Bazooka and other heavy ordnance - Empire magazine photos

Mike Dowswell

Ok, so here we go again. The production stills (well SOME of them) are awfully bright and the light is evenly spread over the whole thing with not much shadow. They?re also digital, which means they are terribly terribly sharp...and this of course is subjective in wiether you like that look or not...Mr Spielberg himself doesn?t like that look. And I am also not so keen, so I?ve done another manipulation here, added film grain and made it a bit more contrasty.

RPG2.jpg

It may be a bit too contrasy and too cold, might have a fiddle about with it further. :)

NileQT87

that's probably a daylight scene like the truck chase and the tank chase. both were under the bright sun.

i'd argue this scene will be a bright one, whereas the indoor temple scenes will be darker.

Deckard

trippweeder said:
If you click on the interactive magazine slot and go about four or five pages in, you'll see Natalie Portman in all her Superfox glory. I wish she had been Indy's daughter.

Am I the only person who doesnt find Natalie Portman remotely attractive? She just doesn't do it for me.

Very cool pic, I can't imagine the context of taht scene but it looks funny in a good way.

Mike Dowswell

Well the thing is that...(and its all still a bit out of context) but when your driving in the forest / jungle, its quite dark, the window behind marion is showing that it's quite built up with jungle.

I've put in more green on this one below, previous one was a tad too blue.

RPG3.jpg

---

spiralout

Indiana Jones movies have many warm colors, not cold colors. That look is wrong. This isn't Minority Report.

trippweeder

Deckard said:
Am I the only person who doesnt find Natalie Portman remotely attractive? She just doesn't do it for me.

Very cool pic, I can't imagine the context of taht scene but it looks funny in a good way.

She gets those contrasting views from men. Some like her, some don't, but I've always found her attractive - even as a baldie.

Mike Dowswell

One more...lol

RPG4.jpg

I want to state that this is just a little bit of fun...if anybody else is enjoying it then thats great. I know that Speilberg wont be digitally grading this film, and I know that this isn't Minority Report. I do NOT want this film to look like Minority Report or Lord of the Rings...because that would be very unfaithful to the previous three, but what I will state is that some of these production stills are awfullly sharp and awfully blasted with light, almost like the photographer has used a flash.

Deckard

effin said:
that bazooka strap shouldn't be green!!! what a dissapointment.

Uhh why? Its O.D. Olive Drab your standard Military in the Jungle color. And its not a Bazooka its an RPG...

Deckard

This is what a Bazooka looks like:

bazooka.jpg

Note the Rocket itself is not exposed, it would be housed in the actual tube. It is loaded into the rear as opposed to affixed to the front.

The Russians would not be using WWII American tech.

Dr.Sartorius

Why isn't Indy driving the truck? Hmmm....this doesn't bode well for the movie. This film will be a disaster. And Indy's fedora is too brown.

NileQT87

indyzi9.jpg

here's a more indy-like film look. indy always looks very warm. also--this isn't a night scene. it might be in a jungle and have shadows, but we aren't talking night-vision. a lot of indy is in the daylight and they never wash out the colors. last crusade does have a soft glow, however.

Indyologist

You go with your big bad bazooka Indy baby! Looks about as good as the rocket launcher in Raiders. Can't wait to see what he's going to totally waste with that puppy!