indiana jones with a beard

solidsnake1

I think since indiana jones had a beard in the young indiana jones episode. He should have one in indy 4 to show his older age. What do you all think?

Indy4ever

No Beard Please...

I say no beard. Stubble is okay, but no beard. The Indy I know doesn't wear facial hair!

(If it "ain't" broke, don't fix it!)

solidsnake1

The beard would make him look more aged and experienced. He has to have some stubble. That is part of the character!!

Whipper

We know the real reason for it is that Harrison was filming The Fugitive at the time. But as for Indy wearing one, I always assumed the beard was simply a sign that Indy had been out in the wilderness for quite a while hunting down that sacred pipe. It was the end of a longer than usual adventure for him.

If he's wearing a beard in Indy IV, it should be neatly trimmed for presentation. I wouldn't mind it. Perhaps they could have it both ways--start him out with a neat professor-beard, then shave it off when it's time to get out in the field and let the stubble gradually return.

wolfgang

Well, it won't happen, and this I know because harrison ford is a very expensive actor, and they won't get him in the a film for him "not to show his face", but i wouldn't mind if it was a brown beard, but the sean connery one? i don't think is a good thing for indy to inherited form his dad

Randy_Flagg

wolfgang said:
Well, it won't happen, and this I know because harrison ford is a very expensive actor, and they won't get him in the a film for him "not to show his face", but i wouldn't mind if it was a brown beard, but the sean connery one? i don't think is a good thing for indy to inherited form his dad

Harrison will shave his head to show he inherited Dad's baldness. So yes, he will be bald and have a beard in Indy 4.

bob

I think that it would be a pretty pointless addition myself generally in this sort of film beards only exist to be highly symbolicly shaved off to prove the characters rehabilitation

Canyon

Well, I guess it was fairly cool in The Young Indy episode, but...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Stubble pleeeezzzzzzeeeee!!!!

indiana.jpg

<small>Purely from a female point of view, you understand!</small> :D

Indy Canuck

Indy with beard. Bond with beard. (remember Die Another Day?) I think the more less tuned media buffs will be drawing the comparisons.

Indy is a stubble man.

"Shorty, where's my razor?"

00Kevin

Indyfan
Canuck, good one on the razor, hahaha

as for bond, the only reason was because he was captured and couldn't shave.....plus, would jinx and frost been so easily "beded" if he hadn't shaved????

Indy with a beard is DUMM :D, it's not him at all

how about people who likes indy back in the past, they walk into the theater, sit down, and when indy hops onto the scene, what do they say?

"WHAT THE (insert random 4 letter words)?"

Canyon

Oh yes!

Indygirl21 said:
Canyon, I couldn't agree with you more!! NO BEARD!!!! UGH!! Stubble is so much hotter

Absolutely! Stubble is 10 million times hotter (and looks great even when he's wearing glasses!) <small>fwoarrgghhhh</small>

indy02.jpg

D

daviesrobert

It may hide his age...

Hey there,

Harrison ain't that young any more (he's pushing 63 now?). In my opinion he's looking his oldest just below his chin and down through his neck.

Perhaps not only would a beard be fitting to a more mature character, it would help hide Harrison's real age (I know that in Indy IV Harrison will be playing an older version of the character, but surely not one that's supposed to look in his sixties?).

There are changes to Indy's appearance in each film anyway. I say a beard wouldn't be a bad thing, bring it on!

Rob

D

daviesrobert

It may hide his age...

Hey there,

Harrison ain't that young any more (he's pushing 63 now?). In my opinion he's looking his oldest just below his chin and down through his neck.

Perhaps not only would a beard be fitting to a more mature character, it would help hide Harrison's real age (I know that in Indy IV Harrison will be playing an older version of the character, but surely not one that's supposed to look in his sixties?).

There are changes to Indy's appearance in each film anyway. I say a beard wouldn't be a bad thing, bring it on!

Rob