Using quotes from the trilogy in real life

HellofaSandwich

"I'm like a bad penny. I always turn up." -- an absolute classic that I've used a few times in the past.

When I was in high school, I was sitting around and talking with a bunch of the guys, and someone said: "Look at Nathan! He's as giddy as a schoolgirl!"

My response was: "Nathan? He was never giddy -- even when he WAS a schoolgirl!"

"No time for love, Dr. Jones" is also a classic that I've used a few times.

Nurhachi1991

"You stood up to be counted with the enemies of everything the Grail stands for! Who gives a damn what you think"

I once used this line on a chick at school in 7th or 8th grade when we did a group project and she did no work and said she thought she deserved credit! :p

Yes I felt like a jerk afterwards but it was a great opportunity to use that line.

metalinvader

I remixed a line from KOTCS on my girl the other day at walmart.I went in looking for the LC figures when she made some remark about some girls outfit and how cute it was.I simply said,"She has one problem,She isn't you."

She laughed,Rolled her eyes and gave me a hug... :p

This is a great thread

I use the "It's not the years, it's the mileage" line a lot. I also like to say "Faster boy, faster!" to my buddies to get them to hurry up, and "Well, they don't come any closer than that," but I have to do a Sean Connery impression to get the full impact of those ones.

QBComics

I do use the 'Oh Sh!t' line a lot. When my dad and me were waiting to see Indy 4 for the first time I asked him: "so, you've made it 19 years, how do you feel...?" "It's not the years, its the milage" :whip:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
"I find, that if I just sit down and stay down...the solution presents itself," is surprisingly useful, but only among friends. Which really is to say, I've felt the compulsion to use it lately.

The_Raiders

A copy of another post of mine:

Well me and my friends were at a neihborhood BBQ and my friend was too shy to go pick out her food since she didn't really know anyone so I said "Eat it, you're.. insulting them, and you're embarassing me, eat it." And the same friend got mad becasue I left some things out and I simply replied "You don't have to get sore all the time to prove how tough you are, sit down, please sit down." She wasn't thrilled with that . Also I had a back ache once and my friend saw me walking and said "You look like an old man" so I said "It's not the years honey, it's the mileage." I know there are more then that but that's pretty much the only ones I can recall, I'll let more people know when ever I happen to use more quotes. And she was going through some tough times and said nothing could get better so I couldn't help but say "Maybe, but not today." As far as I know that day didn't get better for her :p .

The_Raiders

WillKill4Food said:
I've only found usefulness in quotes such as "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go."

Hey man, nice to see you posting again! :hat: I do beleive I have used that quote on occation before. :p

Indy Byrd

I too use the "It's not the years , it's the milage" quote a lot, since some days it feels as if I'm 97 instead of 27 :p . The other day me and my dad was at the lake and I rented a SeaDoo waverunner and pulled up along the dock next to my dad who is 65 years old. I was trying to get him on it to take a ride and he kept saying I really don't want to and I finally just said " Get on Gramps!" and he listened!! My son has seen KOTCS a couple times and likes Mutt's character and he'll ask me a question about something and I'll try explaining it to him and he'll ask me "Are you a teacher?" and my reply with a little grin is always..." Part time!"

The_Raiders

Well I just went in my friends room and interrupted his show and he got mad and got up so I once again got to use "You dont have to get sore all the time to prove how tough you are, sit down, please sit down". Then he said "Where'd you get that, from my mom?" and I got to use "I don't know I'm making this up as I go." He only laughed. :p

Indy~Annie

my sister loves the nazi's in the movie,and she has a toy of one of them and when she waves the toy in my face for meanness i always say."Nazis,i hate these guys".:p

and last Christmas me and my sister was putting lights on the house roof (she begged me to help her)and we were out there for a really long time (my first time) and i started sniffing and i looked at her and said "ACHOO!! look,now u made me catch a sniffle"the same way he said it.:D he he

that was fun......got to do it next time.!!

Nurhachi1991

Indy~Annie said:
my sister loves the nazi's in the movie,and she has a toy of one of them and when she waves the toy in my face for meanness i always say."Nazis,i hate these guys".:p

and last Christmas me and my sister was putting lights on the house roof (she begged me to help her)and we were out there for a really long time (my first time) and i started sniffing and i looked at her and said "ACHOO!! look,now u made me catch a sniffle"the same way he said it.:D he he

that was fun......got to do it next time.!!

Your sister likes the Nazis? Lol never heard of that before I like them to but only in the Indy universe.

Indy~Annie

Nurhachi1991 said:
Your sister likes the Nazis? Lol never heard of that before I like them to but only in the Indy universe.
lol yeah she's not an Indy fan.:( i watch it all the time and she always want to be around me so she has to watch it.lol so she likes the nazi's (only in the moies of course.:p he he).and she even has her fav the one in LC watching Indy and the Nazi fight,he was in the tank looking through the glasses thing.she called him Nuzi.lol

Nurhachi1991

Oh the dude that got knocked out by the parascope yeah they need to make a figure of him he could come with the TRU Tank.

Indy~Annie

Nurhachi1991 said:
Oh the dude that got knocked out by the parascope yeah they need to make a figure of him he could come with the TRU Tank.

lol if they made him you wouldnt believe how happy she would be.:D he he

never leave the toy at home.:rolleyes:

i could tell you one thing we would be waiting at wal~mart for the guys to bring the Indy nazi toy outa the truck.lol