Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 04-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #76
martinland
IndyFan

Good to have the forum back, so:
Hi there - holy smokepipe - my friends!

Concerning this thread: How about LOST HORIZON?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Ho...8video_game%29

I have this lying around since a couple of years and did a short test of intro and game waay back then.

It feels very much like Indiana Jones, and in fact I'm looking forward to finally playing it! (soon, 2 more to go) :-D

Bye,
ML
martinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:20 AM   #77
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixer79
Then I'd say the Tomb Raider and Uncharted series!

But if Lara Croft is the first third-person action hero in vid-ya games, aren't all of these things Tomb Raider-inspired?

Anyway.

I thought this would get more play here rather than buried in the vid-ya game thread!

Sniper Elite and Zombie Army Trilogy are both excellent games, and I expect Strange Brigade to be just as good! Tune into E3 for the first look at gameplay and then sign up to win a free copy of the game!
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #78
indytim
IndyFan

Location: England (you can get all kinds of transport there ... boat, plane, anything)
The latest Uncharted game (called UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy) is obviously heavily influenced by the adventures of Indy, as are the other games in the series

indytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:43 AM   #79
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytim
The latest Uncharted game (called UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy) is obviously heavily influenced by the adventures of Indy, as are the other games in the series.

Dumbest post of the year? Maybe. Certainly in the Top 5 thus far!

I'll let you figure out why.

For everybody else, Rebellion has released some gameplay footage from their floor demo. I see some reused Sniper Elite III assets, but it looks good for being early in production. I hope they tighten up some of the enemy AI; as of now, they seem sort of... listless.

Elsewhere, the development team has mentioned how the announcer in the trailer will be commenting on the game's events as you advance through the levels a la the classic pulp radio plays. I'd like to see them expound upon this aspect as it could be quite amusing, and in keeping with the seemingly established tone.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:05 AM   #80
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
Elsewhere, the development team has mentioned how the announcer in the trailer will be commenting on the game's events as you advance through the levels a la the classic pulp radio plays. I'd like to see them expound upon this aspect as it could be quite amusing, and in keeping with the seemingly established tone.

Now that E3 is behind us various bits of footage are finding their way online, and IGN has helped us out with a 14-minute gameplay demo! The shooting remains sufficient, but I really dig the announcer/narrator. He adds another level of enjoyment.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #81
indytim
IndyFan

Location: England (you can get all kinds of transport there ... boat, plane, anything)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
Dumbest post of the year? Maybe. Certainly in the Top 5 thus far!

I'll let you figure out why.

Actually, I'd prefer an explanation. I shared the very latest Uncharted game trailer for everyone to check out, not to be insulted.

Last edited by Finn : 06-23-2017 at 05:52 AM. Reason: tag fix
Old 06-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #82
indytim
IndyFan

I remember playing Fred on my ZX Spectrum 48K back in the 80s. The only reason I purchased this game was that it was obviously heavily influenced by Indiana Jones. It actually turned out to be fun (if somewhat repetitive) swashbucking entertainment ... https://www.retrogamer.net/retro_games80/fred/

Old 06-23-2017, 05:56 AM   #83
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytim
Actually, I'd prefer an explanation. I shared the very latest Uncharted game trailer for everyone to check out, not to be insulted.
I can't speak for Le Sab, but the post was a little misplaced because we have a rather prominent Uncharted thread where the newest entry, along with the rest, is being discussed in detail.

I wouldn't call it a particularly dumb post, but it was at least a minor board faux pas regardless.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote