Marvel Crossovers

Deckard

So, not really a spoiler since its in the TV commercial, but the new one for the Incredible Hulk reveals a cameo from Robert Downey as Tony Stark. Cool, something Marvel has been talking about doing and I believe the first real case of it happening. So my question is providing it goes smoothly, what other crossovers would you like to see?

For example, if we got a Spiderman 4, would it be so hard to believe that say a member of the Fantastic Four would at some point respond to the same disaster or incident as the Web Head? I mean if Johnny Storm is flying around and sees a building on fire and Spidey pulling people out, why wouldn't he help?, its his city too. I would love an R rated Punisher putting him up against Wilson Fisk, and maybe DareDevil gets in Punisher's way. It'd be a chance to redeem two characters at once. I think alot of potential exists here.

sandiegojones

Deckard said:
So, not really a spoiler since its in the TV commercial, but the new one for the Incredible Hulk reveals a cameo from Robert Downey as Tony Stark. Cool, something Marvel has been talking about doing and I believe the first real case of it happening. So my question is providing it goes smoothly, what other crossovers would you like to see?

For example, if we got a Spiderman 4, would it be so hard to believe that say a member of the Fantastic Four would at some point respond to the same disaster or incident as the Web Head? I mean if Johnny Storm is flying around and sees a building on fire and Spidey pulling people out, why wouldn't he help?, its his city too. I would love an R rated Punisher putting him up against Wilson Fisk, and maybe DareDevil gets in Punisher's way. It'd be a chance to redeem two characters at once. I think alot of potential exists here.
I like that they can cross over now but I don't know if FF should be in Spider-Man. This FF cast sucks! Which is too bad because Dr. Doom would be a good villain for Spidey. I've always liked Iron Man vs. Hulk. I think they're setting that up already.

TheMutt92

I think the only films Marvel is daring to do crossovers in right now are those under the Marvel Studios brand. So unless they can redeem Spidey or the FF (or reboot it like Hulk), I don't think we'll be seeing them crossing over yet. Personally, I'd love for them to at least redo Daredevil (cause he never really got the franchise he deserved!), rather than anyother Marvel film at this point. Imagine what they could do w/ that...

sandiegojones

I think Daredevil should be re-made and should be a little more violent and omit the Electra crap. It was always cool having Matt Murdock be the attorney for FF.

Lonsome Indy

well, they're already doing but Nick Fury and the Avengers. even though i do like DC's Justice League more and i am disappointed that they're going for the Ultimate Fury and not the original, its still one of my favorite things that Marvel did.

Daredevil and Punisher would be a neat one, or Punisher with any hero/villain.

Deckard

Punisher movie set in the 80s against Kingpin and Jigsaw, maybe start with Frank in nam. Then give DareDevil a nice role, something like he doesn't dig how Frank takes care of buissness so they can fight too. If it does well enough, then split them up and give DareDevil his own movie again. Man, I want to see that flick get made.

Stark seems to be looking to "recruit" Hulk. Im also looking forward to a Captain America movie in the future.

DocWhiskey

I'd love an Avengers film for the general audiences. But I'd also like perhaps a Marvel Knights film. Punisher, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Luke Cage all together taking on Kingpin and a bunch of B-list villains. Daredevil and Ghost Rider are 2 of my favorites, don't have that hack Mark Steven Johnson direct the films. He actually did do a nice job on the Daredevil director's cut though.

Lonsome Indy

Antman (n) never liked him. too campy for my taste. and im not much of a fan for Aquaman either but hes at least tolerable.

Deckard

Well he won't be given his own movie, just a role on the avengers, they may also introduce Giant Man, or maybe just replace that character with War Machine by then. I think it'll depend on if Iron Man 2 happens and also what happens w/ other Marvel films between now and then. Alot of differant people have been in the Avengers over the course of it being in action. I wonder what sort of role Sam Jackson may have as Nick Fury and more important, who will they fight? I'm hoping for Dr. Doom myself.

Lonsome Indy

you're right. i wonder what Fury's part will actually be. i think it depends on the situation. if its against Doom then he'll probably take the ranks as leader. i also wonder if they'll still call him Colonel as opposed to being Lt.

Hulk i heard is getting some nice reviews, and theres always the Wolverine and Magneto spin off. and since we're talking about crossovers, how about X-Men and Spiderman? they did it once before at least on the Spidey cartoon. but im not sure how it would work out on film, the story was kinda weak in the episode.

Shortie

Unless Marvel does some great bribing the Spider-Man can only crossover with Ghost Rider & X-Men can only cross-over with Fantastic Four because Marvel doesn't have the rights to those guys. Fox (FF &X-Men) & Sony (SM,GR) own them. I hope Marvel can cross-over or atleast mention them. I'm pretty sure Marvel will get Blade & DD back soon. Though Fox & Sony might give up FF & GR since they don't look like they'll be getting new movies anytime soon.

All the new ones are game for cross-overs though. (y)

Lonsome Indy

Nurhachi1991 said:
There is going to be a Punisher 2 I saw the trailer!

But no Thomas Jane so its going to suck (n)

i know, i was quite mad that he wasn't going to reprise the role and i honestly can't see anyone else as that character aside from him. im definitely skipping that one.

Deckard

Wolverine and Punisher are coming for sure, most likely Magneto, Thor, and another Iron Man.

Captain America has been greenlit for 2011, it will be a period piece set in WWII. He will be "frozen" at the end only to be thawed out by the Avengers in the modern day.

The Avengers movie will follow six weeks after the realese of Captain America and star the Captain, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Antman.

Great News.

No Ticket

I'd like to see Spider-Man and the X-Men team up for some reason. Both those trilogies did really well IMO. It would be interesting to say the least.

EDIT - Just read the thing about Sony and Fox owning the rights to each respectively. Well dangit. Then I don't really care to see a crossover so much!

Ignatius Stone

But no Thomas Jane so its going to suck

Nah, the new Punisher movie is going to be way better without him. Jane just didn't look enough like the Punisher to pull it off. The new guy at least resembles the comic book Frank Castle far more.
Plus, looks like they're going to reference the true Punisher origin in the new movie (Frank's family gets killed by mobsters in Central Park), and not that ridiculous Florida massacre nonsense from the previous movie.

The Man

Ignatius Stone said:
Nah, the new Punisher movie is going to be way better without him. Jane just didn't look enough like the Punisher to pull it off. The new guy at least resembles the comic book Frank Castle far more.
Plus, looks like they're going to reference the true Punisher origin in the new movie (Frank's family gets killed by mobsters in Central Park), and not that ridiculous Florida massacre nonsense from the previous movie.

Won't this be the third Punisher attempt?