motto.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Belloq recites a prayer in Aramaic prior to the opening of the ark. The
theme of this prayer is, in a strange sort of Indiana Jones synergy, the
motto of the US and was added to US paper currency in 1957 due in large part
to "Ike", General Dwight D. Eisenhower.

If you can translate the prayer, God bless, but all you need do is state the
motto.

The theme of the prayer and US motto is "In God We Trust" originally printed in the US on the 1864 two cent coin. The Aramaic Herald ran a short piece on this prayer citing movies that feature the language including Harry Potter. It's one place you can find it translated.

Indy-Cast Trivia VII

You all know and love this man's work, but do you know him? The Star Wars Main Titles were his first notes as member of the London Symphony Orchestra and John Williams has stated how he subsequently wrote with him in mind for Indiana Jones as well as Superman. Who is this man?

The LSO's Principal Trumpet for 30 years, Maurice Murphy is one of the best known, most admired and loved trumpeters in the world. Recently retired, The London Symphony Orchestra produced a tribute with many of his colleagues including John Williams to discuss some of his greatest moments playing.

It can be found at: http://lso.co.uk/mauricemurphy.

Whose paintings were the basis for the design of The Ark of the Covenant, who is the artist who produced the image Indy shows to Eaton and Musgrove, and where does the other painting of the Ark appear in Raiders?

Last edited:
Rocket Surgeon said:
892/980
Whose paintings were the basis for the design of The Ark of the Covenant, who is the artist who produced the image Indy shows to Eaton and Musgrove, and where does the other painting of the Ark appear in Raiders?

Ralph McQuarrie provided the illustration of the Ark of the Covenant, made to resemble an etching, as seen in Indy's Bible in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

His work and the actual prop were based on paintings by French artist James Tissot

3458600395_b90ce24bbe.jpg

The other painting of the Ark is visible on the far wall as " the sun hits the Map Room."

Indy-Cast Trivia X

As a young boy, George Washington hoped to learn how to act like a proper eighteenth-century Virginia gentleman by copying the 110 "Rules of Civility" from a text by John T. Phillips. Which rule makes it to The Last Crusade?

Hint: The mailing address on the Grail Diary cannot be seen in the movie, neither can this minutia. If you've enjoyed the recent reading material flooding the bookstores since last May and you've paid close attention to the clues, a tenacious Indy Fan will make short work of this.

Remember Luceno for next time, pay attention to the fine print.

Rocket Surgeon said:

As a young boy, George Washington hoped to learn how to act like a proper eighteenth-century Virginia gentleman by copying the 110 "Rules of Civility" from a text by John T. Phillips. Which rule makes it to The Last Crusade?

Rule number 22: Show not yourself glad at the misfortune of another, though he were your enemy

Just as the mailing address on the Grail Diary cannot be seen in the movie, neither can the text on Henry Sr's bookmarks.
However, James Luceno's book: Indiana Jones the Ultimate Guide provides the closer look at Henry Sr's tome, another facet to his character and the answer.

Indy-Cast Trivia XI

Although Igor wields a whip in Young Frankenstein,and reminisces about the good old days with dad, it's too great a leap to insinuate he was any inspiration for the character of Indiana Jones, however one of his lines in the Mel Brooks Masterpiece was transplanted to Indy's good friend and assistant in the desert. What classic comedy line was revived/reworked for the greatest adventure movie ever?

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Although Igor wields a whip in Young Frankenstein,and reminisces about the good old days with dad, it's too great a leap to insinuate he was any inspiration for the character of Indiana Jones, however one of his lines in the Mel Brooks Masterpiece was transplanted to Indy's good friend and assistant in the desert. What classic comedy line was revived/reworked for the greatest adventure movie ever?

Through the modern wonder that is IMDB, I believe that I have found the line in question.
"Wait Master, it might be dangerous... you go first."

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Through the modern wonder that is IMDB, I believe that I have found the line in question.
"Wait Master, it might be dangerous... you go first."
That is correct...

While exploring the long sealed and forgotten depths of Castle Frankenstein,Marty Feldmen's Igor warns his Master that going through the next door might be "too dangerous" and then tells him, "you go first". Sallah, Indy's Igor of sorts, takes pause to warn his good friend about the perils of asps.

Indy Cast Trivia XII

When directing, Stephen Spielberg would often use metaphors to express himself or to convey his point: What did Steven Spielberg equate to a Busby Berkley dance and what did he equate to June Taylor Dancers?

Hint: both scenes utilized the most basic low tech film effect, and I hesitate to call the effect special.

so wah mu

No foul language here please!

...sorry this is off topic but in regards to irresponsible dog owners allowing their pooches to foul in public places, i couldn't aggree more. If i had my way the crime would be punnishable by means of death. Owners -not dogs.

Apologies once again for imposing my values, but it is just WRONG!! NO, REALLY!!!

(n) (n) (n)

...i'll just go now.

#shuffles off stage left#

Indy Cast Trivia XII

When directing, Stephen Spielberg would often use metaphors to express himself or to convey his point: What did Steven Spielberg equate to a Busby Berkley dance and what did he equate to June Taylor Dancers?

Hint: both scenes utilized the most basic low tech film effect, and I hesitate to call the effect special.

so wah mu

The jokes on me! Literally!

Here in the States it's called a Cleveland Steamer, just curb your dog...make sure you wipe it all up.[/QUOTE]

You guys set me up from the off didn't you? Focus so wah focus!!

Still, the latter post holds sway. I meant upon 'pain of death', not means. But fluff the small stuff.

That was actually quite funny.

Last edited:
And figuratively...

so wah mu said:
You guys set me up from the off didn't you? Focus so wah focus!!Still, the latter post holds sway. I meant upon 'pain of death', not means. But fluff the small stuff.That was actually quite funny.

No sweat, glad you got it, (the joke that is).;) (y)

For the record, you stepped into it yourself...