Winnie The Pooh

TheMutt92

More of a direct followup in the spirit of the original 60's/70's Disney films as opposed to the spinoffs of the past ten or twenty years...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QbFz--GCkOM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QbFz--GCkOM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

It's produced by John Lasseter, so it dosn't surprise me that the film seems to be following the Toy Story 3 advertising scheme by marketing towards adults and nostalgia, as well as little kids...

YouNeverKnow

I have nothing but faith in Disney with Lasseter now at the helm. I'm hoping that this movie performs much better than Princess and the Frog (which was excellent) and that they start fast tracking more traditional animated films.

Goonie

Looks pretty good. I love the 2D animated stuff. Got the first, Many Adventures..., in my Disney animated classics DVD collection.

kongisking

I wonder if Peter Cullen is still voicing Eeyore? He's probably too busy playing Optimus for Michael Bay...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
kongisking said:
I wonder if Peter Cullen is still voicing Eeyore? He's probably too busy playing Optimus for Michael Bay...

It's Bud Luckey, who's probably most recognizable as the creative lead and the narrator of the Pixar short "Boundin'," which ran with <I>The Incredibles</I>.

IAdventurer01

The art in this is stunning! They seems to be doing a wonderful job with the animated storybook feel to Pooh, which is something it really should have - especially for a motion picture.

Considering that Pooh is one of Disney's cash cows, I was a little skeptical at first, but seeing who's helming the project, I can safely say I'm looking forward to this.

I got to get up...I got to get going...I'm going to see a friend of mine!....He's round and he's fuzzy ...I love him because he just

POOH BEAR ..WINNIE THE POOH BEAR!

Looking for FUN!...chasing some honeybees! POOH BEAR...I know he's out there

rumblee tumblee , climin' a honey tree

Fun never ends for us
were so adventurous!...least every now and again..

And when your alone ..and theres nobody home
its nice to be able..to count on a friend like..

POOH BEAR...WINNIE THE POOH BEAR!
Where ever you go..oh won't you take me please!

POOH BEAR, I gotta be there!...
Its me and it you!...My silly old Winnie the pooh........(y)

TheMutt92

EgyptianPharaoh said:
I got to get up...I got to get going...I'm going to see a friend of mine!....He's round and he's fuzzy ...I love him because he just

Fun never ends for us

Haha, even though the TV series had little to do w/ the original stories (and is arguably the beginning of Disney cashing in on the character's success), it was still a childhood favorite of mine and enjoyable in its own right, something I can't say for subsequents shows and movies.

EgyptianPharaoh said:

Fun never ends for us

The kindergarten teacher wanted her children to use more grown-up words as the year progressed and after Christmas break she asked what they had done.

The first child said he went to see his Nana.

The teacher said, No, no, you went to see your grandmother. You're old enough now to use a more grown-up word.

Another child said she went on the choo-choo. The teacher corrected her kindly and said, you went on a trip on a train.

The last child proudly stated that he read a book. When the teacher asked what book, he puffed out his chest and, in his best grown up voice said: Winnie the Sh!t.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
Old school.

Old School Pooh.

Hard, tough as nails Pooh, as opposed to modern soft Pooh.

Will this new one be as classic as Raiders of the Lost Pooh?

Or even The Temple of Pooh, or The Last Pooh?

Or like Kingdom of the Crystal Pooh, which sounded hard and painful, though he kept a cork in the barrel throughout.

35-1.jpg

Forbidden Eye

TheMutt92 said:
... it was still a childhood favorite of mine and enjoyable in its own right, something I can't say for subsequents shows and movies.

Well, I enjoyed The Tigger Movie quite a bit(as Tigger is probably my favorite of the Hundred Acre Wood gang) and Piglet's Big Movie wasn't bad either; they actually went to the original A.A. Milne stories, which is what they seem to be priding themselves on with this movie.

Still, am eager to see how much of the spirit of the original shorts they'll get.

BTW-Anyone else impressed a Pooh thread has gone one for two pages in an Indiana Jones thread? :p

Montana Smith

Forbidden Eye said:
...they actually went to the original A.A. Milne stories, which is what they seem to be priding themselves on with this movie.

You can't beat classic original Pooh, when he was a bare bear, with simple yet effective artwork, rather than the Disney incarnation. Lose the shirt, Winnie. Go topless like you did in the old days.

Forbidden Eye said:
BTW-Anyone else impressed a Pooh thread has gone one for two pages in an Indiana Jones thread? :p

By current standards it ought to have reached ten pages by now! :p

I'll work on it.

Or maybe not.

Rocket Surgeon said:
The kindergarten teacher wanted her children to use more grown-up words as the year progressed and after Christmas break she asked what they had done.

The first child said he went to see his Nana.

The teacher said, No, no, you went to see your grandmother. You're old enough now to use a more grown-up word.

Another child said she went on the choo-choo. The teacher corrected her kindly and said, you went on a trip on a train.

The last child proudly stated that he read a book. When the teacher asked what book, he puffed out his chest and, in his best grown up voice said: Winnie the Sh!t.
LOL!!!!!...THAT JOKE GETS ME EVERY TIME!