Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Joe Brody

INDYfatigable said:
I still think N. Portman was hotter in Ep3
i was so relieved that Anakin was not a winy little kid in ep3 that got real annoying in ep2

In my book, there was still some trace residue in evidence.

. . .and roundshort, what about Portman's ready-for-combat maternity outfit?

roundshort

I don't even want to think abotu her in III, she blow the perfectly good picture of the perfect Star Wars chick that was created in I and II, I don't know how Lucas manages to kill cool characters, thank god he never touched Solo, he even messed up Lando in VI,

Dumi

Well, I have to admit something that I am preety ashamed of :).
I have not seen any Star Wars Movie. I don`t know why, I guess I never had the time and patience. But I promised myself that one day I will buy all the DVD(and a bottle of juice)and I will watch all the movies! But what I was trying to say is that, altough I have not seen the movies, I RESPECT them very very very much! It marked our lives, a lot, I think!

Canyon

Dumi said:
Well, I have to admit something that I am preety ashamed of :).
I have not seen any Star Wars Movie. I don`t know why, I guess I never had the time and patience. But I promised myself that one day I will buy all the DVD(and a bottle of juice)and I will watch all the movies! But what I was trying to say is that, altough I have not seen the movies, I RESPECT them very very very much! It marked our lives, a lot, I think!

Don't worry.

I didn't actually get to see the original SW movies until the mid 90's. :)

INDYfatigable

my last post might have had some of you scratching your heads goin why in the world would he wait that long? well the reason is i am only 13 years old and my mom hates star wars and for the longest time didnt want me to watch said it was a waste of time. she went on a conference, and me and dad went out and rented all three of the original trilogy. mom still hates star wars(i love it!) but now i can watch it as much as i want to

DaFedora

Tell me - if you think Lucas to be a lousy writer (hope not as a director) why are you on this board anyway?
Okay, even Spielberg commented Lucas' writing was bad in the beginning - a lot of typewrite errors and such, but if you'd have watched the docu on the THX1138 Director's Cut, you'd know Lucas was always better at visual creativity, editing and directing the actors than he was at scriptwriting (in which his buddy F.F. Coppola prevailed). Coppola himself admitted he and Lucas where opposite personalities but with equally brilliant qualitity - that's why both of them formed the perfect think-tank team.

So better watch your mouth on Lucas - the guy self-handedly pursued his luck to revolutionize an entire film industry and if Star Wars had flunked and 20th Century Fox had stopped financing him, he'd be a forgotten filmmaker for all I know.

ClintonHammond said:
"Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars film"

ESB had the biggest wimp out in film history...

"I am your father!"???

What a cliché, soap-opera thing to do.. it's a testament to what a lousy hack of a writer George Lucas really is....

Last edited:
Lucas helped the film industry make some very relevant and important tech advances, yes... But so have many many other people... If he hadn'ta done it, someone else would have... WETA and Pixar for instance have totally eclipsed every 'advance' that Lucas and his podlings have made... he didn't revolutionize anything...

As a director, he's lousy at best... as a story idea man, he's have some very good ideas... most have been done best when he gave them to someone else...

"why are you on this board anyway?"
Last time I checked this was an Indiana Jones fan site... not a George Lucas Fan Site...

TombReader

Lucas helped the film industry make some very relevant and important tech advances, yes... But so have many many other people... If he hadn'ta done it, someone else would have...

Maybe,but the point is that he did and 'they' did not.

WETA and Pixar for instance have totally eclipsed every 'advance' that Lucas and his podlings have made...

Pixar was a Lucas-owned company.That was his idea,too.How exactly did WETA eclipse Lucas' achievements?By substituting children in place of Hobbitt actors?It's a well-known fact that Lucas was the one who gave Jackson the technology to do pre-visualisation animatics on LOTR.Sorry,dude...without Lucas and SW,there would have never been a LOTR trilogy.

he didn't revolutionize anything...

Whatever.Is that why the AFI saw fit to give him a Lifetime Achievement Award?

Last edited:
The AFI gave him a lifetime achievment award because they're a bunch of self-important, self-serving, souless, So-and-so's... Such awards aren't worth the powder to blow to heck... Picasso never won any awards...

indifan101

Star Wars Episode 3 had some major flaws!

If your a Star Wars fan like me, then I'm sure you also had a lot of questions!
The third movie was awsome but it had some major flaws! Here are two major ones.

1. If you ask me I didn't see where Anakin had to turn to the darkside. Except that the thought of Padme dying he really didn't need to go evil. Even if he turned to the darkside Palptatine lied to him about the sith secret to stop loved ones from death. That was a rouse to me.

2. If the jedis had the ability to feel things around them how come they could not feel the precence of the clones about to attack them? Whats up with that. They're jedis yet they can't save themselves form clone troops?

What are some other questions you have about episode 3.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
The good thing about unlogical facts in fiction is that you can always make up the solution especially when it's Si-Fi/fantasy. :)

roundshort

Well, this is more for all three of the new Star War movies

If Ewan McGergor was so good in Trainspotting, why did he suck so much in the Star Wars Movies?
Actually why did everyone suck so bad in the movies? No personailty at all