General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
and his stint as a stagehand for the Doors

Yeah, he was also a part of the film crew... I'll have to find it but there is film of Jim, Ray and Robby playing poker and Harrison pops up in the back ground and some one says "Wait, Harry your in the background." Harrison then ducks out of the shot.

Imagine Jim Morrison and Harrison Ford in the same room. Sounds fun.

TheLastCrusader

Dr. Gonzo said:
Yeah, he was also a part of the film crew... I'll have to find it but there is film of Jim, Ray and Robby playing poker and Harrison pops up in the back ground and some one says "Wait, Harry your in the background." Harrison then ducks out of the shot.

Imagine Jim Morrison and Harrison Ford in the same room. Sounds fun.
I've found it. I can't really tell it's Ford, because he's got his back turned to the camera. But the cameraman says "you're in the shot, Harry".. If this was Harrison Ford... wow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4_oB6eYUcs&feature=related

indyjones2131

Well we're getting off topic here, but I for one don't believe half of what Bill Maher says first of all. He is the only source of this rumor.

Second, Ford is always uncomfortable in interviews - we all know this. BUT he's always extra silly when he is promoting a lighter movie on a silly talk show.

Third, the poor guy can't get a break. Either he's too grumpy or obviously on drugs...

Fourth, have you seen how he dresses for Halloween with his kids> Now unless you think he's stoned with his kid right there, he obviously is goofier than we all know.

Fifth, he coulda just been a little drunk.

Sixth, people always get a bit weirder when they get older...

Seventh, his son went to rehab for marijuana. Would Ford use/continue to use?

Eighth, of course in the end if you have an issue with the idea of Ford on dope, then you'll probably look at the evidence against it. If you don't have an issue with it, then you'll probably believe the evidence for it. I do have an issue with it, so there ya go.

Also, what is this Blade Runner stunt preparation you're talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy's brother

Raiders112390 said:
We need news =[

...and not this kind:

Daniel Day-Lewis to Star in Steven Spielberg?s LINCOLN; Filming Set to Begin in Fall 2011 for 4th-Quarter 2012 Release
The press release also notes that ?Filming is expected to begin in the fall of 2011 for release in the fourth quarter of 2012 through Disney?s Touchstone distribution label.? That?s curious since, as we reported earlier, Spielberg was planning to direct an adaptation of Robopocalypse in January 2012. Presumably, that project has now been pushed back.
Two-time Academy Award winner Daniel Day-Lewis will star as the 16th President of the United States in DreamWorks Studios? Lincoln to be directed by Steven Spielberg. The announcement was made today by Spielberg and Stacey Snider, Co-Chairman and CEO of DreamWorks Studios.

Doesn't seem like Spielberg is holding his breath about directing Indy 5...

Silvor

Sad news about Spielberg being so busy. I never really got the impression that he was that interested about Indy 5. Though it could just be that he's not on many interviews. Then again George doesn't seem very interested either.

Hanselation

But this time his socks were more serious!;)

nicesocks.jpg

bettersocks.jpg

To me it seems that he was really tipsy. So if he was drunk, he's man enough to be silly - For me thats okay, because it's human. It's Harrison - not the pope :D
It would be bad if drunk people are going to be agressive (n)

If George (Lucas) is jerking his friends Steven and Harrison, by telling them, he's working hard on the Indy 5 story, - but he isn't - this also could be a reason to take to the bottle or to turn their attention to other movie projects....

"Come on George! Let them and us finally know if you're not motivated to do Indiana Jones 5!" :confused:

So this is, why there is no definitive message about that there will not be another Indiana Jones movie:
abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/harrison-ford-star-wars-han-solo

George Lucas sees also no future in dead Indiana Jones toys (games, ,...merchandizing), so he is just pretending there could be another Indy-movie. If people hope a little bit, that there will be another Indiana Jones movie, they will buy Indy-merchandizing.

So for me it's obviously, that meanwhile the horse is out the barn. :(

Last edited:

Forbidden Eye

Indy's brother said:

Yeah, but that Lincoln bio-pic has been in development hell about as long(if not longer than)Indy 4 ever was, so I wouldn't hold my breathe on seeing that soon.

Montana Smith

Hanselation said:
To me it seems that he was really tipsy. So if he was drunk, he's man enough to be silly - For me thats okay, because it's human. It's Harrison - not the pope :D

Harrison was entertaining, anyway.

Much more entertaining than the pope.

On top of that can you imagine the pope taking the role of Indy for the next one?

This would be Mutt trying to steal Indy's hat before time:

pope.jpg

Hanselation said:
If George (Lucas) is jerking his friends Steven and Harrison, by telling them, he's working hard on the Indy 5 story, - but he isn't - this also could be a reason to take to the bottle or to turn their attention to other movie projects....

"Come on George! Let them and us finally know if you're not motivated to do Indiana Jones 5!"

So this is, why there is no definitive message about that there will not be another Indiana Jones movie:
abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/harrison-ford-star-wars-han-solo

George Lucas sees also no future in dead Indiana Jones toys (games, ,...merchandizing), so he is just pretending there could be another Indy-movie. If people hope a little bit, that there will be another Indiana Jones movie, they will buy Indy-merchandizing.

So for me it's obviously, that meanwhile the horse is out the barn. :(

There's an overwhelming sense that Indy 5 is fading out of sight.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Predictable article founded on the mostly obsolete star system.
It's collapse is explained here:
Every star has had failures and successes in roughly equal proportion. In the past 25 years the only performer to go a decade without a box-office failure was Tom Hanks. Between 1975 and 2000, the two actors whose movies grossed the largest amounts of money were--this is not a joke--Steve Guttenberg and Dan Aykroyd.
The star system has perhaps been most important not in what it has done for the pictures themselves but for ancillary, parasitical industry players--agents and managers and publicists, all of whom rake off some percentage of the huge salaries their clients are paid. And of course, there is the world of celebrity media--magazines from Vanity Fair on down to In Touch and television shows from Entertainment Tonight to TMZ, all of which depend on the constant creation of new personalities to build up, glamorize, and then destroy on the way down.

Mungi

Indy's brother said:

So it looks like 2013 is the earliest date to shoot another Indy movie since Spielberg's other two films will be in post-production in 2012. So they should get a good story and a good script till then. If they don't, well, then they don't...

Mungi

JP Jones said:
Are you serious?! Just because he's a little more excitable than usual, he's doing drugs. Come On!

At the beginning his movements are so slow, I first thought that was because of the video.:D I don't care what he did before that show, it's the funniest video I have seen in a while, and that's what counts.:)

By the way: He still looks great. Let's just hope Lucas makes progress with his idea. I'm sure Ford has a couple of more years to play an action role like Indy - two weeks ago he said there could be a sequel for "Cowboys and Aliens", by the way.

paulfreeman

Indiana Jones and the Army of The Forgotten Gods

Hey, just passing on the rumor, but I heard that this is actual insider info! Lucas has been working on the script himself, and the title could be 'Indiana Jones and the Army of The Forgotten Gods'. Sounds like a great title to me. I only wish I knew what it was about, Army of the Gods! sounds awsome!