Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 09-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #6226
JasonMa
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Congrats on your "Temple of Yearning" acquisition. It's rare and every Indy "literature" fan deserves to own a copy. (Thankfully, I acquired one through the benevolence of a fellow Ravenhead!)
Thanks, went to eBay one day just to look at it turns out Time Warp comics up the 36 from me in Boulder was selling a copy for $4.50 and agreed to hold it at the store so I could pick it up without charging shipping. Fun story.
JasonMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #6227
Golddragon71
IndyFan

Sky Pirates Soundtrack

Last month for my birthday, I got the soundtrack for Sky Pirates
A movie set in August of 1945, Sky Pirates follows the misadventures of Australian Flight Lt Harris (played by John Hargreaves)
Words don’t really do the film justice. I used to rent it all the time at Blockbuster in the early 90’s. I just found it complete on YouTube the other day
Check it out
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMlMDjRg5
Golddragon71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #6228
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddragon71
Last month for my birthday, I got the soundtrack for Sky Pirates
A movie set in August of 1945, Sky Pirates follows the misadventures of Australian Flight Lt Harris (played by John Hargreaves)
Words don’t really do the film justice. I used to rent it all the time at Blockbuster in the early 90’s.
WOW, man, another "Sky Pirates" fan?!?

Can't believe a soundtrack was released for such an obscure film. Is it on an Australian label?

I remember when the movie came out in '86 but never got around to seeing it at the cinema so I also ended up renting it often during the very late '80s & early '90s (as "Dakota Harris and the Sky Pirates")!!! Those VHS tapes of it were always poor prints with a cropped picture so I've been trying to find a decent copy for decades now. This will be my first time seeing it properly in full widescreen!!! Can't THANK YOU enough, Golddragon!!!

Perhaps this conversation should be moved over here:
Sky Pirates(1986)
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #6229
Golddragon71
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
WOW, man, another "Sky Pirates" fan?!?

Can't believe a soundtrack was released for such an obscure film. Is it on an Australian label?

I remember when the movie came out in '86 but never got around to seeing it at the cinema so I also ended up renting it often during the very late '80s & early '90s (as "Dakota Harris and the Sky Pirates")!!! Those VHS tapes of it were always poor prints with a cropped picture so I've been trying to find a decent copy for decades now. This will be my first time seeing it properly in full widescreen!!! Can't THANK YOU enough, Golddragon!!!

Perhaps this conversation should be moved over here:
Sky Pirates(1986)

Moved my follow-up reply there, thanks!
Golddragon71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #6230
TheFedora
IndyFan

Thought I'd like to share some of my new acquisitions. I got a lot more Indy Pins since my last post:

TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote