LED thing.

Last edited:

spiralout

Blue Jay said:
just returned from IRON MAN (fun movie, Robert Downey jr. is always nice to watch).

We had the german version of the new trailer, they even announced it before the showing of Iron Man because they had like a lottery upfront where you could have won an Iron Man T Shirt, poster or giant banner.

The german translation was alright, although i am not sure about the voice of Marion if it is the same as it was in 1981.

On the other hand we had the unaltered version, where the russians are actually pointing the guns at Mac and Indy.

All in all, it was great.
It was the first time that i have seen Indy in the movie theatre. The experience wasnt at all what i was expecting, but hey it was just the trailer.

The trailer is pitch perfect, except the LED time (OMG) that is awfull :sick:
What were they thinking :confused:

It's not LED. They had incandescent displays just like that in the 50s.

SterankoII

I didn't really know they had that type of thing back then because of the warhead clock in 1964's Goldfinger didn't have it. The readout in the trailer does seem to make the same loud clicking noise though!

I can't believe I missed the chance to view this trailer.:mad: I presume it was good. Blessed are the sacred few who witnessed it.

jasperjones

I'm not trying to be funny or cause offence, I just can't believe people give a s=== about LED's/incandescent whatevers...

And even if people do care, I'm sure the production designer did his research...

And even if such technology wasn't available at the time, this is Hangar 51 we're talking about. Top secret military bunker. In movie terms I'd buy that...

But again, who cares?

Sorry, Like I say, not trying to be rude, just staggered people might care about that...

commontone

LED's were actually invented early in the 20th century. But it wasn't until 1962 that they were mass-produced commercially.

I guess it is possible that the government would be using them before then though. I agree, it's NOT a crucial observation, but hey, it does jump out at you and make you think "Wait a minute..."

jag074

New Trailer Bootleg Version Is Here

[Too late - have a nice vacation]

Last edited by a moderator:

jag074

new trailer -DIALOGUE TOO CHEESY

I think too much winking at the audience.

The actors seem like they are talkng to the audience, and not each other.
Seems too forced

Surely they didn't spent 15 years to come up with these lines?

Spielberg has something up his sleeve, trailers are usually nothing like the actual film.

On the other hand it does seem like TEMPLE OF DOOM. Self indulgent!

It will no way be as cool as Raiders, that a classic

jasperjones

It's a pulpy serial action adventure like the others. A b-movie with A-movie production values just like the others. I'm not sure what people expect other than cheesy. I admit the last line does seem to be trying a bit hard though. The rest I love, especially the you're embarrassing us line. Brilliant.

Darth Vile

The trailer may be completely at odds with the movie of course i.e. better than the movie itself, but taking the trailers at face value alone, there is nothing there that suggests that this isn't 100% Indiana Jones. Love the action scenes, love the look of the older Indy, love Indy's smart ass comments...

IrishLuck1980

torao said:
You mean ...Lampkin? Romo Lampkin?

Hehehe. I honestly don't think it's him. As cool as it would probably be.

Fine experience, Blue Jay! I actually had hoped to catch the original magic pants-a-plenty and voice-authentic trailer before the original version of Iron Man... Well, whatever. I failed.
As stupid as it sounds. I don't care about that LED thing.

Is that the actor from Battlestar Galatica who played the lawyer who defended Gaius Baltar?

sunshinestate1992

one of my favorite parts is when the new music starts after the ark theme and they are driving in the jungle its sounds almost rockin rolly in the begining

jag074

Marion was smiling in the truck when talikng to Mutt, about Indy not planning things.
She is in the middle of a battle with Russians! That just destroys the intensity of the situation.

Just like Connery and Marcus Brody joking about on the tank in last crusade.
Entertaining but cheesy

Airplane fight, Bar fight, and Truck chase in Raiders were not cheesy. They were brutal, bare knucked, kick ass scenes.

Skipper

jag074 said:
I think too much winking at the audience.

The actors seem like they are talkng to the audience, and not each other.
Seems too forced

Surely they didn't spent 15 years to come up with these lines?

Spielberg has something up his sleeve, trailers are usually nothing like the actual film.

On the other hand it does seem like TEMPLE OF DOOM. Self indulgent!

It will no way be as cool as Raiders, that a classic
If you're holding the movie to the standard of Raiders, you're bound to be disappointed. And the silly one-liners get used for the preview because there's not enough time for long exposition. It doesn't mean that the movie is going to be full of one-liners.

Jedinizar

torao said:
I just came from a screening of Iron Man that had no frame of this mind blowing trailer footage attached to it. I know that you can't control every little theater on this planet, Paramount, but...argh... nevermind...I'm gonna watch this trailer right now.

Hi you are from Frankfurt am Main right??? In witch Theatre you were?? I plan to see Iron Man tomorrow in Cineststar Metropolis at Eschenheimer Tor next to the Original Voice screening Theatre Turmpalast.
The Trailer is the only reason I would see Iron man, otherwise I?ll wait until he come out on DVD