The Soundtracks Collection - Concord

AndyLGR

This is an excellent little package, very well presented I think.

My favourite piece of music from TOD isnt on there, the music when Indy is trapped on the bridge just when Shortie and Willie are led out to him. I think the Temple of Doom is a very atmospheric piece, very apt to the scene and quite a disturbing piece of music.

But still for me the best pieces of music in the whole saga are the intro Jungle scene and the Desert Chase both from Raiders :whip:

Nice to see on the ROTLA artwork that they kept the title of Raiders as it originally was instead of adding Indiana Jones and the ....... before it.

Crack that whip

AndyLGR said:
This is an excellent little package, very well presented I think.

My favourite piece of music from TOD isnt on there, the music when Indy is trapped on the bridge just when Shortie and Willie are led out to him. I think the Temple of Doom is a very atmospheric piece, very apt to the scene and quite a disturbing piece of music.

A lot of score fans are still hoping for a release of that sometime. I very much want everything, myself.

AndyLGR said:
Nice to see on the ROTLA artwork that they kept the title of Raiders as it originally was instead of adding Indiana Jones and the ....... before it.

Well, naturally, but then they've never changed the movie title anyway; "Indiana Jones and the" has only appeared on the video packaging / labeling. The on-screen title is still just "Raiders of the Lost Ark." That said, I'm sure the principal reason they kept it on the soundtrack packaging is simply to use the artwork on the OSTs - each of the digipaks for the first three movie discs is designed with the cover art for that movie's original soundtrack album that first came out back when the movie did.

Luke Skywalker

Crack that whip said:
A lot of score fans are still hoping for a release of that sometime. I very much want everything, myself.

Well, naturally, but then they've never changed the movie title anyway; "Indiana Jones and the" has only appeared on the video packaging / labeling. The on-screen title is still just "Raiders of the Lost Ark." That said, I'm sure the principal reason they kept it on the soundtrack packaging is simply to use the artwork on the OSTs - each of the digipaks for the first three movie discs is designed with the cover art for that movie's original soundtrack album that first came out back when the movie did.

All 4 movies have they original OST covers, dont let poor KOTCS out :D

Crack that whip

Heh! I'm not; it's just that the disc for KotCS actually is the OST, as opposed to a whole new disc that just uses the OST cover. ;) But yes, each of the four individual movie discs in the set has a digipak using the original album cover art for the OST.

michael

You know, as much I would love to have the actual ToD end credits...the version by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra (available on iTunes) is pretty decent in my book. They nail the Indy & Short Round intertwined theme.(y)

StoneTriple

michael said:
You know, as much I would love to have the actual ToD end credits...the version by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra (available on iTunes) is pretty decent in my book. They nail the Indy & Short Round intertwined theme.(y)

+1

I think the few pieces they have available are fantastic.

michael

The "British Relief" cue, might be one of my favorite cues EVER by John Williams. Sometimes I'll just rewind it back and forth, over and over, and over to keep hearing it. I love it. I remember loving it when I was a kid as well. So good.

Also, it seriously might be considered unhealthy how much I listen to the ToD soundtrack.

twlightzone1205

For those editing their own lists: What is the best version of "Through the Wall" for Raiders? Is it "Indy Rides the Statue" on the Concord album? Or is it an entirely different cue? Also, is "Escaping the Pit" the same as "The Mummy Cave"? I'm too confused.

Dewy9

I just got the set last week and it's every bit as great as everyone is saying. I really've only explored the Raiders and ToD so far. I love the note by SS in the Raiders booklet about Indy running and moving at all the right cues. :)

DoctorWho

Probably a dumb question, but, here goes....

Can someone make a list of where the "Last Crusade" tracks off of the bonus cd would be placed on the remastered soundtrack, if they were all together?

Luke Skywalker

twlightzone1205 said:
For those editing their own lists: What is the best version of "Through the Wall" for Raiders? Is it "Indy Rides the Statue" on the Concord album? Or is it an entirely different cue? Also, is "Escaping the Pit" the same as "The Mummy Cave"? I'm too confused.

'The Mummy cave' is a fanmade name, while 'Escaping the Pit' is what John Williams called the cue.

The concord CD uses the Name 'Indy rides the statue'.

There are three cues for this scene.

The original version (officially unreleased) has music for indy riding the statue and the mummy cave scenes

The alternate, (and film version when it was not tracked with the raiders march) is in the concord version and its only music for the riding of the statue (and would replace the 1st half of the previous cue)

And there is another cue that is an extension of the alternate, that would be meant to extend or replace (the music is the same 'theme' but with more tension) part of it.

These two last cues were called on some boots 'Through the Wall' and 'Through the wall (alternate)' respectively.

The better option for a complete score would be using 'The mummy cave' or as i have done it, putting 'Indy rides the statue' and then 'The mummy cave'

Morning Bell

I got this set for Christmas and over the last month I've been listening to it non-stop (in fact, I'm listening to it now).:D

It's a great set all-around and, although not quite complete, more than enough to tide me over for years to come.