Is he a sports fan?

T

tp2005

A silly question I admit, but it sparked some curiousity from me since I watched ToD and noticed Short Round's Mets hat. I always assumed that since Indy is from New Jersey he may have grown up a fan of the Mets and thus bought Shorty the hat.

Is there any further evidence of this in the novels, tv series, ect.?

metalinvader

Very much so,In regards to the TV series.He's seen playing baseball in Curse of the jackal/My first adventure,Teaching baseball to Jiddu Krishnamurti in Journey of Radiance,Trades his baseball cards with Tolstoy in Travels with Father,In Mystery of the Blues someone mentions a Yankee score though I forget who says it.

tupogirl

When he meets Charles DeGaulle, the other prisoners of war are trying to figure out if he is a spy or 'safe'. DeGaulle asks him who won the World Series in a particular year. Thus he is found out to be an American:). Great episode.

Baseball fan.

Indy fan 235

Avilos said:
The Mets did not exist until 1962....So it can not be a Mets Cap! ;)

Its a Yankee Cap.

I thought it was a Yankees hat too. I'm not a sports fan, but I always assumed it was a Yankees cap.

I'd imagine Indy was a sports fan growing up, when he had time to be that is.

Did any Extended Universe story reveal where Shorty got the cap from? Did Indy give it to him, or did he have it already when he met Indy? (Or for that matter, other than some of the Marvel comics and the Dark Horse Star Wars Tales where Indy meets Han Solo, is Shorty in any of the EU stuff?) I can just picture Indy and Shorty playing catch. A nice little thought. I always loved the interaction between him and Indy.

nezobiwan

Indy fan 235 said:
I can just picture Indy and Shorty playing catch. A nice little thought. I always loved the interaction between him and Indy.
They don't play catch.... they play poker! :p