Unreleased track (sort of) from Mexico located!

T.E.Lawrence

Dear colleagues.
By a stroke of a strange luck few days ago I stumbled at one unreleased track (sort of) from Young Indiana Jones. It is a music theme from Mexico 1916 - one of the beautiful themes from the series.

The track starts with the guitar section that was very often in the background in the Mexico - the section that it is in the track is a music when Indy, Remy and other mexican rebels are talking near the fire at night. Remy tolds Indy how he arrived at the Mexico as a sailor and how he lost his wife and decided to join revolutionaries. After that Pancho Villa arrives and says to Indy that he is now free. And then with his sincere naivity Indy decides to joins the rebellion.

- I guess that you all can remember of that great scence -

after that music turns to the section near the end of the episode when Remy awaits Indy in to the desert for their trip to Ireland. It is a sunset in the desert and Indy finaly arrives with this horse. Beautiful scene. As they go towards the Sun music ends.

Well I always wanted to find that piece. As I said by some strange stroke of luck I was able to find this track at some strange compilation - but indeed this is a version from the series by Rosenthal (not a redo).

It would be fantastic if one day Lucasfilm would release the complete soundtrack of the whole series - by my opinion the soundtrack is one of the best pieces of music ever produced for TV format.

If anyone is interested in the track maybe I could upload it somewhere.
For me this is a really a lost treausure.

--- The alternative is unthinkable ---

Last edited:

T.E.Lawrence

InexorableTash said:
This may be what was discussed over here:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12504&page=4

The CD is a German release, "Best of the West", track title "Die Abenteuer Des Jungen Indianer Jones". The track is available on Amazon for purchase for a whopping USD$0.81 (DRM free!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011Y17TM/ref=dm_dp_trk15

... but that's a "redo". If you're talking about a different track (w00t!) then please share!

Hi Inexorable Trash and others. Sorry for the long delay in my answer. I was busy doing radio show in the last few days.

You are definetly right...it is from the BEST OF THE WEST compilation. The quality of the score sounded very good to me but I was not aware that in fact it was a redo. Thank you so much for the confirmation.

I have now read in the other threads that this source has already been discovered. So I guess we will have to search other lost treausers that are not discovered yet :D

Best Wishes

fommes

Being unable to buy this from Amazon or iTunes, because I'm not American, it'd be much, much appreciated if someone could perhaps PM me about this track...

T.E.Lawrence

fommes said:
Being unable to buy this from Amazon or iTunes, because I'm not American, it'd be much, much appreciated if someone could perhaps PM me about this track...

Don't worry. I will contact you later. It will be solved.

Best Wishes.