Summer Movies so far

roundshort

Well, we are into August right now, and time to stop and reflect on what we have seen on the big screen so far. I have to give Stars Wars as the most exciting movie and best so far, I was surprised by the Island in a good way just about everything else has sucked, your thoughts?

Joe Brody

There are movies out this summer?

Wedding Crashers crashed. . .

Gotta catch the Penguin flick.

roundshort

Batman was all right, getting really tired of super secert mountian top nija schools though, Still have not see Bad News Bears that is my great white hope for the summer!

roundshort

Joe, i think my mom wet to see the Pen. movie, she liked it, I don't know if I could sit through it, but It might be a lot like those good Disney Real Life Adventures they used to do, you know that is why they built the Jungle Cruise in the frist place

TombReader

SW3 rocked thw house.Batman was great,the best in the series.War of the Worlds was okay;nothing spectacular but good entertainment.Charlie and the Chocalate Factory was weird.Johnny Depp has made a career out of playing these odd characters,but I think this film was a mis-step for him.

Even though I liked Batman a lot,I do wish that Hollywood would take a break from superhero movies and from re-making old televison shows.

KDuncan

roundshort said:
Well, we are into August right now, and time to stop and reflect on what we have seen on the big screen so far. I have to give Stars Wars as the most exciting movie and best so far, I was surprised by the Island in a good way just about everything else has sucked, your thoughts?

Was The Island really that good?

Regarding the Chocolate Factory, I could never think anyone else as Wonka besides Gene Wilder.

Finn

Staff member
HHGTTG is not a review-breaker, but it's the kind of film certain "weirdos" will consider a cult classic twenty years from now on.

IndyBuff

TombReader said:
Even though I liked Batman a lot,I do wish that Hollywood would take a break from superhero movies and from re-making old televison shows.

I feel the same way. There are too many re-makes and superhero movies for my taste (although I really liked Batman Begins). I hope Hollywood can get creative again. There are good films out there but they are becoming more of a rarity.

intergamer

I thought Johnny Depp was superb and blew Gene Wilder out of the water. Freddie Highmore was also good as Charlie, and the scenes of Charlie's home were delightful. The rest of the movie, though - the parts that were just from the book and not focusing on the psychology - was regrettable. Especially the Oompa Loompas.

intergamer

temple of john said:
Of the movies I have seen so far this year I would have to rate them as follows...

1. Star Wars
2. Batman Begins
3. War of the Worlds
4. Charlie and the Chocalate Factory

Try:

1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
2. Batman Begins
3. War of the Worlds
5. Star Wars

Batman Begins is my top pick so far. Star Wars was better than expected. War of the Worlds was alright. Fantastic Four was... decent. I don't bother with a lot of the other remakes.

indifan101

Rumpled Fedora said:
Batman Begins is my top pick so far. Star Wars was better than expected. War of the Worlds was alright. Fantastic Four was... decent. I don't bother with a lot of the other remakes.

Here's mine.

1. War of the Worlds
2. Star Wars
3. Cinderella Man
4. Fantastic Four
5. Batman Begins

I didn't really like Fantastic Four nor did I care for Batman Begins. Although War of the Worlds was thee best movie Iv'e seen this summer. Cinderella Man was great too.

HovitosKing

This was certainly not a summer for great movies. Batman Begins was the best I saw this year. Star Wars wrapped up the total letdown that is the new trilogy, and the Fantastic 4 was abysmal. The Choco Factory was good, but gave too little screentime to the factory tour and too much time to the stupid long lost father ending. Wedding Crashers was actually pretty good, and I'm still trying to catch Devil's Rejects.

Last edited: