2nd Trailer - initial impressions

Goodsport

sandiegojones said:
I realized after watching the trailer that the skull is more like the headpiece to the staff of Ra. The McGuffin is the City of Gold.

Hence the movie being called Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull rather than simply Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. ;)

-G

Goodsport

Rob67 said:
Wow, some of you peeps overanalyze these things to death. Doesn't that take away from your enjoyment?

For me, I wouldn't try to overanalyze the film's actual story and plot because I don't want to know any more about it than the trailer and TV spots already show before actually watching the film. I still want some surprises, after all. :cool:

As for "overanalizing" general aspects of the time period in which the movie takes place... where's the harm in that? ;)

-G

Adamwankenobi

patrickm2009 said:
my fav pic of mac yet...
mac.jpg

Mac: "Who... does Number Two... work for?"

Amdrag

sandiegojones said:
I realized after watching the trailer that the skull is more like the headpiece to the staff of Ra. The McGuffin is the City of Gold.

That is what I was thinking. The skull and City are connected, but Jones doesn't know that. Thus the first part ends with a skull and he thinks that is that.

The Man

patrickm2009 said:
my fav pic of mac yet...
mac.jpg

Is Mac covering his ears from all the shots or is he devastated having betrayed Indy and - he thinks - caused his "inevitable" death?

Iandiana

Yes indeed he says "Mythical"

Finally caught it on my 13th viewing.

I've been at work all day and I come home to this!!! Thank you Internets!

oki9Sedo

The Man said:
Is Mac covering his ears from all the shots or is he devastated having betrayed Indy and - he thinks - caused his "inevitable" death?

Well none of the other soldiers seem bothered by the loudness of the gunfire, so its strange that he looks like his eardrums are about to explode.

The Man

oki9Sedo said:
Well none of the other soldiers seem bothered by the loudness of the gunfire, so its strange that he looks like his eardrums are about to explode.

He could be a wimp around hardened Commies, though he looks to be crying. This could be after his "Elsa" revelation.

Michael24

The Man said:

I've been wondering the same thing. Mac looks like he could be a cool sidekick, so if there is a betrayal of some kind, I hope he's able to redeem himself and ultimately stay loyal to Indy.

oki9Sedo

The Man said:
He could be a wimp around hardened Commies, though he looks to be crying. This could be after his "Elsa" revelation.

I don't think he is crying....he looks like he isn't able to take the sound of gunfire. I guess he's a bit of a wuss, unlike Indy.

The Man

Michael24 said:
I've been wondering the same thing. Mac looks like he could be a cool sidekick, so if there is a betrayal of some kind, I hope he's able to redeem himself and ultimately stay loyal to Indy.

Yeah, I doubt he's inherently evil or ruthless. A few Ben Burtt-scored smacks from Indy should put him back on the straight-and-narrow...(y)

Chilled_Monkey said:
Just savored it in HD over breakfast. It's just........perfect :D

The breakfast or the trailer?:D

The scene with the Russkie and Indy being propelled forward on the sled!
Incredible. Looks like the best scenes are going to be early on!

oki9Sedo

herr gruber said:
The breakfast or the trailer?:D

The scene with the Russkie and Indy being propelled forward on the sled!
Incredible. Looks like the best scenes are going to be early on!

You know, from what I can see, I think this has the potential to be the best one since Raiders. I really do. Thats not excitement and anticipation talking. The story, the setting, the action, everything just looks really, really good.

The Man

oki9Sedo said:
You know, from what I can see, I think this has the potential to be the best one since Raiders. I really do. Thats not excitement and anticipation talking. The story, the setting, the action, everything just looks really, really good.

That's what Lucas promised us early on and...you know what? He and Spielberg may fulfill that promise. It does look wonderful.

Grave Robber

Two things

One, theres a shot with Indy laying down next to a rough looking guy with a beard as they're surrounded by natives. I think that guy is John Hurt. And we see him again as they're running from the gears crushing the walkway. So, what character is that?

Two, I loved the trailer except for the part where Indy slaps then punches the Russian guy. The movement was very slow that it reminded me of Connery punching people in League of Extraordinary Gentleman. I sure hope Indy kicking ass doesn't make it funny or humorous to think he' still trying to do all that stuff. But knowing Harrison, I'm sure he gave it all he could.

oki9Sedo

The Man said:
That's what Lucas promised us early on and...you know what? He and Spielberg may fulfill that promise. It does look wonderful.

Beats Last Crusade anyway. Much as I think thats a very good film, the action and its general laziness let it down.

The Man

Grave Robber said:
Two things

One, theres a shot with Indy laying down next to a rough looking guy with a bear as they're surrounded by natives. I think that guy is John Hurt. And we see him again as they're running from the gears crushing the walkway. So, what character is that?

Two, I loved the trailer except for the part where Indy slaps then punches the Russian guy. The movement was very slow that it reminded me of Connery punching people in League of Extraordinary Gentleman. I sure hope Indy kicking ass doesn't make it funny or humorous to think he' still trying to do all that stuff. But knowing Harrison, I'm sure he gave it all he could.

That bearded man is indeed John Hurt, who plays errant professor Harold "Ox" Oxley.

agentsands77

oki9Sedo said:
I entirely agree. If the quality of the film lives up to what's in this trailer, then we definitely have the best of the Indy sequels.