will Indy and Marion adopt a daughter?

The Man

No. A certain whining songstress shows up next with a decidedly feminine child named Henrietta 'B!tch' Scott.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
DocWhiskey said:
No.

I mean, why would they?

Because of the Old Indy Chronicles continuity. Indy has a daughter or a girl at least, who calls him "Dad."

It's possible that they would. But I don't believe in Indy 5 and it probably wouldn't happen as this is the reason why Lucas "disappeared" the bookends. I figured that out a while back that Crystal Skull or Indy 4 would have something that would be out of line with the Old Indy footage.

Vance

I can see it now...
Indiana Jones: The Quest for the Little Blue Pill

Actually, they could both have time for a girl, I suppose, but it's iffy. It doesn't really conflict anyway, and I seriously doubt we'll see an Indiana Jones 5 - or at least one that takes place AFTER Crystal Skull.

Stoo

Violet Indy said:
Because of the Old Indy Chronicles continuity. Indy has a daughter or a girl at least, who calls him "Dad."
Actually, there are 2 different women who call him "Dad". Who's who is anyone's guess, I suppose...
(...but I still maintain, the redheaded Susan "Daphne" is most likely Indy & Sophie Hapgood's lovechild.:p)
Violet Indy said:
I figured that out a while back that Crystal Skull or Indy 4 would have something that would be out of line with the Old Indy footage.
Hasn't happened yet.;)

Johnny Jones

If the article linked on theRaider homepage is true, then Indy V at least seems to be on the way! I remember the rumors about Natalie Portman as Indy's daughter in the fourth movie... wonder how it would work if they tried that this go-round? What if she wasn't adopted, but rather from yet another Indy girl, and Mutt had a monster crush on her before he found out she was his half-sister, and... yeah I know, that would suck.:p
I think they should take it easy on the family thing this time, and go back to more of Indy as a solo adventurer.:whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Actually, there are 2 different women who call him "Dad". Who's who is anyone's guess, I suppose...
(...but I still maintain, the redheaded Susan "Daphne" is most likely Indy & Sophie Hapgood's lovechild.:p)
Hasn't happened yet.;)

Maybe Sophia has twins... :p What does the other said daughter look like? Is she also in the bookends that you've posted coz I've only seen Susan. Btw, Spike has to be related to Mutt! The resemblance and the 'tude (not to mention the hair do) is uncanny! I suppose KOTCS hasn't hurt the Old Indy Chronicles yet, but you never see Mutt as an old man do you? Which would be super awesome... And Marion Ravenwood Jones is Uncle George's mother.... :rolleyes:

The Man

It should have been a daughter from the get-go. Even LaBeouf was of the same mind...

http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1554351/20070309/story.jhtml

MTV: Not even from your perspective, but from a fan's perspective, because after "Last Crusade," having a son seems like the next step for Indiana Jones.

LaBeouf: Right, but does it have to be a son? Wouldn't it be cooler if it was a daughter? I think that the interaction between, like, let's say it was Natalie Portman, and Harrison Ford having to deal with a woman. It could be fun to see him taking pointers from a woman. ... As a film lover I'm saying that could be fun to watch. If it were a son, I don't know if that would take away some of the spark of Indy. I would love to be a part of it, but I'm not yet.

We'll (probably) never know. A tragic lost oppurtunity.

|ZiR|

I remember reading that in one of the earlier drafts for KotCS Indy did indeed have a daughter but it was vetoed by Spielberg because he felt it too similiar to Jeff Goldblum's relationship with his little girl in The Lost World.

I think that was a wise choice.

The Man

|ZiR| said:
I remember reading that in one of the earlier drafts for KotCS Indy did indeed have a daughter but it was vetoed by Spielberg because he felt it too similiar to Jeff Goldblum's relationship with his little girl in The Lost World.

Indy's daughter was once a black gymnast?!

|ZiR|

The Man said:

No, though she was going to be 13 and very skilled at adventuring/archaeology, IIRC.

I really do wonder how many illegitimate children Indy's fathered throughout his years of travel. A black daughter isn't outside the realm of possibility, imo.

Stoo

Violet Indy said:
Maybe Sophia has twins... :p What does the other said daughter look like? Is she also in the bookends that you've posted coz I've only seen Susan. Btw, Spike has to be related to Mutt! The resemblance and the 'tude (not to mention the hair do) is uncanny! I suppose KOTCS hasn't hurt the Old Indy Chronicles yet, but you never see Mutt as an old man do you? Which would be super awesome... And Marion Ravenwood Jones is Uncle George's mother.... :rolleyes:
Actually, scratch that because I forgot. The other woman is his grandaughter as exposed in this thread:
Indy's daughter in the TV series? (If someone is looking for an in-depth discussion on Old Indy's offspring, this is it.:eek: )
Who is "Uncle George"?:confused: The grandaughter in question, Caroline, is fair-skinned, dirty blonde/brown hair in prim attire.
She looks to be late her '40s but others can judge when the bookends get posted. I'll add a screencap to the other thread.

(Because of Adamwankenobi's misinterpretation of dialogue, here's what the "Empire" magazine website included in their timeline.
"Indy is now living in New York with his daughter Daphne and his cat, Henry. He also has a grandson called Spike.") Ha-haw!:D

The Man said:
We'll (probably) never know. A tragic lost oppurtunity.
"Tragic"?!? Hardly...
"Lost"? We got a daughter 15 years ago.:p

|ZiR| said:
I really do wonder how many illegitimate children Indy's fathered throughout his years of travel. A black daughter isn't outside the realm of possibility, imo.
This is entirely plausible. It reminds me of something David Lee Roth once said, "I'm a family man. I've started several, myself."

Robyn

The Man said:

LOLOLOLOL!!!! BTW I never could figure out why Spielberg gave Jeff Goldblum a black daughter, she's not even biracial, how could she possibly be his biological child

Manco

I have it on good authority that Indy's new love interest in Indy 5 will be Celine Dion. You heard it here first folks.

The Man

Manco said:
I have it on good authority that Indy's new love interest in Indy 5 will be Celine Dion. You heard it here first folks.

celine-dion1.jpg

"Ugha-Ugha-Ugha!!!"

Stoo

ronicle said:
Do you think Indy and Marion will adopt a daughter if they make Indy 5?
Doubt it. The only 2 reasons to go this way would be:
1) To "retcon" the Old Indy bookends.
2) To satisfy fans who yearn for another double gun-totin', drop-kicking, Lara Croft-type female.
Manco said:
Please, no. I saw Céline perform when she was only 14! It was Canada Day outside my friend's high school
a year after "Raiders" came out. Outstanding voice but just no, no, NO!

Isn't Marion too old to have children at the time of the KOTCS wedding? Indy is supposed to be 58, the real age difference between Harrison Ford and Karen Allen is 9 years so lest assume Marion was 49 in KOTCS. 1957 was before medical science made it possible for older women to have kids but then again some women that age do have children naturally but its rare. Heck my grandmother was nearly 44 when my mom was born and she had a hard time believing she was pregnant at first. Assuming Indy and Marion got busy their wedding night and then add 9 months Marion would be 50 years old or very close when she would give birth. Its possible I guess, that would mean the bookend daughter from the early 1990's would be in her mid 30's. Another likely theory is that she is another illegitimate child from another mother. Willy from TOD maybe? Then again from what someone already said (I have not seen the daughter in the bookends) it didn't seem like the daughter was in her 50's in the bookends either.