Thoughts and 1 question

Ellies7th

Hi everyone ~
Let's start with the question: Does anyone know the intended filming location?

I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and opinions. One of the reasons Indy struck a note with me to begin with was the archaelogical theme. UFO's would only work for me if he happened to dig up one from 2000 years ago or something. Anyone ever read that book Chariots of the Gods? There are lots of old glyphs with representations of sky-visitors in bubble helmets -- even ancient clay vessels that could have been used as batteries. cool. This would have been perfect for Indy IV. PERFECT! Why didn't Lucas & Darabonte call me??

So here's my suggested title:
Indiana Jones and the Chariots of the Gods

Too predictable? Are audiences just sick of space stuff althogether?

Okay - keep me up to date on film location, will ya?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
It has been done already...not to mention there is an Indy script (by Lucas) that goes along those lines, but has since been abandoned.
Sounds too much like "Stargate".

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I think we once heard something about scouting locations in Morocco...I don't know if that was ever confirmed or not. I recall hearing the American Southwest as well, but I have nothing to back that up either. Perhaps someone who recalls these rumors better could clear this up.

Patrick

There was a book about that...hmmm... I think it was Micheal Chrichton's... I can't think of the name but I know it was him

FAN

I heard that they China was a possibility. I think Ford said something about he would like to film in China or that it would be great to film in China but he didn't say if they were going to or if it was for sure. Mabye if someone working on Indy IV go's to a chat room we can get him to let something slip. FAN

Aaron H said:
It has been done already...not to mention there is an Indy script (by Lucas) that goes along those lines, but has since been abandoned.
Sounds too much like "Stargate".

What script is that? Is it the Saucermen from Mars script by Jeb Stuart? 'Cause that's nothing like stargate. It has Indy in a race against time to take an alien crystal or whatever to various sites around the globe to prevent it from blowing the world away.

As far as I know there were only a few scripts completed that reached Lucas levels, then failed. Saucermen from Mars and Monkey King (or Garden of Life) by Chris Columbus are the only public two that I know of. Apparently there was a Boam script out there, but no one seems to know anything about it. (NOT Sons of Darkness)