General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Silvor

IndyForever said:
More Spielberg wants Harrison for Indy 5 (Steven must want it real bad he is sure talking this up a lot recently).
http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/c...lm-before-harrison-ford-hits-80-a3126401.html

"I am hoping one day to make it to an Indiana Jones V. I would hope to make it before Harrison Ford is 80 and I get much older."
Thanks for the link and update :)
Yeah Spielberg has been unusually vocal about Indy 5 with ford the last couple of months.
Of course a lot of times he was being asked by the interviewers but not all the time.
And the fact is he has not really mentioned Indy 5 since Indy 4 came out, so it does seem he really wants this to happen.
We can only hope! :)

Silvor

AndyLGR said:
Harrison potentially playing Indy as an 80 year old is not a great thought.
What? That's not what Spielberg said at all. He wants to do it before Ford turns 80, probably as soon as possible.

curmudgeon

AndyLGR said:
Harrison potentially playing Indy as an 80 year old is not a great thought.

Well thank God Spielberg is talking about wanting to do the film with Ford BEFORE he turns 80, or we'd be waiting another 7 years for that film. :p

Finn

Staff member
...or, per Occam's razor, he doesn't know enough to say anything about it.

And Mr. Ford just saying he would love to do Indy 5 practically tells us nothing. I mean, what should he say when asked about it? "No, I hate that part of my life and want nothing to do with the character anymore?"

In other words, he's pretty much answering that question the only way he can.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Pale Horse has just been confirmed saying he's wanting to do Indy V as well.

And you can quote him, here's his source.

Udvarnoky

So what's stopping them from hiring some screenwriters?

Actually, I like to think that a bunch of drafts have been secretly written since 2008 for us to pore over ten years from now.

Toht's Arm

Is it fair to think that Disney will be paying attention to the response to The Force Awakens, and specifically an older Han Solo, in terms of moving towards another outing with Ford?

It's clear that if there's another Spielberg-directed Indy, it would include Ford. My next question to the folks here is, do you think Spielberg's name is enough of a drawcard for Disney? Will the idea that it's the original director/star combo still hold sway over their decision-making?

Third thought: if the new Lucas-free Star Wars movie turns out to be good, I wonder if the fact that Lucas won't be anywhere near an Indy sequel will give Disney enough confidence that audiences will flock to see another Ford installment...

FordFan

Toht's Arm said:
Is it fair to think that Disney will be paying attention to the response to The Force Awakens, and specifically an older Han Solo, in terms of moving towards another outing with Ford?

It's clear that if there's another Spielberg-directed Indy, it would include Ford. My next question to the folks here is, do you think Spielberg's name is enough of a drawcard for Disney? Will the idea that it's the original director/star combo still hold sway over their decision-making?

Third thought: if the new Lucas-free Star Wars movie turns out to be good, I wonder if the fact that Lucas won't be anywhere near an Indy sequel will give Disney enough confidence that audiences will flock to see another Ford installment...

They don't need to track how well "The Force Awakens" does. The last installment made nearly $800 million.

IndyForever

More good news from Spielberg & he confirms he will never direct another actor as Indiana Jones:
http://www.screendaily.com/news/ste...?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562#

?I don?t think anyone could replace Harrison as Indy, I don?t think that?s ever going to happen,? he said in an interview with Screen International that will be published Friday (Dec 4).

?It?s certainly not my intention to ever have another actor step into his shoes in the way there have been many actors that have played Spider-Man or Batman. There is only going to be one actor playing Indiana Jones and that?s Harrison Ford.?

But with Crystal Skull deemed a disappointment to some critics and fans, Screen asked Spielberg why he would want return to the character yet again.

?Because there are more adventures out there than films,? said the filmmaker, who turns 69 on Dec 18. ?So as long as there?s more adventures out there, I?ve got a bullwhip, a fedora, a leather jacket and a man on a horse who knows how to get the job done.?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Incredible research, IndyForever! Although our upload issues persist, know that all these quotes have been added to the Indy 5 news feed. They keep coming, and I suspect we even missed a few in other languages with all the Bridge of Spies release dates last week. Will have to search specific interviews. (Star Wars 7 lands all at once by the way.)

IndyForever

Moedred said:
Incredible research, IndyForever! Although our upload issues persist, know that all these quotes have been added to the Indy 5 news feed. They keep coming, and I suspect we even missed a few in other languages with all the Bridge of Spies release dates last week. Will have to search specific interviews. (Star Wars 7 lands all at once by the way.)
You sound like your saying this is no longer the place to post any legit Indy 5 news if it means Spielberg + Ford attached.

Surely Spielberg saying (again) in clear terms he wants to make Indy 5 with Harrison is legit news especially when its crystal (skull) clear Spielberg is not going to be involved if Harrison is not his leading man :confused:

Perhaps this forum could be split into 2 sections one for Harrison + Steven & one for anything else Indy 5 news related :hat:

Finn

Staff member
IndyForever said:
You sound like your saying this is no longer the place to post any legit Indy 5 news if it means Spielberg + Ford attached.
In that case, let it be said that he was pretty much stating the opposite. You were being commended for posting stuff that can be CC'd to the main site feed.

Anything people close to the franchise* say is worth reporting. We can always discuss those statements' significance after the fact.

*As in all media, Stoo, not just the film series.

Face_Melt

Toht's Arm said:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was talking about the critical response.

The critical response for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was always good. It has a 78% critic rating on Rotten tomatoes which is much higher than your average summer blockbuster (Avengers Age of Ultron has a 72%, Jurassic World has a 71% for example).

FordFan

Face_Palm said:
The critical response for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was always good. It has a 78% critic rating on Rotten tomatoes which is much higher than your average summer blockbuster (Avengers Age of Ultron has a 72%, Jurassic World has a 71% for example).

Compared to the other films in the series, KotCS is awful. Compared to most blockbusters made today, it's good.

Face_Melt

FordFan said:
Compared to the other films in the series, KotCS is awful. Compared to most blockbusters made today, it's good.

Yep. It's the worst of the 4 Indy films, but still a very enjoyable film and certainly better than most summer blockbusters.