TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Who Would You Let Live?
Belloq 16 11.43%
Toht 2 1.43%
Satipo 1 0.71%
Colonel Dietrich 1 0.71%
Monkey 9 6.43%
Mola Ram 3 2.14%
Kali Victim 6 4.29%
Elsa 46 32.86%
Donovan 0 0%
Vogel 1 0.71%
Kazim 7 5.00%
Wu Han 35 25.00%
Other (Either my choice wasn't listed, or I don't care that they all died) 13 9.29%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #101
Jordana
IndyFan

I voted Belloq because he's a great villain with layers and a considerable amount of sympathy (mainly stemming from his protective attitude towards Marion)...also, there's the whole being-Indy's-reflection thing, which no other villain has really managed. I would have loved to see them match wits again in another installment.

Also, I have a crush on him

If there was a second choice, I'd have picked Elsa, for many of the same reasons - not that I have a crush on her per se, but she was also a villain who wasn't just pure evil but had enough good in her to make me feel sad when she died. They always kill the best bad guys/girls off
Jordana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #102
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

I'd let Elsa live, then make love to her.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #103
WillKill4Food
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
[The Kali Victim is] the only character listed whose actions (at least onscreen) shouldn't have lead to the kind of demise he got.
He got my vote.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #104
RaideroftheArk
IndyFan

I say the Cairo Swordsman. Here comes this guy showing Indy his awesome sword skills as if saying "hey check this out, I'm really good with a sword, I'd be really good in helping you get your girlfriend back from those thugs" and Indy shoots the guy!!!

What the heck? He didn't do anything wrong!
RaideroftheArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #105
Pale Horse

First Dates

No monkey's deserve to die on their first date. I'd save the monkey from Raiders.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #106
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
Gotta save 'ol Wu Han. Poor guy, never saw it comin'.

eh, he gave up the gun, what a jerk! If he had gone down gun blazin, fine...but he went out like a nancy girl!

Belloq or Elsa, both were opportunists but Belloq was a better foil, the coward who would die a thousand deaths!

Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #107
MaverickKing
IndyFan

Mola Ram. He was too fun to be killed off.
MaverickKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:38 AM   #108
Team Indy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley
Interesting Poll!

Belloq.
He was a too good counterpart to Indy to die so soon in the franchise. I think he would have been above Marion, Henry, Sallah or Abner as a shocking return in Indy 4, if that could have been possible.

I agree with this. That would've been fantastic! Not only would Indy have to defeat both Belloq and Irina, Belloq and Irina would be at odds with each other!

Nazis vs. Soviets vs. American adventurists? What more could you want?
Team Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:40 AM   #109
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

I chose Colonel Deitrich!... Guess why!
But really I think he deserved a little more than what he got. That's why I love the original mine cart chase in Raiders so much, 'cause he got an action sequence. It might have alsom been a nice Idea to bring him back in the next on, to avenge his cause, even though ToD was a prequel (just a thought). I felt his death was over Shadowed by Belloq and Toat's

I didn't chose Belloq or Toat or Vogel ect. because there death were way to badass!! Plus the main villain must die! (Its an unwritten rule)
Col. Detritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #110
Zeppelin
IndyFan

I picked Wu Han. I always thought it was a bit sad that they introduced him only to have him die about two minutes later. I could possibly say the Kali victim as well, just for moral reasons.

Elsa...no. She deserved what she got. Toht was great, of course, but his death is so memorable there's no way I would change it.
Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #111
Indy Byrd
IndyFan

I also voted for Elsa, but it was hard not to vote for Wu Han. I voted for Elsa because I felt for her in a weird twisted way. She was torn in between what was right and wrong. She knew helping Indy was right, but it was like she wanted to go with the powerful people (Donovon and the Nazis), which was wrong.

A new thought came into this....what if Elsa was scared to cross Donovan and the Nazis? Did they have her parents in a camp andforced her to help? We may never know the truth as to why Elsa kept switching sides from good to bad.

And a final thought, it would have taken Indy longer to find the location of the second marker if Elsa hadn't helped him find it!! And Wu Han had his moments in the video game "Emperor's Tomb"!
Indy Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #112
Insomniac
IndyFan

Why would you pick Kazim he died fighting for the cross and he was prepared to die!
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #113
JCC1004
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonHammond
None of the above...

They all deserved their fate
Seriously? Kazim and Wu Han are Indy's allies. They did killed off a lot of good villans too soon. Elsa is a little iffy but she did stop Donny. The 3 seats in the Ford Tri-Motor for orginally for Indy, Shorty, and Wu Han. I'm torn between Kazim and Wu Han for allies. Kazim tried to kill Indy but wasn't sure what he was soing. As for enemies Belloq would have been a good one to keep for another moive.

Last edited by JCC1004 : 09-18-2009 at 08:08 PM.
JCC1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #114
lao che & sons
IndyFan

I went with wu han. He seemed like a great guy and was the only person on there who didn't at one time try to kill or go against indiana jones
lao che & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #115
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Elsa... she deserved it!

Think abaout it; she deserved it more than most of the villians. Why? Simple, she was warned "Don't cross the great seal!" And what did she do...

I mean Donovan (even though he was evil) was tricked by Elsa to drink from the wrong cup. He didn't question her judgment because, one, they were allied and two, she was an expert (In any sence of the word).
Belloq, Dietrich and Toat didn't know the ark would kill them for their evil (No villain thinks they are evil).
Mola Ram, actually deserved it; he knew what he was doing.
Irina had no idea that her request would back fire on her in a twisted ironic sence like that of a genie!

I rest my case!
Col. Detritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #116
kaokan123
IndyFan

I would save Wu han.. He was in the movie for like 2 minutes
kaokan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #117
Meerkat
IndyFan

Irina Spalko. So she could come back and marry Indy!
Meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #118
kongisking
IndyFan

Belloq's my pick, because he is the closest thing the Indy franchise has ever had to a recurring villain/arch-nemesis. Star Wars has Darth Sidious, Lord of the Rings has Sauron, Harry Potter has Lord Voldemort, James Bond has Ernst Blofeld, G.I. Joe has Destro and Cobra Commander, etc. This is the only area in which I think the Indy movies failed: in giving Indy a consistent adversary.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #119
shadow
IndyFan

Mola Ram.

Just so he could be killed off in a more gruesome way. If that is indeed possible.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:10 AM   #120
Gustav
IndyFan

Oh come on! Why would more people save Elsa than Wu Han? I have sympathy for Elsa but she totally had it coming.
Gustav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #121
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I picked the monkey.
Sure, it may have gave away Marion's position in the basket. But, when Indy thought Marion was dead and was drinking in the street; the little monkey showed remorse for what it had done. It tried to give Indy comfort.

Poor thing was just hungry when it died. All it wanted was some dates. It own damn owner ended up poisoning it.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #122
joebloggs
IndyFan

I voted for Elsa too. Because...Dang she's hot! I could think of many other things to do other than kill her !
joebloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #123
Jack Nelligan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Jones
They should never have killed of Elsa!

Is Elsa really dead???? Didn’t she fall into a crevasse with the Holy Grail? Doesn’t that mean that she could conceivably still be alive if she was able to drink from the Grail while in the crevasse? Food for thought! Bring on Indy V and Elsa!!!
Jack Nelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #124
Von Stalhein
IndyFan

I selected the SS-Standartenführer because it would've been great to allow for the possibility of his return in a later installment.
Von Stalhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #125
Sharkey

Belloq would have been good to have around, he was the type to run away and live to fight another day.Too bad
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote