Young Indy Cameos

T.E.Lawrence

Junior Jones's post that is located here...

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=318649&postcount=172

has inspired me to start a new thread with the similar touch.
We could make a list of cammeos and interesting charachters from the series because there are tons of them almost in every episode.

I can start with the Curse of the Jackal.

The charachter Claw/Demetrios from this episode is in fact Barranca from the "Raiders of the Lost Ark". In Raiders he had two roles. He was also a Monkey Man with one eye. The figure of this charachter also exists:

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets...rk-Monkey-Man-With-Monkey-Figure/Product.html

Also one interesting charachter in Curse of the Jackal is Pierre Duclos. It is in fact Boldrick from the anthology BBC TV series "Black Adder". His counter-charachter Percy from Black Adder was in Young Indy too. He was Franz Kafka in Prague episode.

________
The Alternative is Unthinkable

tupogirl

What a great thread! I was thinking of something similar, I am fascinated by connections.

I keep meaning to look it up, but Woodrow Wilson from Paris 1919 looked very familiar.

My contribution:
Robyn Lively was in Teen Angel 2 with Jason Priestley (Beverly Hills 90210). TA2 was aired on the New Mickey Mouse Club as a serial. SPF was in 2 MMC serials, one starring Jenni Garth (of BH 90210).

She was also in 2 of 3 movies (I think it was 2 of 3) with Jay Underwood: Not Quite Human. They also starred Alan Thicke as their dad. This was also a Disney series.

Lon

Roshan Seth, Chattar Lal from Temple of Doom, is in Tales of Innocence and the head "grail protector" from Last Crusade is in Masks of Evil.

phantom train

Great thread! Here are some cameos that I noticed (some of these are re-printed from another thread I posted to in late 2007):

- The eccentric theatre choreographer in "Barcelona 1917" was played by William Hootkins - Hootkins was one of the government officials in "Raiders" and also Porkins in "SW: ANH".

- One of the German officers in "Barcelona 1917" was played by Wolf Kahler, who also played the German officer Dietrich in "Raiders".

- Ian McDiarmid played the professor that Indy visited in "Paris 1916" (he was friends with Indy's father). I.M. was also the Emperor in the SW films.

- Paul Freeman played Frederick Selous in "British East Africa 1909" and "The Phantom Train of Doom". He was also Belloq in "Raiders".

- Anne Heche was one of the three women Young Indy was romancing in "Scandal of 1920". Kind of IJ related (in a very roundabout way), she also starred with Harrison Ford in the late '90's above-average romantic/action flick "Six Days, Seven Nights".

tupogirl

In 'Winds of Change', the woman who plays Indy's girlfriend's mother is in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. She is one of the aunt's and has one of my favorite movie lines ever: 'He's a vegetarian? Ok, I make lamb.' :)

And the girlfriend, Amy, was in another movie with SPF 'Kiss the Bride'. Which is one of the few SPF movies I couldn't get through.:p She was in a hilarious episode of Monk as well. Brooke Langton.

phantom train

Forgot to add this to my last response to this thread - Pernilla August played the mother of the Italian girl in "Italy 1918".
Before that, she was in the great early '80's Ingmar Bergman Swedish film "Fanny and Alexander".
After YIJC, she also played the mother of Anakin Skywalker in
"SW Episode I: The Phantom Menace" (1999).

Last edited:

Flannery10

phantom train said:
Forgot to add this to my last response to this thread - Pernilla August played the mother of the Italian girl in "Italy 1918".
Before that, she was in the great early '80's Ingmar Bergman Swedish film "Fanny and Alexander".
After YIJC, she also played the mother of Anakin Skywalker in
"SW Episode 1: The Phantom Menace" (1999).

She's also in the Vienna Episode as Sophie's Nanny, an episode that was also directed by Billi August, like Northern Italy.

Junior Jones

If we're talking about people who played multiple parts, Julian Firth played Richard Meinertzhagen in Phantom Train of Doom and Daredevils of the Desert, but also played the prison doctor in Trenches of Hell.

That was very confusing to me at first. He is so obviously the same person, so I thought it was the same character as well. I couldn't figure out how he escaped from Dusterstadt and ended up in Africa.

tupogirl

Brooke Langton (the previously mentioned WOC Amy) is in another episode as well, one of the much younger ones. Just going by IMDB...

T.E.Lawrence

In the episode "Treasure of the Peacock's Eye" one of the interesting roles is done by Adrian Edmondson as Zyke - the german soldier from the beginning of the episode who later also tries to find the Peacock Eye.

Adrian is a long-time known coloborater of the actor Rik Mayall. They are mostly famous for cult british Sitcoms "The Young Ones" and "Bottom" and their very popular UK tours based on the sitcom "Bottom".

Adrian and Rik Mayall have also played in anthological "Black Adder" UK sitcom where also Tony Robinson has played the role of Boldrick (Pierre from the "Curse of the Jackal").

Stoo

He was very good in Peacock's Eye. Cool villian character and I love his line, "I am...an artist."
Ade Edmunson also played the role of the Ace Face (and sang) when The Who played their
1996 "Quadrophenia" concert in London's Hyde Park.

davros72

Wow, so many I could single out, but I'm only gonna mention two...

Jon Pertwee, the Third Doctor from "Doctor Who", in Attack of the Hawkmen

and

Colin Baker, the Sixth Doctor from "Doctor Who", in Daredevils of the Desert

:D