TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Which is the cheesiest ending?
Temple of Doom 17 21.25%
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 33 41.25%
Neither - they are both perfect 30 37.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #26
sunshinestate1992
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Hey leave Full House out of this.................. Come on Cut It Out
YOu got it Dude!!!!
hahaha
babey bubby would i lie to you!!
sunshinestate1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #27
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

I'm there for ya babe.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #28
Leiter91
IndyFan

As much as I loathed KOTCS, the ending was okay. actually both were
Leiter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #29
mutt willams
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Hey leave Full House out of this.................. Come on Cut It Out

hahahah i remember that
mutt willams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #30
StoneTriple
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz
how long after they left the Amazon was the Wedding? I mean, presumably Indy had to prove himself to the Feds, the Dean of the College appears to have been reinstated - so we must be looking a couple of months down the line surely?
+1

I assumed that was the case when I was watching it the first time. No way it was rushed into.

I enjoyed that ending. During the course of the film it's hinted at, as well as demonstrated, that they've both had feelings for each other. The wedding fit the film.

Last edited by StoneTriple : 06-24-2008 at 04:17 PM.
StoneTriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #31
deckard24
IndyFan

KOTCS by a long shot!!

As much as I enjoyed the film, that ending was super cheesey! The hazy dream sequence look to it (thanks to Kaminski) only made matters worse!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #32
Sam Falco
IndyFan

I dont think TOD had a cheesy ending really, it was a very honest moment for that movie. I mean, come on, some dude just saved your ass from a dark tunnel where you were being slaved out to dig until you died... I'd wanna cheer for that guy too!

Also, you have to consider the source material that these movies come from, the dashing hero just went through hell, beat the bad guys and now he gets the girl as the rescued people cheer his name. That was his fortune and glory.
Sam Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #33
mutt willams
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Falco
I dont think TOD had a cheesy ending really, it was a very honest moment for that movie. I mean, come on, some dude just saved your ass from a dark tunnel where you were being slaved out to dig until you died... I'd wanna cheer for that guy too!

Also, you have to consider the source material that these movies come from, the dashing hero just went through hell, beat the bad guys and now he gets the girl as the rescued people cheer his name. That was his fortune and glory.

ya, i mean how would you guys feel if you were in that position?
mutt willams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:17 AM   #34
graz
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Falco

I suppose, one of my big problems is understanding what Indy saw in Willie in the first place. Sure she would be ok for a quick bunk up, but after listening to her whining and screaming for the last couple of hours, I would have thought he would have been glad to see the back of her!

I enjoyed seeing Indy & Marion get married - but I can see from the poll I'm losing this one!
graz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #35
Benraianajones
IndyFan

Quote:
I suppose, one of my big problems is understanding what Indy saw in Willie in the first place. Sure she would be ok for a quick bunk up, but after listening to her whining and screaming for the last couple of hours, I would have thought he would have been glad to see the back of her!
!

He didn't see anything in her in the first place! And I am sure her and Indy did have a "bunk" up in the end, but I think Indy did see a new side to Willie towards the end, as did Shorty, like I've just said in a previous thread, though she screamed at the bridge at a few points, she had changed quite a bit by then. Imagine her at the start - then when she is saving Short Round and even throwing rocks to save Indy. And she obviously started to care about things other than herself, cause she says in a turning moment "Let's get out of here" - Let US! Not herself! I always feel proud when she says that.

She was fiesty and resourceful deep down, not to Marion's level, but she was in her own way, but it was obscured by her pampered life.
Benraianajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:04 AM   #36
Sankara

"Skull" is on the worst endings in movie-history...
Sankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:31 AM   #37
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankara
"Skull" is on(e) (of) the worst endings in movie history...

You need to see more films....(EDITED)

Last edited by Agent Z : 06-27-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:35 AM   #38
graz
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Z
You need to see more films....and laying down a bit on the booze might help a tad as well....

Yes, I was thinking this was a bit of an exagerration even for a KOTCS hater. I didn't want to say anything though because Sankara's a bit sad at the minute and I don't want to upset him!
graz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:38 AM   #39
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Yes, I was thinking this was a bit of an exagerration even for a KOTCS hater. I didn't want to say anything though because Sankara's a bit sad at the minute and I don't want to upset him!

True, and I need to amend my previous suggestion about the alcohol. I have also considered that his garbled posts may be from someone not so comfortable with the English language. So, I will go all Pebbles and give him the benefit of the doubt.....
Old 06-27-2008, 06:52 AM   #40
Sankara

Sad? I'm not sad. I don't think that anybody here is happier about "Indy 1 - 3" than me! :-)

Well, english is not my mother language. I'm very very very good in words in my own language, because it's my professional.

You think my posts are always amazing because I know so much about Indy? Well these post are nothing against my reviews in german language.

I need to see more films? Well, I'm a pundit (for an radiostation). Watching movies is part of my job. So... yes... "Skull" has a lousy ending... very lousy...

An Alien in an Indy-Movie... a marriage...
Old 06-27-2008, 06:59 AM   #41
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Sad? I'm not sad. I don't think that anybody here is happier about "Indy 1 - 3" than me! :-)

Well, english is not my mother language. I'm very very very good in words in my own language, because it's my professional.

You think my posts are always amazing because I know so much about Indy? Well these post are nothing against my reviews in german language.

I need to see more films? Well, I'm a pundit (for an radiostation). Watching movies is part of my job. So... yes... "Skull" has a lousy ending... very lousy...

An Alien in an Indy-Movie... a marriage...

How rough did you go on Indy 4 when reviewing it for radio?
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:01 AM   #42
Swindle
IndyFan

Hey, I like cheese!!!

I like Marion and Indy marrying. Less episodic.

Temple of Doom, I saw the ending as more than just Indy and Willie. It was also the villiage all happy, etc.

Both are very cool endings.
Swindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:07 AM   #43
Sankara

@the man
Well, I said I'm a huge fan since 1981, I talked about my huge collection and the locations I visited... (Petra for an example)... than I said that this movie is very embarrassing for an Indiana Jones movie. I would give it 4 of 10 stars as an normaly sommer blockbuster... BUT as sequel to the amazing Indiana Jones-Movies... the best movies in the world... I give 0 of 10 Stars...
Old 06-27-2008, 07:20 AM   #44
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Watching movies is part of my job.

Well, right place, right time mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swindle
Hey, I like cheese!!!

I like Marion and Indy marrying. Less episodic.

Temple of Doom, I saw the ending as more than just Indy and Willie. It was also the villiage all happy, etc.

Both are very cool endings.

I agree. Kingdom is Indy in pure comic book form. Some people were expecting it to be a facsimile of the one of the other films. Why? Each film in the series has a very distinct tone from the other installments, so why go back to an old template?

Kingdom truly is the equivalent of the rolled-up, weathered comic book, stuffed in the back pocket and taken everywhere the young kid in us wants to travel to.

Last edited by Agent Z : 06-27-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #45
Sankara

But the makers said it's going back to the "Raiders"-Style...
Old 06-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #46
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
But the makers said it's going back to the "Raiders"-Style...

The makers aren't the film. Nor is the hype. The film is the film. All that matters, and all that should truly be judged, is the film itself.

Last edited by Agent Z : 06-27-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #47
Sankara

Yes, but the makers wanted the Raiders-Style back, because they think "Raiders" is the best Indy-movie. They failed! "Skull" is everything but not "Raiders"-Like...
Old 06-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #48
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Yes, but the makers wanted the Raiders-Style back, because they think "Raiders" is the best Indy-movie. They failed! "Skull" is everything but not "Raiders"-Like...

You don't speak for everyone.
Can you go back to playing dress up as Indy please?
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #49
Sankara

I speak for the makers and they think that "Raiders" is the best. The most people in the world think the same...

By the way: "Skull" is not a big success in Germany. Maybe my review is the reason... :-) Who knows...
Old 06-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #50
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
You don't speak for everyone.
Can you go back to playing dress up as Indy please?