Hats off to Shia

eroc

Mutt rocked Daddy-o! Hey, he took charge at times. Indy was older, more reserved. Shall I say, wiser? When Mutt punched out the Russians, the group all started running, and Indy said, "What are you doing?" Mutt replied, "Somebody had to do something." So true, so true.(y)

Mutt gets 5 out of 5 stars!!!

Indy fan 235

Mutt was great. As a character he was interesting and made for a good sidekick. Shia and Harrison worked well together, their chemistry was great. I would definitely like to see Mutt in another Indy film.

robweiner8

I was pleasantly surprised with Shia's performance. He fit the character perfectly. Not sure I want more movies with him, but he was really good in this one. Favorite line of his (and in the movie) was "Oh, its just a thing."

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I wasn't surprised as I always thought Shia would do really well in this film, I guess being a Shia lover, seems it paid off. Mutt was a really awesome character, he fitted into the Jones family. (y)

Vendetta08

Mutt was awesome, and mostly he was a good supporting character. Fortunately, he did not outshine Indy because some people were specking that Shia would have just as much screen time and action scenes as Harrison would.

blondeheroine

Shia is extremely talented and in films where it would be easy for him to disappear or even look goofy, he has done exceptionally well.

It would have been easy for him to have disappeared among all the Transformers in the Transformers film, but he did amazingly well. It was seeing him in that film that made me believe he would do well in this one.

And, as I love to point out when the occasion occurs, I was right. Hee.

Geronimo45

Anybody else pleasantly surprised that Mutt wasn't the irritating little twat many of us feared he might be?
Absolutely. So many ways the character could've been lousy... but we didn't see that. Ended up liking the character quite a bit.

~KAT~

Wow... I can't believe I'm saying this.... but... *coughs it out* I think Shia MIGHT have been better than Harrison in this one. Don't get me wrong, I love Harrison. But I thought Shia did a little better in this one...

He did a great job, he was very funny! :hat:

HebrewsThought

~KAT~ said:
Wow... I can't believe I'm saying this.... but... *coughs it out* I think Shia MIGHT have been better than Harrison in this one. Don't get me wrong, I love Harrison. But I thought Shia did a little better in this one...

He did a great job, he was very funny! :hat:

Aww hell naw!(n)

Aggie Crusade

UKIndyFan said:
Absolutely love Shia...usually. He was just annoying in this movie. He was like Willie Scott but just not funny.

I disagree; I felt that he's pretty far removed from Willie Scott. He was willing to take things into his own hands, something Willie would never do.

IndyMac

Just saw it

Well, I just saw the film and I have to agree...with both arguements. Firstly, Shia did a better job than I thought he'd do. He was capable of not being annoying. The worst part about him, was that his character was totally expendable to the movie, and would neither have lost, nor gaines anything with him. Plus, he had the worst cgi moments in the film, and the most ludicrous action sequences. Yes, the movies can be silly, but holy cow, they took it way far for this. The sword duel, was laughable...And then there's the tarzan swinging.... The movie around it. Great entertainment. Those two moments though....Wow.

No Ticket

The monkey scene was stupid... but Shia did a good job, but I like him and expected that in the first place. If anything, I felt that he actually didn't have enough to say at times.

Dr. HenryJones.jr

No Ticket said:
The monkey scene was stupid... but Shia did a good job, but I like him and expected that in the first place. If anything, I felt that he actually didn't have enough to say at times.

they did not understand, why is the stupid scenes of monkey? this like who with hairs, funny and Shia is cool.

because Indy wants to catch him but too late Mutt is up from the tree in higher floor, how does Mutt jump down??? leg can break... easy is save for the monkey tree lived... what did they think?? Can Mutt jump down on the floor?? very less lower, ouch!!!! if Mutt can to get the whips, unlucky he has not...

but ant scenes I hated that and gave me the goosebooms, feeling vomit :sick: , too funny ants steal the hat *lol* cool...
and stupid the crystal of skull !
more adventure, more looking the archaelogy location, few whips :(

fixer79

Shia pulled it off beautifully, in my opinion. He wasn't overwhelmed on screen by Ford.
He IS a good actor, whether people like him or not. I already noticed that in Transformers.