What's everyone reading?

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
I regret my glibness a bit now that I've finished the novel...Edith Wharton is truly incredible. One of the most compelling and insightful books I can recall reading.

Would have been an interesting concept if one of Indy's old flames really had written an account from their perspective!

However, a "compelling and insightful" book has far greater value, and deeper resonance. On your recommendation, I've just downloaed the text from Gutenberg.

Chicago Jones

I'm currently in my comic book phase again and I am reading a bunch of Green Hornet. But I am also reading Monster Of Florence.

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm reading J.D. Salingers review of Raiders of the Lost Ark, he didn't like it.

Quote:
?Have seen no good movies, except The Last Metro?I got hooked into seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark, which might be excused for its unwitty, unfunny awful socko-ness if it had been put together by Harvard Lampoon seniors?

Then again his job in the War was interviewing Nazi deserters and sympathizers...

"You take somebody that cries their goddam eyes out over phoney stuff in the movies, and nine times out of ten they're mean bastards at heart."

- The Catcher in the Rye

Indysolo12

ResidentAlien said:
What's everyone reading/ planning to read in the near future?

I just finished Arthur Clarke's Songs of Distant Earth the other day. Now I'm halfway through Wells' The Time Machine.

I just bought:

Crash by J.G. Ballard which I'll probably start tonight if I finish Time Machine.
2001: A Space Odyssey (Arthur Clarke Again)
Childhood's End (More Clarke)

I've also been off-and-on reading this fantastic text book called The Story of Film by Mark Cousins. Nice juicy coffee table-***-academic book chronicling 100 years of innovation within world cinema told in a narrative fashion. Loving it.

And on top of that... I've been reading A LOT of R Crumb comics recently. Big Ass Comics, Bible of Filth, various Fritz the Cat comics (though I most adored Fritz Bugs Out which was adapted into a feature film simply titled "Fritz the Cat"), etc. (y)

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Caidanbi

What are you reading right now?

Didn't notice a thread like this anywhere (if there is one, please delete this), so I thought I'd start one. What books are you reading right now?

I'm reading "The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon". So far it's interesting, but kind of gross. lol But I'll reserve judgement until I finish it, if it gets more interesting then it will be worthwhile.