LEGO Indiana Jones Videogame Trailer Online

fixer79

Lookin' sweet :)

I wonder which character player two will get to be? In some shots of the gameplay footage, you can see just a glimpse of the second player character.
Jock maybe?

I wonder if they'll follow the pattern of the Lego Star Wars games... do the lousy stories first and the good stuff second...

Ie.... Indy Lego 2 might be "The Original Trilogy"

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
It seems to me that Indy Lego 1 is the Original Trilogy...perhaps Indy Lego 2 will be Indy IV & the YIJC?

HovitosKing

The trailer says Indy Lego I allows you to play through all 3 original trilogy films...even though you don't get much insofar as a visual of that here. I think it's going to be pretty cool.

scifiwolf

Admittedly, I was opposed to Indy being conceived a cutsy Lego game. Seeing the trailer has asuaged that sentiment. It actually looks like it might be a lot of fun to play, even if in a childish sort of way. It'll also be a great way to introduce young kids to Indy.

(y)

Katarn07

Possible player 2 characters: Satipo, Marion, Sallah, Wu Han, Shorty, Willie, Herman, Henry, Elsa

List off some possible others. Of course in freeplay mode, there'll be plenty others including the villains. I wonder where the staging area will be. In LSW1, it's Dex's Diner. In LSW2, its the Mos Eisley Cantina. My money's on Marshall College since the Raven will most likely be a part of a level.

Niteshade007

I wonder if they'll kill off characters. I've never played the Star Wars games, so I'm not sure how they dealt with character deaths, but I wonder if they will really kill Elsa or shoot Henry, or rip out that guys heart or melt Belloq and Toht. That stuff seems a little heavy for kids. But then again, the kids probably did see the movies...but still, I can't see how they'd let the kid playing as Indiana Jones drop Elsa. There's some heavy guilt that would come with that.

No one really ever dies in Lego Star Wars.... Any character you meet, you an purchase with studs and play them later...

Besides... death is a natural part of life. Why should children be lied to about it?

"I can't see how they'd let the kid playing as Indiana Jones drop Elsa. There's some heavy guilt that would come with that."
She was a Nazi... and the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.... Besides, Indy didn't LET her drop... her GREED kept her from helping herself out of a bad situation....

Indy even says.... "Elsa... Hunny... give me your other hand! I can't hold on. GIVE ME YOUR OTHER HAND!" and she was too stupid to do it.

A good lesson for a child to learn. You can only help those who WANT to BE helped.

In Lego Star Wars a lot of that kind of stuff is rewritten to make it goofy and cartoonish...

Niteshade007 said:
I wonder if they'll kill off characters. I've never played the Star Wars games, so I'm not sure how they dealt with character deaths, but I wonder if they will really kill Elsa or shoot Henry, or rip out that guys heart or melt Belloq and Toht. That stuff seems a little heavy for kids. But then again, the kids probably did see the movies...but still, I can't see how they'd let the kid playing as Indiana Jones drop Elsa. There's some heavy guilt that would come with that.

Hmm... Maybe they'll leave in an option to save Elsa like they did with the 'Last Crusade' graphic adventure...

I didn't like a lot Lego StarWars...Indeed I don't like this Lego graphic for videogames. I mean Legos are wonderful toys to play, to create and express immagination but I simply don't like it for videogames.:(
Why LucasArts don't make an Indy game like Star Wars Master of Teras Kasi? Do you image it?! Indiana Jones VS. Marion Ravenwood:D !...Now THAT would be cool!:p

Niteshade007

ClintonHammond said:
Besides... death is a natural part of life. Why should children be lied to about it?

Good point.

ClintonHammond said:
"I can't see how they'd let the kid playing as Indiana Jones drop Elsa. There's some heavy guilt that would come with that."
She was a Nazi... and the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi....

Yeah, but she was so pretty. Pretty people shouldn't die.

ClintonHammond said:
Besides, Indy didn't LET her drop... her GREED kept her from helping herself out of a bad situation....

To-may-toe, To-mah-toe

ClintonHammond said:
In Lego Star Wars a lot of that kind of stuff is rewritten to make it goofy and cartoonish...

That's how I thought they'd do it, I just wasn't sure.

Waitsjunkie said:
Hmm... Maybe they'll leave in an option to save Elsa like they did with the 'Last Crusade' graphic adventure...

I didn't realize you could save Elsa in the game, but I've never played it before.

No Ticket

Hahaha. I think it looks hilarious. I love the idea of an Indiana Jones Lego game and the trailer was awesome!

It looks like it might be more fun than Lego Star Wars. And whoever mentioned them making the crappy prequel Lego Star Wars first before getting to the good stuff... they probably marketed around the prequels first because they were releasing Episode III around that time and they didn't expect it to become such a hit. When it did it was obvious to make another that was based around the original trilogy.

... and now Indiana Jones!

HovitosKing

It might be fun to cross characters and films, like having Henry Sr. play in the Raiders bit and Mola Ram in LC...of course, I'd want it as an option and not the default.

AHegele said:
the Indy 08' game looks as MIA as Duke Nukem Forever at this point.

Huh? There was some mention of it at a recent convention I thought. Over the last few months people keep saying "Indy 08 is canceled" and similar nonsense all because there's little news. In my estimation, they're likely just keeping it as secretive as they are the new movie. The game isn't canceled by any source I've seen, just pushed back to better coincide with the release of the new film. If you can provide evidence to the contrary, I'd be very interested in seeing it.