Favourite Fantasy films.

|ZiR|

Montana_Jones said:
I SAID NO HARRY POTTER DAMM!T!:mad: Sh!t's only from 1997. The books...:rolleyes:

Meaning... what? It's not fantasy if it's from as recent as a decade ago? The hell you say?

In my store we put it in the Family section. It stays the hell away from Fantasy in my shop.

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but you have to face the fact that Harry Potter is indeed fantasy, and ranks among the most popular and beloved series in the entire genre.

Deckard

I just recently having seen Potter on TV started liking it. Especially the end of Pheonix, this is one of the coolest battles I've seen.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3DPUywYTt0&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3DPUywYTt0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Montana_Jones

What a waste of time Gary Oldman was in the Harry Potter movies.:(

Look, it's my thread and I deem Harry Potter belongs in the Family and Children's section and it's highly overrated. Face the facts I made the first post and respect my damn choices. The films and books will never be owned by me. The first film bored me to tears and the second was only seen in theatres due to a commitment. So no I obviously don't share your overenthusiasm for that overrated and overpopular series. In fact, here's a link and image which shares my sentiments:

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Harry_Potter

Animootedspoiler.gif

The Lord of the Rings was highly more deserving to be adapted into a film of which the book has been around for a few decades. Harry Potter is just riding on its popularity. In a couple decades from now, The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit along with all of other J.R.R. Tolkiens books will be highly remembered compared to Rowlings. Harry Potter as I've mentioned is more kiddie-safe and The Lord of the Rings is far more epic and high fantasy. And besides, The Lord of the Rings is true fantasy and not where it takes place on contemporary Earth...
Now what sort of novel will she write after the last Harry Potter film, hmmm? I hope she writes a War story. World War I, World War II where there're guns and soldiers. None of this kiddy tripe which has plagued my store.
Speaking of my store, we refuse to buy, sell or trade any film which is Pan and Scan. If we ever do get any in, we do a 20% mark-up on the MSRP for P&S while we keep the OAR at a nice affordable one. We also don't carry bootlegs or anything released by Tai Seng. Also, we have an import section. Actually, we have certain labels on the cellophane/shrinkwrap denoting which Region the title is and whether it's in NTSC or PAL. We even have a placard where we say be sure to have a multi-region DVD player for other Region purposes. We also carry Laserdiscs, HDDVD's and Blu-ray's.
Eh, business can be laxing but some customers can be interesting.:p

The Drifter

I like:

Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
Return of the King
Conan the Barbarian
Kull
Jason and the Argonauts
Krull
Excalibur
Clash of the Titans
Legend
Willow
Neverending Story
DragonHeart

I know that there is more that I am forgetting

fixer79

Montana_Jones said:
I SAID NO HARRY POTTER DAMM!T!:mad: Sh!t's only from 1997. The books...:rolleyes: In my store we put it in the Family section. It stays the hell away from Fantasy in my shop.

A bookstore owner who dislikes Harry Potter.
If you think you've seen it all...

By the way, placing that spoiler GIF was not very mature nor respectful to the ones who do appreciate Harry Potter...

agentsands77

As far as recent films go, PAN'S LABYRINTH demands a mention. It's a breathtaking, beautiful work of fantasy filmmaking that puts most fantasy work to shame.

And for a classic, there's the wonderful BEAUTY AND THE BEAST by Cocteau.

muttjones

what categorizes fantasy?? there are many things.

Anything is technically fantasy if it is made up and is far away from the possibilities of reality.

but space films are widely recognised as nonfantasy films yet they are technically fantasy.

Montana_Jones

fixer79 said:
A bookstore owner who dislikes Harry Potter.
If you think you've seen it all...

By the way, placing that spoiler GIF was not very mature nor respectful to the ones who do appreciate Harry Potter...
I'm actually a CD, DVD, HDDVD, Blu-ray, Laserdisc, LP and etc. store owner. Never said I sold books.
Of course I have every right to overcharge for Pan and Scan titles. Of course we have stickers for alot of things.