Should Raiders have been set in the 20s?

Montana Smith

Then at least KOTCS would have taken place in the '40s. ;)

Adventure gear Indy might have looked more like Tintin:

KMprinceofwales.jpg

Air travel would have taken longer and been more expensive. It would take Indy so long to get anywhere that the films would have to be twice as long. :p

Since Indy was a very naughty boy, maybe Raiders should have taken place in the noughties?

Goodeknight

Nazis. I hate these guys. But Raiders revolves around Indy battling them. While the party formed around 1919, Hitler wasn't appointed their leader until 1933. I don't think Raiders would have worked as well if it was the early Nazi party. They're powerful, menacing, and evil by the time Indy faces them.

So, "no" on Raiders being set in the 20s.

Montana Smith

goodeknight said:
Nazis. I hate these guys. But Raiders revolves around Indy battling them. While the party formed around 1919, Hitler wasn't appointed their leader until 1933. I don't think Raiders would have worked as well if it was the early Nazi party. They're powerful, menacing, and evil by the time Indy faces them.

So, "no" on Raiders being set in the 20s.

Raiders in the '20s would probably have been more like the 'Call of Cthulhu' role-playing games I remember reading in the early days of 'The White Dwarf': mad cultists and zombies, and long journies by train and ship.

It wouldn't have been a world with Indy being able to nip from continent to continent at the drop of a fedora. And, as you wrote, no Hitler.

Henry W Jones

Well considering Sharkey started this thread to mock the "Should KOTCS have been set in the 40's" thread and for obvious plot reason...........