Has Harrison, dare I say, become rusty?

Perhilion

I think he was supposed to sound like that in the beginning because he obviously hates Russians and he was trying to act tough, while knowing that he was in trouble.

Perhilion said:
I think he was supposed to sound like that in the beginning because he obviously hates Russians and he was trying to act tough, while knowing that he was in trouble.

Sounded like the Ruskies captured him and Mac at the bar.

Mike00spy

Agent Spalko said:
He's slow on his responses almost like he's exhibiting the early signs of Alzheimers. I guess smoking all that pot has really fried his brain.

I'd like to see how well you will be holding up at 65 years old. Does it make you feel better to hate on everyhting? Maybe it makes you feel bigger?

Grailseeker

To my quick research....spalko's been just randomly degrading things throughout this message board, that half the time are purely irrelevant...

motifone

Grailseeker said:
Seriously, if you really think Indiana friggin Jones (Harrison Ford) sounded too "growly" you need to leave this message board, power down your computer, go out into the street and ask someone to punch you in the face. I'll then send you two dollars in the mail for a bag of ice.

Fanboys can QQ over this movie, I sure am, but why go as low as the only thing that made this film an Indiana Jones film...Harrison Ford.

He's twenty years older...don't think you can compare him to 20 years ago...

That's what us fanboys call...HATERS

Essh, Grail -- inhale, exhale. :) Civil, remember? As much as I thought he was "off" in parts of this film, and no matter how much I may not have really enjoyed this new film, I'm not one to say it now reflects poorly on the past 3 films. I still hold the originals in the highest regard.

Do you want me to mince words and lie? Say I thought Harrison was awesome in this? Sorry. To me, the younger actors in this film were more natural than the old guard. I don't think any of us really need to quibble about who's really a fan and who's not. We all have warm and fuzzy memories.

I made an observation. Something was "off" in the beginning especially. Maybe they had to redub the lines.

Seaner

Crusade>Raiders said:
Indy was still Indy to me(albeit twenty years older of course), but Marion was kinda odd in this one.
yeah id agree. but indy at some parts seemed not anything like the character and other parts it felt like he was spot on.

Grailseeker said:
To my quick research....spalko's been just randomly degrading things throughout this message board, that half the time are purely irrelevant...

It's my cathartic release. KOTCS is my new cinematic punching bag.

Grailseeker

Oh I wasn't spazzing, I just don't get that every thread anyone posts around here, Agent Spalko just keeps bashing for no reason...ill delete me last post.

sry :)

motifone

Grailseeker said:
Oh I wasn't spazzing, I just don't get that every thread anyone posts around here, Agent Spalko just keeps bashing for no reason...ill delete me last post.

sry :)

Grailseeker. You're a rare gent. Hats off to ya :) ... but not onto Shia. :)

HebrewsThought

I find it incredibly hilarious that Spalko took a username from the new film and yet has been spending her entire tenure here bashing the film, even a month before its release. (n)

ValenciaGrail

Perhilion said:
I got that, too. In the first part of the movie I was like "what?? what's wrong with him??". But later I think he got better. Some of his lines sounded like they were lifted from an old comic book, though.

Don't forget he had just come off Sodium Pentathol, so he was bound to sound a tad groggy at the beginning. That also would explain why he misjudged the distance to Spalko's jeep ("I though that was a lot closer")

'Course, he still DID have the juice to scamper across the crates, evade bullets, and swing on the whip in the first place. Just like sliding under a truck and tossing a Nazi through a windshield with a bullet in your shoulder...that part hasn't changed...

And, as others have observed, not only Harrison has aged 19 years, but Indy's character as well. Unless he really had found that Philospher's stone - and used it - he's going to look and sound older. A more gravelly, gritty voice is common with age.

If Indy had somehow looked mid-thirties and sprite 19 years later, we'd probably all be posting about how unrealistic it was, the makeup job on Ford, etc...etc...

It's good that his age shows in KOTCS. Indy may seem immortal, but he ages just like the rest of us.
(Well, since the "Grail crossing the seal" thing....)

SixKadamHigh

No

Harrison will never be rusty. The only time I doubted him was in K19: The Widowmaker

Spalko: And THIS Doctor Jones is for that accent you did in K19!!!

No Ticket

I don't know WHERE you guys are getting THIS from! Harrison Ford was OFF?! He played the character perfectly. Exactly where did it seem like he had been smoking pot and his responses were slow?

I think you guys are imagining things. Although I do they they dubbed over the opening with new or different lines, but I think they are still delivered by Mr. Ford.

As far as I'm concerned, the one thing the film did exactly right was the character of Indy himself. HE IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK DORKY IN THE SCENE WHERE HE MEETS MARION. He is so taken back by seeing her that he looks dopey. It's supposed to be funny. Why would he be doing the tough-guy act like he did in the bar in Raiders... he is at a point in his life where I'm sure he didn't think he'd see her again... by this time he was very happy and surprised to see her.

SixKadamHigh

No Ticket said:
I don't know WHERE you guys are getting THIS from! Harrison Ford was OFF?! He played the character perfectly. Exactly where did it seem like he had been smoking pot and his responses were slow?

I think you guys are imagining things. Although I do they they dubbed over the opening with new or different lines, but I think they are still delivered by Mr. Ford.

As far as I'm concerned, the one thing the film did exactly right was the character of Indy himself. HE IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK DORKY IN THE SCENE WHERE HE MEETS MARION. He is so taken back by seeing her that he looks dopey. It's supposed to be funny. Why would he be doing the tough-guy act like he did in the bar in Raiders... he is at a point in his life where I'm sure he didn't think he'd see her again... by this time he was very happy and surprised to see her.

Spot on.

I agree fully

ValenciaGrail

No Ticket said:

Well, NT, I think you and I have been peering into a skull too long... because we have paralell brain waves here...I agree almost to a word (y)

Harrison delivered his lines and exuded mannerisms according what the scenes dictated, IMO.

The hard hitting John Wayne bit at Hangar 51 fit that situation, and his nonplussed reaction to Marion is another perfect example.