Crystal Skulls? 2012?

Short Rounded

Historians and Archaeologists say that the 13 crystal skulls will be found and brought together when we need the knowledge most. Now, does that mean we will find all of them by December 2012? What is the scientific proof that the world will end? How many crystal skulls are left...people say only 5 have been found but a book I have proves that all 13 have been found.

Goonie

Short Rounded said:
Historians and Archaeologists say that the 13 crystal skulls will be found and brought together when we need the knowledge most. Now, does that mean we will find all of them by December 2012? What is the scientific proof that the world will end? How many crystal skulls are left...people say only 5 have been found but a book I have proves that all 13 have been found.

Well you just round-up 13 of Dan Aykroyd's bottles together. But remember, they have to be full... :whip: (y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
What one book says doesn't necessarily prove anything. I'm not a sceptic or anything, I'm just saying that there's a lot of books on the subject of 2012 that are full of it, and then there are some that are more factual.

For instance, my Mum recently got a book about all the Mayan prophecies about 2012. The book just provides the translations of prophecies of various events and also talks about the similarities between the Chinese calendar and the Mayan calendar (in terms of it's circular shape and similar dating system).

Besides, the talk of the crystal skulls coming together for a new source of knowledge reminds me of the Edgar Cayce prophecy about some book that is supposed to be found under the Sphinx, which is supposed to provide some knowledge that will help us in different ways like finding a cure for cancer, etc and you know, I don't know if archaeologists are allowed to excavate further at the Giza Plateau, but I certainly haven't heard about anything significant being found (but I guess they wouldn't want the public to know if there was something that could threaten or contradict history or someone in some way). In any case, my money's on that Egyptian guy that they always bring in on TV shows for archaeological debates. :rolleyes:

I guess I personally cynical about the story of the crystal skulls as it feels really invented and new (IMHO). Of course, ironically, I'm more a believer of Atlantis once existing and yeah, I can accept an ancient history with aliens involved. I believe that there is life out there. I don't know what to believe about 2012, but nowdays, when I look at the world, with climate change, recession (the strikes at G20), questioning capitalism since there is the extremely rich and the extremely poor still (especially since communism doesn't work), once again questioning religion with New Aestheists and all this new technology, I can't help but feel we are entering a time of change. We're seem to be at this juncture that we have to work out how society is going to work with freedoms of choice and speech. Maybe it's always been like this, I don't know, coz I'm young.

Short Rounded

Lance Quazar said:
There is none. It won't.
yeah, that's probably right. I was just wondering if there was any proof.

Lance Quazar said:
No, they don't.
I watched a documentary and they interviewed archaeologists who said that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morning Bell

As fascinating as the crystal skulls are, I don't see any evidence that finding all of them will have any bearing on mankind's destiny and the 2012 date, while fun to talk about, is pure speculation at best. It's simply when the Mayan calender changes and there's no reason to believe that anything big will happen. Granted, it COULD, but I doubt that it will.

In The X-Files it was revealed that December 22, 2012 is when an alien invasion and colonization of earth will occur. Now THAT would be interesting.:D

xxIndyxVogelxx

I personally don't believe in all this alien business, and I also don't believe that the world will end in 2012. I mean, honestly, don't you think there would be some kinds of signs that the world will end now that we're nearing that year? The whole crystal skull thing about aliens making them is incorrect as well. Scientists today have proven that they were made in the 12th century or something like that...

Short Rounded

xxIndyxVogelxx said:
I personally don't believe in all this alien business, and I also don't believe that the world will end in 2012. I mean, honestly, don't you think there would be some kinds of signs that the world will end now that we're nearing that year? The whole crystal skull thing about aliens making them is incorrect as well. Scientists today have proven that they were made in the 12th century or something like that...
I completely agree. I read online that the only thing that happens on 2012 is that our time period transfers from one to the next. Not the world ending.

xxIndyxVogelxx

Short Rounded said:
I completely agree. I read online that the only thing that happens on 2012 is that our time period transfers from one to the next. Not the world ending.

Yeah, I heard that somewhere too. Now there's actually logic in that statement of the time period changing, unlike "Oh no, aliens are coming! Get those crystal skulls fast before the invasion!"

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
xxIndyxVogelxx said:
Yeah, I heard that somewhere too. Now there's actually logic in that statement of the time period changing, unlike "Oh no, aliens are coming! Get those crystal skulls fast before the invasion!"

And that's what the Mayans were saying in their prophecies (not anything to do with aliens and crystal skulls at all). They were saying that there would be a time period change in short. They also predicted changes in the Earth (climate change), the way society exists and the things people do. I don't believe it would happen over night, but maybe something to signal that change. And in that respect, with people rallying at G20 questioning capitalism, dealing with climate change and trying to maintain morality in new technologies, then to be honest, I can see times are changing (in which case though, it can be argued that times are always changing but maybe sometimes more significantly than other times).

And where are we hearing all this crap about crystal skulls and the end of the world? I mean, it's never been talked about before and now, since KOTCS, it's like people are getting on a supernatural bandwagon or something.

The Magic Rat

Violet Indy said:
And that's what the Mayans were saying in their prophecies (not anything to do with aliens and crystal skulls at all). They were saying that there would be a time period change in short. They also predicted changes in the Earth (climate change), the way society exists and the things people do. I don't believe it would happen over night, but maybe something to signal that change. And in that respect, with people rallying at G20 questioning capitalism, dealing with climate change and trying to maintain morality in new technologies, then to be honest, I can see times are changing (in which case though, it can be argued that times are always changing but maybe sometimes more significantly than other times).

And where are we hearing all this crap about crystal skulls and the end of the world? I mean, it's never been talked about before and now, since KOTCS, it's like people are getting on a supernatural bandwagon or something.

Very true, it's just one of those things for now. It's gained in popularity but will plummet to nothing on 12/23/2012 if ya catch my drift. Kinda lame that people are so uppity about it.

Well the current archaeolgical line with the crystal skulls is that they're fakes, the only one that was ever considered the real deal, the Mitchell Hedges skull was reanalysed about two years ago and determined a fake (Plus the little snag about finding a record of it for sale in a French shop two years before it was supposedly found in south America)

The whole Mayan thing is just how their calender worked, in phases of thousands of years. Maybe something will happen, maybe it won't

The worlds always been changing, and yes it could all come to an end someday, but I imagine that by the time whats left of Earth is consumed by the sun as it becomes a red giant, the surface will barely register the scars that were left by humanity.. we'll be long gone I'm afraid.

Short Rounded

Jeremiah Jones said:
The worlds always been changing, and yes it could all come to an end someday, but I imagine that by the time whats left of Earth is consumed by the sun as it becomes a red giant, the surface will barely register the scars that were left by humanity.. we'll be long gone I'm afraid.
Very true. And besides, people predicted bad changes and what not would happen when we hit 2000... and nothing happened.

time-raider

Jeremiah Jones said:
Well the current archaeolgical line with the crystal skulls is that they're fakes, the only one that was ever considered the real deal, the Mitchell Hedges skull was reanalysed about two years ago and determined a fake (Plus the little snag about finding a record of it for sale in a French shop two years before it was supposedly found in south America)

The whole Mayan thing is just how their calender worked, in phases of thousands of years. Maybe something will happen, maybe it won't

I remember reading a book, don't remeber what it was called, but it did say something along the lines of that because the mayans where so great at astronomy that their calendar was in synch with the rest of the universe. And that on Dec. 21, 2012 the earth would be perfectly aligned to the center of the galaxy and that centered to the universe. or something along those lines. Maybe this is what they were predicting?

WilliamBoyd8

The 6th century monk Dionysus made a math error.

The AD (Anno Domini or After Christ) calendar is off by four years, Jesus was
born in 4 BC, so that using the AD system, we are in the year 2013.

The year 2012 (last year) marked the last Indiana Jones movie, that is why
2012 is significant.

No more Indiana Jones movies, at least with Harrison Ford.

:)