Best Indy Fanfilm?

TrentPraeger

Thanks for everyone chipping in on uncovering some of the best IJ fan films. The hunt continues, and I hope that someone is out there producing a big and brawny new IJ fan film soon (but, it always helps to have some other fan films to watch while we wait, right?).

Fortune and Glory.:whip:

lao che & sons

TrentPraeger said:
Thanks for everyone chipping in on uncovering some of the best IJ fan films. The hunt continues, and I hope that someone is out there producing a big and brawny new IJ fan film soon (but, it always helps to have some other fan films to watch while we wait, right?).

Fortune and Glory.:whip:

well there is one coming from Hemble. BUt it's been put on hiatus for a moment while he finishes up some pieces. However a first draft of the screenplay has been written and hopefully we can get he picture back on track :whip:

TrentPraeger

lao che & sons said:
well there is one coming from Hemble. BUt it's been put on hiatus for a moment while he finishes up some pieces. However a first draft of the screenplay has been written and hopefully we can get he picture back on track :whip:

Got a link?

col.dietrich

I seem to think that determining the "best Indy fan film", is not a good idea, because then it just will become competative. the important thing is, is that most of us put a lot of effort into our films, and the fact that we enjoyed
the making of our films are the most important things, in my opinion....:rolleyes:

Lance Quazar

Glurrk said:
Speaking of Templars, they received the dubious honor of making a Top Ten list of fan films that will (probably) never get finished.

Click Here to read the list.

That's pretty sad.

I remember reading about a Dungeons & Dragons fan film (based on the cartoon). They filmed an entire episode live action (stupidly, in my opinion, they just adapted an existing show instead of writing their own.)

After all the filming, the producers announced they would never actually get around to editing it. What a slap in the face to everyone who worked on it!

At this point, I'm sure "Templars" will never see completion

Too bad, it looked like it had some potential despite - and I don't want to sound catty, cruel or mean - the fact that the scrawny Indy actor was laughably ill-suited for the role.

emtiem

Snakes said:
I think that Indiana Jones is inherently nearly impossible to make a great fanfilm about. Many times have I considered making an Indiana Jones fanfilm, but there's a few things that I personally need to have in an Indy movie, all of which are incredibly hard to do. Firstly, is Indy himself, who I think is totally dependent on Harrison Ford playing him. Anyone else just doesn't feel right. Another is the overall production, things like lost cities, chase scenes, explosions and the like. These kinds of things, which are a huge part of the movies, are very difficult to achieve without a huge budget. While Ive seen some people get some elements right, I don't think anyone has done everything right to make a truly great Indy fanfilm. Not to say they haven't tried, and some have gotten pretty darn close. The best Ive seen are Fran Casanova's. His really captured the feeling of Indy, and I'd love to see what he could do with more resources.

Yeah; I'd actually like to hear more Indy audio plays made- I think that's possibly the area that fans could produce something more on a par with the originals. With some clever sound design and obviously the right music (!) it could be just as polished as the movies, just in a different way, and we'd all be able to imagine the visuals as expensively as fanfilms can't do them! :) Plus it'd mean focusing on the script and coming up with some witty stuff, which would be a good place for fanfilmmakers to concentrate on.