Mission: Impossible 4-6

TheFirebird1

Saw it yesterday, absolutely loved it. It's probably-and this is no joke-one of the best action movies ever made. The fight scenes were incredible, and when coupled with some fantastic performances (especially by Cruise and Cavill) and beautiful cinematography, it made a great, fun, and exciting film. There was only one awkward scene, and it didn't really taint my perception of the film at all.
I think this is one of them that you have to see in theaters for a certain effect, rather than on the small screen. Standard is fine, 3D (which I saw it in) didn't really add too much to it, but it's cool if you want a gimmicky sort of effect on it. IMAX will probably help you enjoy it a bit more, though, if I may speak from prior experience.

JasonMa

I thought it was great as well, though the final act was stretch a bit too much so it didn't quite stick the landing. Still probably the best in the series.

TheFedora

TheFirebird1 said:
Saw it yesterday, absolutely loved it. It's probably-and this is no joke-one of the best action movies ever made. The fight scenes were incredible, and when coupled with some fantastic performances (especially by Cruise and Cavill) and beautiful cinematography, it made a great, fun, and exciting film. There was only one awkward scene, and it didn't really taint my perception of the film at all.
I think this is one of them that you have to see in theaters for a certain effect, rather than on the small screen. Standard is fine, 3D (which I saw it in) didn't really add too much to it, but it's cool if you want a gimmicky sort of effect on it. IMAX will probably help you enjoy it a bit more, though, if I may speak from prior experience.

Very much agree with this. I think that this franchise shows no signs of slowing down...even after six movies. Pretty impressed that for a sixth installment, it did not slack in quality or writing. Yes, I can see this being something I might own on dvd eventually.