XM Radio's Cinemagic channel

StoneTriple

For those of you not familiar with it, Cinemagic is an XM channel devoted to film scores. The format is 3 or 4 pieces from a film's soundtrack, with 20 or 30-second-long audio clips in between.

Playing as I type this...

The dialogue from the entire ark explanation scene in Raiders. Followed by the music from when they open the ark.

Yesterday was Temple Of Doom.

:hat:

indyclone25

i wish they would add that channel to the music on demand on comcast --- cause isnrt that xm on direct tv also?

Michael24

I love Cinemagic. It's the first preset on my XM. Even though I have all the Indy soundtracks, I requested "The Desert Chase" soon after I got my XM to see how well requests worked, and it was played the next afternoon. I even got an email back telling me what two time it would be played! (y)

StoneTriple

Michael24 said:
I requested "The Desert Chase" soon after I got my XM to see how well requests worked, and it was played the next afternoon. I even got an email back telling me what two time it would be played! (y)

XM is very good about listening to, and communicating with, their customers. I've emailed a few times over the years and always receive detailed, personal responses.

Michael24

Yeah, I love my XM, though it seems boring on the weekends sometimes, especially Sunday. I really want to take part in the '80s Personal Playlist, but I'd like to catch an airing to hear what it's like before I submit my stuff for it. I don't like the idea of recording myself over the phone to play my soundbytes on the air, but I like the idea of being able to choose the songs for an hour or so. (y)