santagreetingface.gif

Merry Julian Christmas, everyone!
biggrinsanta.gif

christmastree1.gif

-G

Goodsport

Jay R. Zay said:
yes, merry christmas. :)

what church to you belong to so that you still use the julian calendar?

Russian Orthodox, though just about all the other Orthodox churches (Greek, Ukranian, Romanian, Serbian, Armenian, Bulgarian, etc.) use the Julian Calendar as well. :)

By the way, how did you know that it was on the Julian Calendar? Are you Orthodox as well? ;)

-G

Jay R. Zay

Goodsport said:
By the way, how did you know that it was on the Julian Calendar? Are you Orthodox as well? ;)

no, in fact, i'm atheistic but rather interested in religion (among other things).

but apart from that, you called it "julian christmas" so i guess it wouldn't be so hard to figure out even if you don't know. ;)

Goodsport

Jay R. Zay said:
but apart from that, you called it "julian christmas" so i guess it wouldn't be so hard to figure out even if you don't know. ;)

Oops... I forgot about that. :eek: :D

It must be my old age. :(

-G

qwerty

Goodsport said:
Orthodox churches (Greek, Ukranian, Romanian, Serbian, Armenian, Bulgarian, etc.) use the Julian Calendar as well. :)

I am preaty sure that Greek and Bulgarian churches now use Gregorian calendar.

qwerty

Henry Jones said:
Is that "Merry Christmas" in your language?

In my country on Christmas it is customery to instead of saying Hello one says "Христос се роди". When someone says that the other person should respon "Воистину се роди".
This means "Christ is born" and the response is "Christ is born indeed" (I hope I spelled this right)

Henry Jones Sr

qwerty said:
In my country on Christmas it is customery to instead of saying Hello one says "Христос се роди". When someone says that the other person should respon "Воистину се роди".
This means "Christ is born" and the response is "Christ is born indeed" (I hope I spelled this right)

Sweet! I wish we did that here. Our society's become far too politcally correct and tries to forget the Creator. :mad: