Why not a serial?

IndyAJA77

If the movies were based on the old serials, I think it would have been great to have made Young Indy as an actual serial complete with cliff hanger endings. Mitchell Hallock has posted elsewhere on The Raven the idea of bringing back the series to cover the "missing years." I'd love it, first, if Lucas went with this idea, but secondly, if he'd do it using the serial formula.

phantom train

IndyAJA77 said:
If the movies were based on the old serials, I think it would have been great to have made Young Indy as an actual serial complete with cliff hanger endings. Mitchell Hallock has posted elsewhere on The Raven the idea of bringing back the series to cover the "missing years." I'd love it, first, if Lucas went with this idea, but secondly, if he'd do it using the serial formula.

This is an interesting idea, but I for one would not want to see any more YIJC episodes/serials unless SPF were involved. And, since he's too old to play a Young IJ in his early 20's (since if they did another series, it would be best to start where they last left off in 1920), then a continuation of the series is hard to imagine.
Thought SPF gets slammed occasionaly for his portrayal of IJ in the show, I can't imagine anyone other than him portraying a Young IJ.

IndyAJA77

I agree with having SPF. That's why I like the idea of jumping up to the 40's. So, yeah, too late to keep going from the 20's to where we meet the film version, but I wouldn't mind if they took it to WWII territory.