Rambo V: Last Blood

Dr Jones

Ahh excellent!

RAMBO was a fantastic modern day hark-back tothe action films of the 80s, and something totally fit for popcorn viewing and a fresh escape from the world of fantasy epics etc.

I'd love to see Rambo back in action, of course a better string of a plot line wouldn't go a-miss, but seeing Stallone taking out soldiers with a bow and arrow is good enough for me!

Look forward to it!

(y)

fixer79

Looking forward to it! I've always like the character of Rambo.

I'm curious in what direction Stallone will take this next one, knowing that he stated he was going to bring Rambo to another genre....

I just hope there'll be a tiny bit more story in the next one and a tad less violence... That's all I'd ask.
The last one really grossed me out in that respect.
I liked it, but it grossed me out :)

Michael24

I didn't mind the violence. At least it served a purpose, to show what the atrocities are like that people in that part of the world face everyday and to bring awareness to it, unlike the violence in movies like Hostel or any other of the recent carbon copy gorefest flicks where it seems done only for shock and gross-out value.

fixer79

Michael24 said:
I didn't mind the violence. At least it served a purpose, to show what the atrocities are like that people in that part of the world face everyday and to bring awareness to it, unlike the violence in movies like Hostel or any other of the recent carbon copy gorefest flicks where it seems done only for shock and gross-out value.

You're absolutley right, but it still grossed me out.
Of course, that was the idea... :)

I also hope he doesn't get out of it unharmed like he did in the last one. It seemed a bit too much of a 'flawless victory' to me. Not once was he seriously injured...
He did get help of the mercenaries, but he was also twenty years older since part III...

fixer79 said:
You're absolutley right, but it still grossed me out.
Of course, that was the idea... :)

I also hope he doesn't get out of it unharmed like he did in the last one. It seemed a bit too much of a 'flawless victory' to me. Not once was he seriously injured...
He did get help of the mercenaries, but he was also twenty years older since part III...

You know, you're right... I can't think of him taking injury at all in Rambo IV. In First Blood he broke some ribs (in real life) jumping off that cliff. But in the movie itself he got sliced up and sews his arm back up. In Part 2 though he faired pretty severely... he got beaten and battered and scared and leeched. In Part 3 he probably took the hardest punishment. I mean he got impaled with a piece of shrapnel and totally brutalized in the final battle. Broke his arm too if I remember.

But in Part 4.... nothing. No injury that I can recall...

Michael24

He did get shot in the shoulder during the final battle and he lets out a pretty loud scream, so it must have hurt. :D

Michael24 said:
He did get shot in the shoulder during the final battle and he lets out a pretty loud scream, so it must have hurt. :D

...ah yes, I do recall him clutching his shoulder.

...well, never mind. Guess he was injured in all of them.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Eric Solo said:
Charles Bronson. Too bad he died.

yeah, he would have been perfect.

I find it very interesting that it is cheaper to film in bulgaria then right here in our own backyard, I know that alot of films shoot in canada for this reason but the go to a-whole-nother continent seems bizarre, funny how that works out

I love the original movie.:D The sequels, however, are mind numbing tosh with laughable performances and cliched dialogue.
"Take me with you, Rambo. I go see America."
The final shots of Rambo's 2 and 3 are hilarious with the over dramatic ballads.. :sleep:

Haven't seen the new Rambo yet.

herr gruber said:
I love the original movie.:D The sequels, however, are mind numbing tosh with laughable performances and cliched dialogue.
The final shots of Rambo's 2 and 3 are hilarious with the over dramatic ballads.. :sleep:

And that's why they're wonderful. :)

Lao Che Pun

My hope is that Rambo V will take a journey back to the original installment of First Blood. The film wasn't a war movie starring an action hero.

It was based off of the book which was an anti-Vietnam novel. Perhaps Rambo will take a turn against war within his search for his father?

Michael24

herr gruber said:

The author of the original novel has said the new RAMBO is the first film of the franchise that actually captures the tone of his FIRST BLOOD novel, which he was pleasantly surprised by.

As for the sequels, I still like them. RAMBO III is my personal favorite, though the new one is a close second.

No Ticket

Cool. I thought the new one was actually the best outside of the first film. First Blood. I'm not really sure what they could do next. Him returning home to see his father was a perfect way to end the series... but oh well. So was the ride into the sunset.. haha.

Michael24

It will be interesting to see what happens next. The conclusion of Rambo was both a great full circle finale for the series and a potential set-up for a possible sequel.

I was thinking it would be cool to see the next film take place in his hometown, something involving urban warfare a la First Blood. And after reading that the overseas location would stand in for Arizona, that seems to lend support to the idea the film will take place in Arizona after all, and not see Rambo going somewhere else.

graz

I loved Rambo, probably my second favourite movie of last year (after Indy). I have terrible taste in films don't I? :p

That said, he should probably let it go UNLESS its a Die Hard/Under Siege stylee idea.

The Man

Wasn't it rumoured that Rambo returns home to visit his father - only to end up saving sex slaves..?

San Holo

Rambo 5

Just saw that Stallone has just gotten the greenlight to start filming the next installment of the series:D This ones about a girl that gets kidnapped on the US/Mexican border, and has Rambo taking on human trafficers and the Mexican drug cartels......Hell yess- Let the headshots begin!:gun: