The Greatest Mystery of all..

Here we go, theres one thing thats always baffled me about a certain episode in Young Indy.. and I'm hoping someone here can provide some sort of explanation...

Here goes..

Wait for it...

Why, oh Why, does Demitrious leave his Detonator plunger in the arms of the Mummy??!? I know theres probably no explantion, but can anyone think of anything even remotely plausible? Its possibly the stupidest evidence in a Whodunnit mystery ever..

Anybody got any suggestions? Or wanna ask for other answers to your own great young Indy mysteries?

Stoo

There's no reasonable explanation that I can think of other than Demetrios was the type of thief who wanted to be caught. The placing of his plunger with that mummy is perhaps the most ridiculous, convoluted, plot device of the entire series. An embarassment, second only to the "jackal-free" Demetrios being caught by T.E. in the linking segment of "My First Adventure":eek:

If anyone can come up with a more plausible reason, let's hear it...Please!

The only other explanation I can think of, besides Demitrios being insane, is... maybe he used the handle of the detonator to move the mummy? Maybe he wedged it in there, and carried Ka on his back like some mummy backpack, found the secret door that noone else on the team found, and stuffed him in there... forgetting to remove his 'carrying handle'...

'I've hidden it and you'll never find it!!'
'Fair enough then, off you go':confused:

dr.jones1986

I was wondering his nationally when i was watching the episode the other day. He has rsided in both mexico and egypt. I thought i saw him wearing a cross during the egypt episode, so i would assume he is probably catholic like most mexicans and not egyptian...

He always was a fairly industrious Mexican/Egyptian.. Probably Mexican I'd say, so he'd fit in, in mexico.. ah-hem

But seriously, what are the chances that Carter would have a mexican munitions expert working on his team? Now theres a back story, the secret life of Demetrois, and how the hell did he end up living in a heavily armed church of all things.

Plus hes one of the few characters in the whole series to get his own catchy theme tune.
Diddle diddle dee, dee diddle diddle dee

Stoo

Demetrios is from GREECE! His name is Greek and his theme tune is played on a bazouki, the tradtional Greek instrument.

Secret like? Demetrios was in trouble so he left his home country, leaving behind a wife and a pair of twin sons. One of the twins grew up to become an eye-patch wearing guy on a motorbike in Cairo. The other moved to Peru and died from a hail of poisonous, blow-darts to his back.:p

GREEK! Of Course he was..

Hah, now thats a good idea for a t.v. series. Clan Demitrious, like the sopranos except with far greater absenses of logic

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Stoo said:
Demetrios is from GREECE! His name is Greek and his theme tune is played on a bazouki, the tradtional Greek instrument.

Secret like? Demetrios was in trouble so he left his home country, leaving behind a wife and a pair of twin sons. One of the twins grew up to become an eye-patch wearing guy on a motorbike in Cairo. The other moved to Peru and died from a hail of poisonous, blow-darts to his back.:p

And now I can't help but think of a Back to the Future-esque saga in which Pat Roach plays every member of the same worldwide clan of hulking thugs.

Crack that whip

If you want to go that way, there could be a whole slew of previously-unrevealed familial bonds connecting various Indy characters... :p

Regarding the detonator plunger, I guess I just assume Demetrios was in a hurry or something when he collected the headpiece and didn't stop to pick up after himself.

Junior Jones

I've always thought he used the plunger to club Rasheed. Then in order to make it look like the curse, he burned Rasheed's body and hid the mummy and the plunger in an alcove. He assumed or hoped that the fear of the curse would work and that no one would ever find the mummy or the plunger. When he realized that Ned and Indy were going to persist in solving the mystery, he took off for the port with his prize.

There you go. The greatest mystery of them all, solved.

dr.jones1986

Junior Jones said:
I've always thought he used the plunger to club Rasheed. Then in order to make it look like the curse, he burned Rasheed's body and hid the mummy and the plunger in an alcove. He assumed or hoped that the fear of the curse would work and that no one would ever find the mummy or the plunger. When he realized that Ned and Indy were going to persist in solving the mystery, he took off for the port with his prize.

There you go. The greatest mystery of them all, solved.

i think anyone who knew Howard Carter would never believe he would fall for the "curse". To smart and rational for that

That doesn't solve it as we're still left with the fact that he left behind the most identifying object in his possession, its like Indy leaving behind his Whip, or Clinton leaving a saxophone, or Shakespeare a Picadillo, or a fireman leaving a firetruck, or the pope leaving a large crucifix... why would he hide the hallmark of his possesion like that?