Igor Jijikine - new cast member

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Igor Jijkine, who became famous with his part as Thug #1 on the no awards winning tv-show Robbery Homicide Division is now an official part of the cast as well.
They dropped his name among the already known names in the latest press release.

Seriously...his look is quite intimidating. To see that, though, you have to enlarge his imdb head shot. The small version just makes him look like Shia's ordinary love interest.

Kingsley

100454.jpg

Could he be the new Pat Roach?

Russian character, almost without doubts...

I was thinking... Fidel Castro and company came after 1957, so the soviets will be very far from home if they join the aventure in central/southamerican jungle.

Doc Savage

Kingsley said:
100454.jpg

Could he be the new Pat Roach?
I was thinking the same thing, although I don't think Mr. Roach can be replaced...:(

Either way, he looks rather menacing...I look forward to seeing how they play him off...

Katarn07

He's definitely gonna fill the shoes of Pat Roach and go one on one with one of the heroes.... hopefully Indy! I don't feel Roach is irreplaceable. For us die hard Indy fans, it'll be noticeable he's not in there, but remember that casual movie goers won't even have noticed that both the mechanic and thuggee were the same actor, let alone notice his brief cameo as Vogel's assistant.

Doc Savage

Katarn07 said:
For us die hard Indy fans, it'll be noticeable he's not in there, but remember that casual movie goers won't even have noticed that both the mechanic and thuggee were the same actor, let alone notice his brief cameo as Vogel's assistant.
You're right...darn Philistines.

Katarn07

VP said:
And the gong beater and the gestapo guy.

These are new to me. Which "Gestapo Guy" is he? In the Cairo scenes of Raiders? I don't remember a buff guy anywhere in those scenes....

Finn

Staff member
Katarn07 said:
These are new to me. Which "Gestapo Guy" is he? In the Cairo scenes of Raiders? I don't remember a buff guy anywhere in those scenes....
I think he refers to the fellow at LC's zeppelin scene (the one you already mentioned).

The gong beater, obviously, is from the beginning of ToD.

Katarn07

I just learned he appeared 3 times in TOD, so a total of 6 times in the series. He was the assassin in Indy's room that he hangs with his whip.... or so says Wikipedia. Can anyone confirm that?

Montana Smith

I decided to have another go at watching Season 1 of Alias. (I gave up before, but I got myself hooked on TV series again).

Episodes 12 and 13 ("The Box" pts 1 & 2, aired 2002) not only came with the surprise inclusion of a psycho Quentin Tarantino (no surprise he was playing a psycho), but also Igor Jijikine as Chopper, one of his henchmen.

imagesCAGKCOWL.jpg

He has big hands. No wonder Indy was almost throttled on the rocket sled.