"Who Wants To Be A Superhero?"

Abe Vayoda

That show looks so sad and pathetic. It's another of those reality show that says "Hey, look at these desperate attention whores."
Were it not for the hot naked chick I would have added "They'll never get laid. Ever."
I'm getting so tired of contest reality shows like this. If it had a different concept, I think it'd be cool.
I think this idea would have worked: have up and coming young artists/writers pitch their ideas for a new comic book. Over a couple of weeks they develop and strengthen their comics and later home audiences and a panel of judges would vote on the best. Maybe the prize could be to have the book published, turned into a cartoon TV series, or a made for TV movie. That would interest me more. Besides, as I understand it from my friends, getting into the Comic business is very hard. Oh well, getting Stan Lee to do this was their best decision. He probably needs the money, considering how big a flop those to Spidey flicks were. :p

Goodsport

Nitro G was sent off this week for both ignoring the little girl's pleas for help and for neglecting Stan Lee's instructions to not change into his superhero costume in plain sight. :eek:

The show does seem to have a bit of a bit of a corny charm to it. I'll certainly be watching the next episode. :)

-G

Goodsport

Even when watching the beginning of the first episode, the only reason why I suspected that Nitro G wouldn't last more than an episode or two was that I only saw him in one or two of the show's promo shots, whereas I've seen the remaining contestants in practically all of the promo shots.

From here on out, though, I have no idea who'll be chosen to leave. :eek:

In any case, the second episode airs tomorrow (Thursday, 8/3/06). :)

-G

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Just a note, Stan Lee doesn't make much money from Spider-Man; Marvel doesn't pay Stan Lee any more money because his comic was made into a film...he doesn't own Spidy any more than you do.

I was intrigued by the concept of this and caught the pilot episode a few nights ago. The show certainly seems to have this "corny charm" that G described. I mean, I don't know how these so-called contestants can keep a straight face when Stan Lee tells them to step forward to the "red cube". Ha, give me a break...

<small>Yeah, I'll probably TiVo the rest of the season...</small> :rolleyes: :eek:

Abe Vayoda

Aaron H said:
Just a note, Stan Lee doesn't make much money from Spider-Man; Marvel doesn't pay Stan Lee any more money because his comic was made into a film...he doesn't own Spidy any more than you do.

Ouch. That's too bad for the guy... seems those old comic book writers really got screwed at times.

As for the "contestants" if you look up their IMDB page, most of them are "actors". I'm assuming they're getting paid for this rediculous ####.

Goodsport

This week's episode was certainly an interesting one, to say the least. :)

Something tells me that Dark Enforcer will be a more intimidating villian than Rotiart was. :eek:

-G

Abe Vayoda

I kinda wish all the rejected Hero's came back as villains.

Also, wouldn't have made more sense if ANOTHER shadowy guy on television spoke to Dark Enforcer about becoming a supervillain?
Someone like Todd McFarlin should have played the evil side of Stan Lee...

That way, there could be a 'threat' to Stan Lee and his team.

I think from a dramatic angle it would have worked better.

Goodsport

I just finished watching Episode 3.

• When Stan scolded the contestants that Superman and Spiderman would never reveal their true identities (or secret identities, as it were): Uh, Stan.... :eek:

• It was funny to see the rooftop lady in distress screaming for help, for someone to hurry up and help her - only for her to then tell the contestants to "Take it slow" when they started crossing the beam toward her. :D

• It looks like Lumeria and Fat Momma are gonna square off at some point soon. :eek:

Next week: the contestants apparently meet real convicts. :eek:

-G

Goodsport

It's now just Feedback and Fat Momma left. :eek:

After hearing that little girl say that she's never heard of Pong (which was Feedback's answer to what his favorite video game is) and that Feeback must've just made that up, I really feel old! :(

Next week: the Season Finale.

-G