Your Figures In Action! (with PICS!)

tnswman

vf wing said:
Had a lot of fun setting this one up!!

akatortower.jpg

I did this when I built my 2 1/2' Akator temple playset but It was just too big to fit in so I had to make my own.....I wish it would work with the AKATOR playset from Hasbro because the scale works great..It just isn't compatable.

tnswman

for those that have not seen these.

AKATOR:
indy011-10.jpg

indy012-8.jpg

indy009-10.jpg

These actually work by coming down to the posts.
indy007-13.jpg

indy002-14.jpg

indy001-17.jpg

indy005-14.jpg

I am now working on a more "Official looking door" and attachment playset for the Crystal Skeletons....This is a quick example for my scale
indy003-14.jpg

INSIDE THE AKATOR WATERFALL TEMPLE:
indy005-13.jpg

indy007-12.jpg

indy004-13.jpg

indy003-13.jpg

indy002-13.jpg

indy001-16.jpg

CEMETARY BATTLE ( Based off the original story of 3 cemetary Warriors):
007-5.jpg

006-4.jpg

008-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

SOURCE MATERIAL:
010-4.jpg

MY VERSION OF A JUNGLE CUTTER FIGHT:
022-3.jpg

023-4.jpg

024-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

027-3.jpg

028-4.jpg

029-3.jpg

030-3.jpg

031-3.jpg

032-3.jpg

033-3.jpg

034-2.jpg

FINISH!!
indy002-12.jpg

rainy829

my camera's broken so I can't take any pics but I recently built the statue from the opening of fate of atlantis out of legos.

ended up being about action figure scale so I might buy a marion figure and repaint her to look like sophia.

Errex

IJNUBES.jpg

Sorry for the late reply. Yes those are EXIN blocks, from Spain and made by Popular De Juguetes.

In the 70's and 80's they were made by EXIN in Spain and EXINMEX in Mexico. In the early 2000 the license was sold to Popular de Juguetes in Spain, until they went out of bussiness.

Catwoman001.jpg

"Dr. Jones. Again we see there is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away"

Catwoman is from the Microman Batman line by Takara.:whip:
Great that Akator diorama, by the way! :D

Last edited:

vf wing

Dr Bones said:
Mine...."This is the ark we're looking for"

2.jpg

Sorry for the small size but I reduced it for my sig on another forum.

Those damn Imperials! Always making off with our artifacts...

Tn, your custom Akator stand as a high-water mark in playset creation. Thanks for re-posting those! I am wondering where one acquires the foam to do something like that. It's such a versatile material to work with!

Errex, I'm also wondering if you could recommend a good way to score some Exin blocks!

Errex

Well, VF, your best bet is to do an eBay search for Exin blocks, but search also the european sites. eBay Spain almost always has monthly auctions, but they tend to be quite expensive. If I had the cash, I'd definitely buy more from them.

Another option is to try garage sales and flea markets, but as usual, there's just no way to tell what can be found or at what price.

tnswman

vf wing said:
Those damn Imperials! Always making off with our artifacts...

Tn, your custom Akator stand as a high-water mark in playset creation. Thanks for re-posting those! I am wondering where one acquires the foam to do something like that. It's such a versatile material to work with!

Errex, I'm also wondering if you could recommend a good way to score some Exin blocks!

Hobby Lobby has all the Styrofoam that you can handle :) and THANKS!! It took me a full day to draw up and create...I watched KOTCS 4 times on my DVD while I worked on it. It motivated me.

tnswman

I am actually working on a pretty much TO SCALE Idol temple playset with working traps.

The only thing is that I have found a way to make a to scale TOD playset too and those figures REALLY need a playset.

The Idol Temple will follow the plans that were laid out in the DK book. I had a LOT of motivation for it when they showed the ROTLA wave 2 figures..Now, A lot of key elements are missing for me :(

I could always fall back on the rather easy Well of the Soul's playset....I already have that drawn up..It will include all the workings that you see in the movie.

Which do you guys think I should make?

Arab Swordsman

tnswman said:
I am actually working on a pretty much TO SCALE Idol temple playset with working traps.

The only thing is that I have found a way to make a to scale TOD playset too and those figures REALLY need a playset.

The Idol Temple will follow the plans that were laid out in the DK book. I had a LOT of motivation for it when they showed the ROTLA wave 2 figures..Now, A lot of key elements are missing for me :(

I could always fall back on the rather easy Well of the Soul's playset....I already have that drawn up..It will include all the workings that you see in the movie.

Which do you guys think I should make?

I'll vote Idol Temple...who needs Satipo anyway?!

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:

LOL!! If you would have said this 2 weeks ago, you would have been hung and beaten LOL! SAPITO WAS PROMISED TO US DARN YOU!!!

Arab Swordsman

tnswman said:
LOL!! If you would have said this 2 weeks ago, you would have been hung and beaten LOL! SAPITO WAS PROMISED TO US DARN YOU!!!

And another thing...why is it spelled Satipo when Indy says Sapito?!? Screw him and his spear riddled body! He was the last of those figures I was looking forward to. I'm in mourning over Toht and the German Mechanic.

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
And another thing...why is it spelled Satipo when Indy says Sapito?!? Screw him and his spear riddled body! He was the last of those figures I was looking forward to. I'm in mourning over Toht and the German Mechanic.

LOL!! I dunno, I have spelled it every way possible. Indy will be awfuly lonely though in that temple but he can at least get away this time since Stupid Hasbro didn't even give us a good Belloq.

Arab Swordsman

tnswman said:
LOL!! I dunno, I have spelled it every way possible. Indy will be awfuly lonely though in that temple but he can at least get away this time since Stupid Hasbro didn't even give us a good Belloq.

Just put him next to Forrestal on the spikes then you can just bloody up another figure to look like him with that dumb "I forgot about the light beams" look on his face.

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
Just put him next to Forrestal on the spikes then you can just bloody up another figure to look like him with that dumb "I forgot about the light beams" look on his face.

LOL! And Indy actually got taken by the loser.

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
Indy gets taken by everyone! Satipo, Belloq, Lao Che, Elsa. The guy is pretty gullible.

Yea..But getting taken by Elsa was darn well worth it!! I would do that EVERY DAY!! I guess it really says that you can't trust south Americans, French men, Chinese, and women LOL!

The Nazi were the only honest guys in the movies outside of the good guys :) they didn't hide what they were doing.

Arab Swordsman

tnswman said:
Yea..But getting taken by Elsa was darn well worth it!! I would do that EVERY DAY!! I guess it really says that you can't trust south Americans, French men, Chinese, and women LOL!

The Nazi were the only honest guys in the movies outside of the good guys :) they didn't hide what they were doing.

Yeah, even the Thuggees were in hiding using Pankot as a cover. I never thought of that before but that's a great point. Even the Russians hid in American uniforms.

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
Yeah, even the Thuggees were in hiding using Pankot as a cover. I never thought of that before but that's a great point. Even the Russians hid in American uniforms.

I know..now I'm thinking about it LOL! that's reality though.

vf wing

Poor guy is just too big-hearted!

So, apparently Exin blocks are no longer in production. I have to wonder if they're compatible with Legos.

Tn, excuse my ignorance, but did you construct your cemetery and temple with foam or styrofoam?

Nurhachi1991

Arab Swordsman said:

I NEEDED SATIPO!!!!! I mean who needed the Cario Swordsman??? He was a worthless figure at least Satipo was in the movie longer.