General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Dewy9

Well, at first I laughed at the notion of Henry Sr. back, but they could easily explain that he had been gone (bad guys capture him or something) for such a long time that he was assumed to be dead. I take that rumor with a tiny grain of salt.

UltimateManGod

I definately like hearing this. And the possibility of it brings some concerns and alleviates others. The implication of him somehow coming back from the dead is something I would be very much against. However, it could also mean prequel, which mean Henry Sr. would be a younger man than he would have been in KOTCS and would be more likely to participate in an adventure in some capacity, as well as no Mutt. Even though I liked him as a character, I think it'd be harder to make him fit into a movie after KOTCS. And overall the idea of an Indy 5 excites me because now Spielberg has a recent Indy film under his belt as well as feedback concerning what people generally felt worked and what didn't, as long as he listens to it. Also I feel it would definately have to be a prequel.

Morning Bell

If they couldn't lure Connery out of retirement for Crystal Skull then I doubt he'll come back for this film either. Still, it's fun reading the rumors and I guess anything's possible as this point.:whip:

lao che & sons

I'm not believing this one bit! Why would connery deny the role for indy 4 but accept it for indy 5? Maybe they have a story and Connery loves it? I can see why he didn't do indy 4, I would've been insulting to see such a great character become a loon.

Anyways, I love hearing more and more rumors, I think this thinkg will happen! And if connery does come back I'll be even more happy.

lao che & sons said:
I can see why he didn't do indy 4

because he was barely in the story...he said if he were to come back, he would want a nice part and to go along for the trip...not to show up drunk at the wedding like his character was intended in the City of Gods script.

i can see this being a possiblity...I would love for this to come true!!! :whip:

DocWhiskey

I really hope Connery doesn't come back for Indy 5. I'm sure this is purely rumor and I did love his character, but he's dead. Lets leave it at that.

How are they going to bring him back?

They'd have to retread the angle in Crystal Skull. I don't want to find out he "faked his own death" or "went into hiding" for some reason just to bring him into a fifth film. That alone will already make it worse then KOTCS in my eyes. And a flashback would end up extremely corny.

Henry Jones Sr. is dead.

The End.

Darth Vile

DocWhiskey said:
I really hope Connery doesn't come back for Indy 5. I'm sure this is purely rumor and I did love his character, but he's dead. Lets leave it at that.

They'd have to retread the angle in Crystal Skull. I don't want to find out he "faked his own death" or "went into hiding" for some reason just to bring him into a fifth film. That alone will already make it worse then KOTCS in my eyes. And a flashback would end up extremely corny.

Henry Jones Sr. is dead.

The End.

I guess I have to say that if the story was strong enough, and if there was a valid narrative reason, then it would be worth bringing back his father. However, I would feel some trepidation at bringing back two leading characters who are so old as 1) It kind of dictates where the story would be going straight off the bat. 2) I'm not sure it would work on screen (because they'd HAVE to bring back Mutt if they brought back Henry Jones Senior). So at this juncture, I hope they don't consider it.

HJJNR

DocWhiskey said:

Henry Jones Sr. is dead.

The End.

PERHAPS they are going to use the fact that since he drank from the grail he is not actually dead... But he is now the guardian of the grail in some way!

Its an option. Albeit a lame one!

AlivePoet

I guess since Shia has to come back, the idea of a prequel isn't on the table. If Sr. returns, they'd better damn well give a good reason for it. I would rather see Sallah return, though... let Sr. stay dead, end the series with Jr. winding down but giving it one last go.

Udvarnoky

I'd ordinarily be vehemently against the idea of raising characters from the dead (what is this, a soap opera?), but I have to admit that after the contrived Marion-Mutt-Oxley-Abner backstory concocted for Indy4 I just don't care anymore. There's no longer a standard to maintain, so go for it if it means beefing up the cast with Connery again. Hopefully if they're so desperate to get him back though they'll handle him better than they handled Marion.

QBComics

DocWhiskey said:

Henry Jones Sr. is dead.

The End.

I couldn't agree anymore. To me, it would seem way to cheesy and awkward .

Plus, I want to see Indy go on an adventure with just one parter to stick with him all the way through. Maybe have other characters show to help him (like Sallah in ROTLA), but that's it.

Udvarnoky

QBComics said:
Plus, I want to see Indy go on an adventure with just one parter to stick with him all the way through.

I do agree with this. I think they played the ensemble thing out. If we have one or two central sidekicks instead of four, they might actually be able to develop in a satisfying way.

QBComics said:
I couldn't agree anymore. To me, it would seem way to cheesy and awkward .

Plus, I want to see Indy go on an adventure with just one parter to stick with him all the way through. Maybe have other characters show to help him (like Sallah in ROTLA), but that's it.

I'm tellin ya, there's going to be some sort of device like that mirror in Harry Potter but you can talk to them as they were in the past. This will resolve some contrived conflict between Mutt and Indy...

...he could always come back as Indy's uncle...and/or Henry's twin, like Gil Krundle!

I hear it's about The Gates of Hell

Auguste Rodin's​

250px-Hoellentor.jpg

The Gates of Hell​

Flaming crater in Turkmenistan has been burning for 38 years. Geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas in Derweze While drilling in 1971, the ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to burn the gas. Despite remnants of the drilling rig still being visible, official government guides will tell you that the crater was caused by a meteor strike.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TEjoga1yrn0&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TEjoga1yrn0&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Crack that whip

The Connery tidbit is certainly interesting, but I don't know how much stock to put into it. Even if one allows that Connery passed on the fourth movie simply because he actually just felt, as some here have surmised, that the script wasn't very good but would accept doing the fifth because he thinks more highly of the script, I find it somewhat incredible that Lucas and co. would craft a role for him in the story for the fifth movie to begin with, given that they've already written him out of the series.

Matinee Idyll

Maybe this time they can CGI the heck out of it for a change.

Is it too soon to start a thread counting down the final stake driven through the heart of poor Indy? Of the inevitable franchise take-over by the young and handsome Shia LaBouf? Of the headache inducing bluescreen orgy that will be taking place on Skywalker Ranch? Surely George and Steven know that last one was a stinker. Let a director who still has a shred of self-respect tackle this project. Someone willing to get his hands dirty and film on-location instead of trying to pass off Lucas' private bathroom for the Amazon jungle. Let Wes Anderson do his thing and put Indy inside his quirky framework and beat up the Red Chinese while the early singles of Cat Stevens play in the background. That, my friends, would be entertainment.

One can dream, can't he?