Best Tim Burton Film

Short Round

That's not true. The effects were good, the film was hilarious, and the acting was excellent. It was just different than the original. In my opinion, it was great.

Eric Solo

I liked the original Willy Wonka because Gene Wilder's Wonka was creepy and weird, but very charming. Depp's Wonka was just plain creepy and weird.

Burton's version was a good movie anyway, but I still like the original better.

Don Karnage

His Willy Wonka was..... lacking. not *bad* nessesairily, but lacking for sure

planet of the apes was not a great film but it deffinatly had the social struggles in it.

Katarn07

oki9Sedo said:
I thought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was good too. Planet Of The Apes is the worst film he's done and one of the worst summer films I've seen. Crap sets, crap cinemtaography, crap score, crap actors, crap costumes, crap dialogue, crap everything. There wasn't a single good thing in that movie. Not one.

OK, as much as I love the original and hate Burton's, I can find some redeeming qualities in it. I remember liking the music and Michael Clark Duncan as the gorilla general was awesome. The makeup was good, and the costumes of the gorilla army was interesting. I don't recall there being any commentary in it either. If it was there, it was subtle....

As for Charlie, I prefer Burton's but not by much. Not a fan of either film. Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp were the only appealing things in either film for me.

Beetlejuice is a good film, Sleepy Hollow surprised me in the fact it wasn't a slasher flick and had a decent mystery plot going on with it, and I did love both Batman flicks as a kid. Not so much now, but I still enjoy them once in a while just for the sake of nostalgia.

deckard24

Batman or Beetlejuice! Sleepy Hollow wasn't bad, but god did Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes suck!!

Give me Gene Wilder over Johnny Depp(Michael Jackson) any day as Willy Wonka!

Indy fan 235

I love all his films, some more than others, but my favorties would be:

Nightmare Before Christmas
Ed Wood
Sleepy Hollow
and the short Vincent

Deckard

Wonka is an everlasting gobstopper that tastes like human fecal matter.

Utter ****.

You people are way too all over Johnny Depp's balls, and w/o a doubt that was the worst, Worst, role of his career. It made me hate him and he still hasn't redeemed himself as far as I'm concerned. He was a respectable actor once, now he dresses up like ****ing Jack Swallows and walks around Disney Parks on the weekend to promote PIrate flicks. The man was in Gilbert Grape, Ed Scissorhands, He played George Jung and Hunter Thompson, respectable roles, great, great acting. Now he dresses up like a foppish, drunken, bi-sexual children's pirate. He's Disney's whipped little errand boy. Wow Johnny what the hell happened to you?

Burton's best flicks are Pee-Wees Big Adventure, Batman, and Edward Scissorhands.

Nightmare before Christmas, he only produced, he gets too much credit for that. THecredit belongs to his animation department and art director.

Last edited:

YouNeverKnow

Not one single vote for Big Fish?? How bout you throw in a notch for it here. I love this movie and the end with the river always brings tears to my eyes.

agentsands77

The two best Burtons are ED WOOD and SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET. In my mind, SWEENEY TODD just edges out ED WOOD to merit the title of "Burton's best."

TheDarkCrusader

Tim Burton was great in the eighties/nineties which is everything from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure to Nightmare Before Christmas. Even Mars Attacks had its moments which was disliked by many, Sleepy Hallow was a pretty decent thriller. Somewhere down the line, it seems like he stopped believing in himself or his talents. Big Fish and Sweeney Todd are my favorites of his recent work.

jonesissparrow

The best he did in my opinion in the following order:

PP31403~Sweeney-Todd-Posters.jpg

190707~Ed-Wood-Posters.jpg

batman_1989_1.jpg

pee_wees_big_adventure.jpg

2933~Beetlejuice-Posters.jpg

My personal favorites are Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Ed Wood, Batman, and Sweeney Todd.

kongisking

ResidentAlien said:
I HATE Tim Burton.

That said...

Vincent
Ed Wood

Those are the only films of his that don't make me want to vomit intensely or enact violence upon furry animals.

What...the...hell. You are utterly unreasonable.

PS: Edward Scissorhands is Burton's masterpiece. One of the most heartbreaking films ever made.

Vendetta08

Never was a big fan of Edward Scissorhands, the film just feels so empty. Like a balloon, pretty on the outside, nothing but hot air on the inside.

My favorite Burton movies are Sweeney Todd, Batman Returns, and Beetlejuice.