Anyone here actully good with a whip?

Nurhachi1991

I got my first real bullwhip when I was 9 years old and I used to play with it in the backyard even broke my wrist trying to swing from a branch........ Anyways I still have the whip and In the last couple of years I started using it again and I must say I'm not half bad I can do quite a bit from the overhead crack to whiping on to objects fairly well.

Are any of you skilled with a whip?

EyesofMara

not me :(. Well I couldn't say for sure, I've never used one. I'd buy one at Disneyland but those suckers are like 60 bucks!

QBComics

I'm starting to learn. :) I actually latched on to a bike and it stuck, so that just says that I need to practice. I can't wait once I get really good! :whip:

Nurhachi1991

Yeah I can get the crack to near gunshot when I do it correct. I even have a few scars on my arm from when the whip snaped right on my forearm breaking the skin...... That is why Indy wears a Jacket!

Eric Solo

I'm pretty good with my David Morgan whip. I can do the forward crack pretty loud. I can do the overhead crack best. sidearm is difficult to do without whipping yourself in the back of the leg. One of these days I'll put a tutorial video up on youtube...:whip: The neighbors aren't crazy about the noise....;(

LostArk

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah I can get the crack to near gunshot when I do it correct. I even have a few scars on my arm from when the whip snaped right on my forearm breaking the skin...... That is why Indy wears a Jacket!

Any scars are your chin?

DocWhiskey

I'm pretty decent with a whip. I learned a few weeks back how to "disarm" someone with a whip....and almost hyper extended my friend's wrist in the making lol.

|ZiR|

I want to learn but I feel like I already have too many useless skills I'll never need as it is.

Neither juggling or baton twirling have ever come in handy in my everyday life, nor aided me in gettin' wi' t'ladies.

Whips are cool, though. I support any whip related activities. :cool:

Eric Solo

LostArk said:
Any scars are your chin?
I almost ripped off my right ear with a whip trying to do a forward crack (or it felt like it anyway).so, if you are practicing with a whip try wearing a motorcycle helmet or at least earmuffs and glasses until you get the hang of it.

Nurhachi1991

Eric Solo said:
I almost ripped off my right ear with a whip trying to do a forward crack (or it felt like it anyway).so, if you are practicing with a whip try wearing a motorcycle helmet or at least earmuffs and glasses until you get the hang of it.

Wish someone would of told me that when I started out my mom just gave me sun glasses to wear :dead:

Whipper

Nurhachi1991 said:
Wish someone would of told me that when I started out my mom just gave me sun glasses to wear :dead:

Chorus: "You'll whip your eye out, you'll whip your eye out!" :D

I was pretty good with a whip, in that I could hit targets and wrap limbs and smoothly crack it in the air without scarring myself. But I had my grandpa to show me how to do that.

I haven't swung a whip in probably 10 years or more, though, since the very old whip I had pretty much fell apart. Haven't gotten a new one yet, I've spent more time looking at hats. Still, I figure it's like riding a bike and that I'll remember how to do it, once I have a whip in hand again.

QBComics

Heh, I was messing aroung with it today on a tree and wrapped it around and swung a couple of times. One time I swung halfway through and the Whip let loose and fell flat on my *** :)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I got to crack a whip recently at the premiere that I won tickets too. They had a guy dressed as Indy there and he gave turns to random people with the whip. I got to have the last turn and he was pretty damn impressed. He certainly got a kick out of me cracking the whip.

Apparently I'm good with one. :whip:

loganbush

Hey is there a good, cheap whip I can find. Like 50 bucks or something. It doesn't need to be amazing but I'd like a nicer whip.