Raiders shot-by-shot remake

Lon

Aint It Cool News posted a review of a remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark that some teenagers made. It's actually being screened this weekend (May 31) in Austin, Texas. There is also a small trailer for the film at the bottom of the review. Man I hope this film finds it's way online or DVD. I'd love to see this.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15348

00Kevin

Indyfan
wow that sucked.........I wasn't too impressed, terrible choice of music to mix with indy, poor acting....bad facial expressions....if they came up with an origonal story, perhaps I'ld pay attention, but they seem to be makeing a good film bad..........

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not too excited about it

Lon

Of course it sucks. It's a fan film. You reading too much into it. Remember they were 10 when they started making it.

swords

Is it a parody, that kid's facial looks shocking. The music sounds pretty cool, too bad its not in the actual film as was mentioned.

And what was up with the Blair Witch riff at the beginning?:D In 1982 kids filmed an unauthorized remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and they were never found again until they were 18.
Or something like that.

Maybe I can find this on Kazaa...

This is hilarious! I know that I certainly wished that I could do something like this when I was a kid, and it's amazing that anyone that age could pull it off, even if it did take eight years! I hope a copy of the full movie finds its way online. Knowing the nature of the internet, and the geeks that spend their entire lives on the internet (like me), it'll probably be out there sooner or later. If anyone finds it, tell us!

Indy Smith

How can you tell the acting was terrible kevin if all we saw was a snappy montage. Ok, the music didn't mix well with Indy, but I still liked the music and I was surprised to see that big boulder chasing him.

Is it just me, or does the writer of that article have a thing for saying the s-word? :p Anyway, I wish I was in that area. That sounds pretty cool. I would especially like to see how they pulled off the Ark opening scene!

Indy Smith

I was wondering that too Ben! How the hell did they pull off the Ark Opening scene as well. You think their should be a petition or something to try and get it released on DVD or The net?

torao

Moderator Emeritus
harry mentioned that the music of the trailer has nothing to do with the actual music used in the film. i think it`s just wonderful to see what power those great and fantastic films can spread. those guys spend their whole youth to do this remake....woooow....

Indy Smith

lol, the way you're saying that mate, it's as if it was remade by modern day film makers in a similar vein as Ocean's Eleven. It was a bunch of kids who did it in the 80's for personal fun and satisfaction, and not fortune and glory.