Favorite Scene In Indiana Jones 4

Seaner

Mine would have to be the motorcyle chase with mutt and indiana its kind of short but it was one of the scenes that still had the indiana type action in it ;)

LostArk

gear guardian said:
The Atom Bomb test!

This scene had so much adrenalin.

Joking, obviously.

My favorite scene is the jungle chase scene. Explosions, vehicle jumping, sword fight, monkeys, driving at the edge of a cliff, killer ants, etc.

Gear

Yeah dude, I was serious.

C'mon. That scene was F*(KIN' awsome! The sheer panic Indy was feeling was palpable. In my head I was thinking "Oh my god! How is he gonna get out?!!?"

commontone

I also loved the Doom Town scene (actually, the whole opening 15-20 minutes). I wish I hadn't known about it beforehand; other people in the theater gasped when they realized what was happening. Still, it was well done. The mushroom cloud was great CGI in my opinion; looked very real and beautiful.

Nuclear weapons don't just explode and that's it, they are a chain reaction that feeds on itself and continues for a short period of time. So, the fireball and mushroom cloud that forms will persist for a while after it detonates. (In response to those who have said it was stupid that Indy could still stand and watch it, presumably 30 seconds or so after it went off).

Michael24

I think I'll go with the whole jungle chase/action sequence. The chase, the sword fighting, the fist fight (man, some of those punches sounded jaw-shattering!), and the ants. (y)

Second would be the whole Hangar 51 sequence, followed by Doomtown. I agree with Gear Guardian. Although I was spoiled on the whole "escape via fridge" thing, I could still feel Indy's panic in Harrison's performance and the pacing of the sequence. I also like how one minute he's desperately trying to avoid detection by the Russians, then the next he's trying to flag them down to stop for him, and then goes, "Oh yeah, don't bother stopping for me!" as they speed past. :D

commontone said:
I wish I hadn't known about it beforehand; other people in the theater gasped when they realized what was happening.

Yeah, I think the lady seated infront of me gasped "Oh, crap" when she realized exactly what was about to happen.

Gear

commontone said:
I also loved the Doom Town scene (actually, the whole opening 15-20 minutes). I wish I hadn't known about it beforehand; other people in the theater gasped when they realized what was happening. Still, it was well done. The mushroom cloud was great CGI in my opinion; looked very real and beautiful.

Nuclear weapons don't just explode and that's it, they are a chain reaction that feeds on itself and continues for a short period of time. So, the fireball and mushroom cloud that forms will persist for a while after it detonates. (In response to those who have said it was stupid that Indy could still stand and watch it, presumably 30 seconds or so after it went off).

Yes. The opening half hour made the film for me. I loved the test site scene. When Indy made his way into the town and into the house I wasn't sure what was going on but when he saw all those manikins I had an 'Oh S......' moment in my head...

Nurhachi1991

Mine was the diner scene. I mean come on it had a Greaser fight to the tune of Shake,Rattle and roll

Not to mention the greatest live ever

" See those two bricks over there? I don't think there here for the milkshakes"

QBComics

Michael24 said:
Yeah, I think the lady seated infront of me gasped "Oh, crap" when she realized exactly what was about to happen.

My father whom I went to see it with chuckled 'Oh Sh!t'. I almost burst out laughing!! :D

Seaner

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RzDDXGf9K-4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RzDDXGf9K-4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Michael24

I love the look on Mutt's face after Indy gets pulled into the car. It's like, "Did that just happen?" LOL!

Eric Solo

The diner. I like how Indy says "You don't have to get sore all the time just to prove how tough you are." Sore is such a 1950's expression.

James

commontone said:

Same here. I also wish I hadn't read the script for Saucermen, in hindsight. However, I remember reading that Doom Town scene for the first time and thinking, "How's he going to get out of this?!" I actually thought it was one of the best cliffhangers they'd ever come up with.

But if I had to pick just one brief scene, it would probably be that final moment where Mutt picks up the hat. When Spielberg said he was thinking of how the fans would react to certain scenes, I know he relished the thought of how fans would react to that one.

I was literally praying inside "NO! NO! NO!"- as I'm sure nearly every other Indy fan was. It's a brilliant example of Spielberg skillfully manipulating his audience.

And then comes that fantastic payoff with Indy taking the hat out of Mutt's hands and giving him that "not today, kid" grin. I had mixed emotions about watching Indy take the plunge up until that point, because that's where Spielberg made everything in the world right again. :whip:

Michael24

James said:
I was literally praying inside "NO! NO! NO!"- as I'm sure nearly every other Indy fan was. It's a brilliant example of Spielberg skillfully manipulating his audience.

I wasn't minding it that much, but when I saw it, I was thinking to myself, "Oh, man, the Mutt-haters are really gonna hate this moment." Then Indy snatches it away, and I was like, "Brilliant!" :D

akator

I loved the diner and motorcycle chase scene, and i liked the jungle part, and the warehouse scene also.

tnswman

My favorite single scene is when Spalko os shown speeding away on the back of the jeep..The Music, Visuals, and mood are PERFECT then.

My favorite segment of the film is the ENTIRE cemetary scene..That is simply Indy being Indy..in more ways that we have EVER seen before.