Custom vintage-style cardbacks

The Golden Idol

monkey man said:
"Golden Idol"

It's issue #73. I have it. I'd post it but I never did figure out how to post pictures. I'd want a first generation scan if I were you anyway. It's perfect. I'll get around to making some for my figures sooner or later. I haven't found the right bubbles. G.I. Joes are close to the Kenner bubbles.
I wouldn't post it here anyway if I thought someone was going to use it to rip people off on Ebay. For me, this site is about Indy freaks like me. I'd do favors but only for real Indy fans and not for $$$. I don't want to help someone looking to make a buck on Ebay.
Don't mean to come off as snotty. All do respect.

If you're worried of people stealing the image, just PM me the image and I'll keep it to myself. As for posting pictures, register on Photobucket or a similar website, upload the pic there, and then take the URL from there and post it here. However, such sites can't support files in 300 dpi (good quality scan resolution size), which is the resolution I'd like to get the pic in. Can you email me a Photoshop file containing the pic in 300 dpi resolution? I'd appreciate it very much.
I'll PM you my email.

indyclone25

heres my scan sorry it was the only indy i had i have marion and others but indy needs a clean up
scan0008-5.jpg

The Golden Idol

Thanks for the scan, indyclone, but it's too small and too messy for me to use.

Does anyone have a scan of a clean Indy Kenner card in 300 dpi?

tnswman

It's nothing personal, it's just that people are protecting them...Maybe after the TOD wave hits and I can finish those I will put it on here.

bigal326

I e-mailed a custom vintage figure maker once. He said that what you do is get the template, photoshop it, print it, and then glue it to carboard (prefirable the carboard you get with comicbooks).

The Golden Idol

bigal326 said:
I e-mailed a custom vintage figure maker once. He said that what you do is get the template, photoshop it, print it, and then glue it to carboard (prefirable the carboard you get with comicbooks).

I know that. I just need the Indy Kenner card for that.

tnswman

The Golden Idol said:

Sometimes, You can find DVD's on ebay of custom SW cardbacks..Some of them have an Indy Template too.

Lambonius

The Golden Idol said:

I'd help you out if I could, but have you considered just buying a vintage carded figure off ebay? That way, you'd get the card for the template, and you'd have the added bonus of one of the vintage figs. Doesn't seem like too bad an option, right?

indyclone25

im looking for the exact size of the cardbacks measurements? anyone help i know the width is just a bit bigger the 5.3/4 (or 5.75) and length is just longer then 8.3/4 ( or 8.75) i'm not real good with the measuerments like millmeters and centimeters :D so if some can measure their cards and let me i would so appreciate it . thanks! (y)

dlupus

indyclone, most of the cards are exactly 6x9. I was trying to make my own card backs a while back but I just broke down and paid someone to make them for me!:hat:

indyclone25

yeah i was going to do the same thing , but decided to come up with a new version of the cards for my loose figures. they will not look vintage , they will not look like the new cards, but something original. once i have a design down i will post it , but i don't know on here but on a new thread on fanworks ...:D