G.I. Joe

fixer79

Michael24 said:
I'd never even seen the toys. I'd seen some images on-line, but that's about it.

Just found a brand new interview with producer Lorenzo di Bonaventure in which he talks a lot about the film. Got me a little more excited. (y)

If I'm not mistaken I've seen the Sigma 6 toys in a store in Brussels...

Thanks for the interview with Lorenzo di Bonaventure! It all sounds pretty good :)

-Jones-

New photos:

temp452aa0.jpg

temp454zn3.jpg
- she's hot ;]

temp456rv9.jpg

temp458vk9.jpg

Michael24

I've loving Heavy Duty and especially Baroness. (y)

A picture of Destro has also surfaced, but it must be early-Destro, because he's simply dressed in a snazzy business suit and has no metal mask. But we know Destro will have his trademark mask, so they must be keeping that for a later reveal.

|ZiR|

-Jones- said:
New photos:

Damn, Dennis Quaid's looking unusually hot as Hawk. I think I might have to see this now, what with Quaid, Channing Tatum, and Sienna Miller in the cast.

Michael24

I don't know how long they'll be up until Paramount finds them, but if you go to the following link, you can see footage of some wicked car stunts that were recently filmed in the streets of Prague. (Just ignore the crappy music playing over the videos.)

http://www.hisstank.com/

Michael24

More new pictures from the Prague set.

This vehicle is rumored to be called either a Grizzly or a Brawler. It's likely a Cobra vehicle,
as a previous picture showed Baroness and Storm Shadow inside with Snake-Eyes
piercing the roof with his sword.

Michael24

Oh, yeah, definitely. I think Snake-Eyes and Baroness are the best- and most accurate-looking
characters in the film so far. Though the others' suits have grown on me, I still kinda wish they
had stayed more accurate to their original counterparts. I've always loved Duke's outfit, with
the green khakis, tan long-sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and the bandoleer over his
shoulder.

I'm very curious (and a bit worried) about what they do with Cobra Commander, but he may be
one of the last characters we see revealed in all these photos. Maybe at ComicCon this year.

sandiegojones

These pics are great! I'm really stoked for this. G.I. Joe was my second favorite cartoon when I was a kid, but I had more Joe toys than anything else. This looks pretty good, but I'm not sure why Duke and Scarlet are dressed like Batman in some pics. I hope they have regular fatigues for most of the film. Can't wait to see Destro and Cobra Commander!!!!

Michael24

It's been revealed that the Joes will have a few different outfits they wear during the course of the film, so I do hope we get to see some of the classic outfits for Duke and others perhaps early in the film. As simplistic a design as it is, I've just always loved Duke's get-up with the green pants, tan shirt with rolled up sleeves, and bandoleer. :)

Michael24

Cool poster, though I'm not sure about that "Rise of Cobra" subtitle.
I wonder if that's the final title. Personally, I'd prefer just G.I. Joe
for the first film.

EDIT: That poster was revealed at an event in Amsterdan, so perhaps
that will be the overseas title of the film. Though apparently Hasbro has
registered a GIJoeRiseofCobra.com domain name, so that may be the
official title after all. Hmmm...

fixer79

Michael24 said:
Cool poster, though I'm not sure about that "Rise of Cobra" subtitle.
I wonder if that's the final title. Personally, I'd prefer just G.I. Joe
for the first film.

EDIT: That poster was revealed at an event in Amsterdan, so perhaps
that will be the overseas title of the film. Though apparently Hasbro has
registered a GIJoeRiseofCobra.com domain name, so that may be the
official title after all. Hmmm...

I fear that 'Rise of Cobra' will be the definitive title, Michael...
It's extremely rare that there's such a thing as an overseas title out here. The only thing that mostly happens is that the title gets translated for countries such as France, Germany, Spain and what have ya... But I don't think that'll apply to G.I. Joe. :)
The only time that an American movie actually got a different title apart from a translation out here was the latest Rambo chapter. 'Rambo' was released as 'John Rambo' here.
Quite frankly, it was a change I could understand...

Anyway, I agree... I would've preferred that the movie would simply be called 'G.I. Joe'... I don't necessarily have something against subtitles, but I do feel that the word 'Rise' has been overused in movie and game titles lately...
Oh well... We'd better get used to it...

Unless they end up changing the title at the last minute. That's happened to 'Rambo' a couple of times... And if I'm not mistaken one of those titles also had 'Cobra' it...
:)

Michael24

Yeah, and also because it makes it sound like the focus will be more on Cobra than the
Joes. As a nod to the original mini-series, they should leave the first film as G.I. JOE,
with the sequel being G.I. JOE: THE REVENGE OF COBRA. :D

Title changes aren't too uncommon it seems. LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD was released as DIE HARD 4.0
in some places overseas as well. I remember reading that RAMBO was changed to JOHN RAMBO for
some counties because the first film, FIRST BLOOD, had been released as RAMBO in some territories.
Man, it'd be nice if every movie could just have the same title everywhere. :)

fixer79

Michael24 said:
LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD was released as DIE HARD 4.0
in some places overseas as well. I remember reading that RAMBO was changed to JOHN RAMBO for
some counties because the first film, FIRST BLOOD, had been released as RAMBO in some territories.
Man, it'd be nice if every movie could just have the same title everywhere. :)

Oh riiiight... You're absolutely right, 'Live Free or Die Hard' was released as 'Die Hard 4.0' out here...

I can understand why 'Rambo' became 'John Rambo' out here... Not only was 'First Blood' renamed 'Rambo' in some countries like you said, but 'Rambo' is also the main title of the second movie... 'Rambo: First Blood Part Two'
Rebaptizing the new chapter into 'John Rambo' is a lot clearer in my opinion...

What they could do is name the next one Rambo II, since at least that's a title that's never been used in the saga.

Anyway... Back to G.I. Joe...

Baroness and Snake Eyes posters!

http://www.film1.nl/blog/photospecial.php?id=58&page=2

http://www.film1.nl/blog/photospecial.php?id=58&page=1

:)

Last edited:

fixer79

Seems awfully quiet around the Joe movie...

HissTank.com has shown a picture of the guy who'll be playing the Hard Master a while back, but that's pretty much it...

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news...-the-hard-master-in-gi-joerise-of-cobra-7775/

You'll agree it's not very reassuring. He looks like he's come out of that upcoming Dragon Ball movie...

I hope some reassuring material will turn up soon. Isn't it about time to release a first teaser or something?

God, I hope this film won't be a complete disaster... :eek: