Dumbest/Overused movie lines

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
This list of cliched dialogue is up to 131...

I was born ready.
Are you sitting down?
Let’s get out of here!
_____ my middle name.
Is that all you got? / I’m just getting started.
Are you thinking what I’m thinking?
Don’t you die on me!
Tell my wife and kids I love them.
Breathe, dammit!
Cover me. I’m going in.

InexorableTash

The wife and I were watching Episode 1 of Gilligan's Island. Yes, from the "and the rest!" era. Gilligan and the Skipper set out on a raft and are beset by sharks. Apparently, even in the early 60's, the right thing to say was:

"We've got company!"

(Gales of riotous laughter followed.)

Pale Horse

Staff member
As a writer, I gotta go with this gem

...Hollywood's screenwriting at it's finest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7_iNIgGjc

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-U7_iNIgGjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAGNABIT! Help with the code, please......

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoo

InexorableTash said:
The wife and I were watching Episode 1 of Gilligan's Island. Yes, from the "and the rest!" era. Gilligan and the Skipper set out on a raft and are beset by sharks. Apparently, even in the early 60's, the right thing to say was:

"We've got company!"

(Gales of riotous laughter followed.)
Gee, Tash, your wife likes Scooby-Doo AND "Gilligan's Island"? You're a lucky guy!(y)

Anyway, that line appears even earlier in 1948 with, "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", when some Mexicans silently show up at camp during the night.

Howard (Walter Huston): "We got company."

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
Anyway, that line appears even earlier in 1948 with, "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", when some Mexicans silently show up at camp during the night.

Howard (Walter Huston): "We got company."

There's a super cut of that one as well, just...not as funny.

Dr. Gonzo

Hey...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mz5ODQCueP8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>